Page 459 of 604 FirstFirst ... 359409449457458459460461469509559 ... LastLast
Results 9,161 to 9,180 of 12062

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pailhoarse View Post
    Having little or no experience with playing turn-based games in a multiplayer setting, I was afraid that I would get hit with hate messages for sucking at Frozen Synapse. But in the two matches I lost last night, no one said a word.
    I think the asynchronous nature of the game precludes much trash talking, even when both players are present at the same time.

Welcome to the forum league, the atmosphere is great!
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Well, there's a Quakecon sale thing on Steam, but it's pretty underwhelming. 75% off id games and 25% off Bethesda games.
    Papo & Yo at 75% off seems more interesting.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    Papo & Yo at 75% off seems more interesting.
    Yes, opinions, please! I have no idea what this is about, I've only heard the name on occasion.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Yes, opinions, please! I have no idea what this is about, I've only heard the name on occasion.
    Nathan wrote a WIT about it in April: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...think-papo-yo/

Sounds like it's rather unique, but some of the game parts may not work so well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    The Humble Bundle Weekly Sale is 1C and just went live.

It is the King's Bounty and Men of War series, three of each.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    The Humble Bundle Weekly Sale is 1C and just went live.

It is the King's Bounty and Men of War series, three of each.
    Ugh everyone buy this like crazy, please. These are all objectively amazing games and now you can choose between cutesy turn-based fantasy battles OR warbattle soldier hat simulation.
    steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Kings Bounty Armoured Princess was a mostly great fun 32 hours of my life according to Steam. Some annoying wandering back and forth to replenish troops but that never takes long. A few dickish bossfights but they tend to be optional and you can come back later to crush them.

Isn't it a bit strange having both Crossworlds and AP in the bundle though? I thought one (CW) was basically the other (AP) plus some other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Well, there's a Quakecon sale thing on Steam, but it's pretty underwhelming. 75% off id games and 25% off Bethesda games.
    Had to get Wolfenstein for just over a euro, though.

Some of the sale prices are showing up wrong for me in the list on the main screen (Dishonoured for about 80 euro), but right if you click through to the game-specific page. Bit odd.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Kings Bounty Armoured Princess was a mostly great fun 32 hours of my life according to Steam. Some annoying wandering back and forth to replenish troops but that never takes long. A few dickish bossfights but they tend to be optional and you can come back later to crush them.
    I like it a lot too, and unlike with The Legend, it's not quite as easy to paint yourself into a corner (i.e. run out of troops).

Isn't it a bit strange having both Crossworlds and AP in the bundle though? I thought one (CW) was basically the other (AP) plus some other stuff.
    The Steam versions are actually two different full installs, so Crossworlds isn't just an add-on. Not sure why.
    But yeah, since you can play the original AP from Crossworlds, it seems a bit odd to include them both.

Obscure Node
    Ahhh damn those bundles, they're to blame for 90% of my "backlog". If I'm to be realistic, ie playing one of the Bounty-games, which should it be?

Quote Originally Posted by valuum View Post
    Ahhh damn those bundles, they're to blame for 90% of my "backlog". If I'm to be realistic, ie playing one of the Bounty-games, which should it be?
    Armored Princess, in my opinion. Some people prefer Legend, though. I just thought AP had more charm, but then, I am rather fond of the pet dragon. Plus, I keep running out of troops to buy in Legend, so I never get very far.
    If you have Crossworlds, you might go for that; the main campaign is AP with extra bits (although the original AP has more than enough bits already, really).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I prefer exploration in the Legend, but they tweaked combat to make it better in AP. Quite honestly, you'll be satisfied with whatever one you chose, and gameplay doesn't change much game to game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    I just got Steamrolled. I wanted to buy the Quake pack only to learn that "You already own everything in this pack".
    So I bought the Heretic and Hexen pack instead. It doesn't have Heretic 2, which is a shame...

PSA: Don't neglect Quake's mission packs. I played through Scourge of Armagon a few years back and had a lot of fun.

Sleeping Dogs is also 75% off, good amount of fun to be had. Personal recommendations for DLC are Year of the Snake, Zodiac Tournament and some outlandish cosmetic stuff (Nightmare in North Point was OK).

Skulls of the Shogun 4-pack is 75 % off on Gamersgate (single games aren't discounted for some reason). I bought a 4-pack with an additional 20 % off. Anyone interested? It should be about £2.50.

EDIT: It's now 25 % off. Gotta love GG mistakes. Anyway, the price stands. Let me know. 2 left.

EDIT 2: They're gone.
    Last edited by Fanbuoy; 06-08-2013 at 08:05 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Ooh, me, mememe!

If you still have a copy, count me in!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexClockwork View Post
    If you still have a copy, count me in!
    Sure, send me your e-mail address in a pm. I'll ask for money through paypal and e-mail you the key. Btw, the price has increased to about £3 now, due to paypal fees. Hope that's okay.

Obscure Node
    I guess I'll give Armored Princess a go over the weekend then, thanks for opinioning.