Page 453 of 576 FirstFirst ... 353403443451452453454455463503553 ... LastLast
Results 9,041 to 9,060 of 11517

Thread: PC Bargains

The Blackwell Bundle is 5.18 in euro at the moment over on Gamersgate, which makes it a couple of euro cheaper than Steam for UK / Ireland folks. I've only played the most recent game, which was a very good point-and-click (only occasionally headbanging) that had me caring about the characters.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pertusaria View Post
    I've only played the most recent game, which was a very good point-and-click (only occasionally headbanging) that had me caring about the characters.
    That is absolutely horrible and a very bad idea overall. The story is pretty much woven between all games, and you're missing out a LOT of details and info and story by only playing the latest one.

If you're gonna play the Blackwell games (which I very much recommend you do, they're FANTASTIC, but fair warning, they're also criminally short at 2-4 hours each depending on the player) do it right, start with Legacy, then Unbound, then Convergence, then Deception, and then start sacrificing goats to our lord Satan so that the 5th part will come out already god damnit.

Fair enough. I think I only owned the most recent one at the time, but I can't for the life of me remember how / why. I think it may have been before all of the games were bundled, but clearly that doesn't excuse purchasing them out of order. I have since got the rest of them and will make sure to play through them in order.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Origin have an actual sale on which actually contains sale items - which is a first for people outside the US I think??

http://store2.origin.com/store/eaeme...ce_2013_en_GB/

Notable bargain - Crysis 2 Max for 5 - only time it's been cheaper was from Nuuvem way back when - that's a lot of shootybang for 5 tho - and then there's a rig-bragging-rights...

Crysis 1 is just 3 but they don't do a Max pack and Warhead is still full price so if you're a completist, that might be a General Wotsitface trap thingy hoping you'll spend on that!?

Warp is cheap - flawed but a lovely idea

4.50 for Bulletstorm is hard to resist if you've not had the 'son of a dick' experience yet - it's quite an experience...

KoA isn't in there but it's DLCs are if you already have it on Origin I guess - no idea if that works with non-Origin copies...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Origin have an actual sale on which actually contains sale items - which is a first for people outside the US I think??
    Actually, Origin has been, shockingly, better for non-Americans with respect to the sales. The vast majority of the good sales have all been Europe or Eastern Europe or some other non-US region friendly, whereas most of them have passed over the US.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    4.50 for Bulletstorm is hard to resist if you've not had the 'son of a dick' experience yet - it's quite an experience...
    Bulletstorm is abysmal because the developers decided it was more important to make up douchey names for combos than let us string them together free-form. It is the rotest of rote.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It still has one of the THE most silly trailers of all time - so much wrong and so much right...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty1H29WMgkE

GMG has The Whispered World for just 2.49 units of currency, too bad it's only capsule.

Quote Originally Posted by Pertusaria View Post
    clearly that doesn't excuse purchasing them out of order. I have since got the rest of them and will make sure to play through them in order.
    Don't mind Rauten, he can get a bit radical about the things he likes. As long as you don't play the second before the first, I wouldn't sweat it... can't recall the last episode having so many deep references that playing it out of order will prompt kittens to spontaneously combust.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Bulletstorm was a sharp reminder on the perils of hype, for me. The trailers were better than the game.

I thought Bulletstorm was the best shooter since FEAR. It's one of the few games I can think of that I didn't want to end.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Yeah bulletstorm is brill

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Bulletstorm is abysmal because the developers decided it was more important to make up douchey names for combos than let us string them together free-form. It is the rotest of rote.
    I found it very entertaining but I agree that the combo system was a bit broken and academic. Instead of rewarding inventiveness it turned into a shopping list. It's silly, uncomplicated fun, but certainly not a must-play.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Arguably it only gets like that if you always have to be scoring the most points. Seeing as you're never going to have so few as to not be able to afford ammo, and most of the things you can otherwise spend the points on aren't really that necessary, just enjoy yourself instead.
    So what if shooting someone in the willy and kicking them onto a cactus only gets you 20pts, while a simple lasso + airkill gets you 50pts? Go with what's fun.

I'm buying Dragon Age: Origins (haven't played any Dragon Age yet) and some Battlefield in the Origin sale, can anyone tell me which Battlefield is best for starters? I've been thinking about buying Battlefield 2: Bad Company, should I buy any DLC in case I go with it? I don't want to spend to much money this sales, so I'll have to be careful. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by AlexClockwork View Post
    I'm buying Dragon Age: Origins (haven't played any Dragon Age yet) and some Battlefield in the Origin sale,
    If I'm seeing the same prices you do, it might be an idea to wait and see if Dragon Age should pop up in the Steam sale again first; the times it's been up it's been 9 Euro for the Ultimate edition. The Origin price I'm seeing is equivalent to 54.84 Euro.

Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    If I'm seeing the same prices you do, it might be an idea to wait and see if Dragon Age should pop up in the Steam sale again first; the times it's been up it's been 9 Euro for the Ultimate edition. The Origin price I'm seeing is equivalent to 54.84 Euro.
    I'm seeing 2.98€ for Origins. Not the Ultimate edition, though. Is it worth it? Dragon Age II seems to be 4.98€.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    I'm buying Dragon Age: Origins (haven't played any Dragon Age yet) and some Battlefield in the Origin sale, can anyone tell me which Battlefield is best for starters? I've been thinking about buying Battlefield 2: Bad Company, should I buy any DLC in case I go with it? I don't want to spend to much money this sales, so I'll have to be careful. :-/
    The most populated BF game is naturally BF3. The premium edition contains everything, but I don't know how cheap that is. The dlc:s are not required of course, plenty of people still play the original maps.

You should still be able to find servers for Bad Company 2 (Battlefield 2 is another game!). It only has one dlc of note; the vietnam expansion. Get it or don't - it's a completely different game essentially, though it shares progression xp.

I'm seeing 2.98€ for Origins.
    2.78 here.

Not the Ultimate edition, though. Is it worth it?
    I haven't played Awakening, but it seemed to be pretty well received, so it seems like it's worth it.
    I'm hoping for Ultimate to show up on Steam again (I've missed it twice now).

As far as I can tell, even if you bought Dragon Age and Awakening separately on Origin, the price would be higher than Steam's daily/flash sale price (for me, at least).

Dragon Age II seems to be 4.98€.
    ah, I'd get shafted with that; it's equivalent to 6.57 Euro here.

Odd differences...

Guess I'll wait and get the Ultimate edition, then. About Battlefield... I might even get BF3 without any DLCs, but I guess it'll be cheaper as soon as 4 comes out. Thanks for the answers!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    You're definitely getting proper fucked if you buy DA:O alone through Origin. Go Ultimate Edition or don't bother. Not saying all the DLC is worthwhile, but DA is so good you'll end up wanting to play it anyway and Bioware's funnymoney is a ripoff as are all such things.