Page 461 of 569 FirstFirst ... 361411451459460461462463471511561 ... LastLast
Results 9,201 to 9,220 of 11366

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    GOG.com is having yet another D&D 'classics' sale. It works the same way as before; the more you order (or own), the higher the discount: from 40% for 1, up to 75% for all 10. Which 10? These:

Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Edition
    Neverwinter Nights 2: Complete
    Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga
    Baldur's Gate 2: Complete
    Planescape: Torment
    Icewind Dale: Complete
    Icewind Dale 2: Complete
    Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone
    Dungeons & Dragons: Dragonshard
    The Temple of Elemental Evil
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    GOG.com is having yet another D&D 'classics' sale. It works the same way as before; the more you order (or own), the higher the discount: from 40% for 1, up to 75% for all 10. Which 10? These:

Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Edition
    Neverwinter Nights 2: Complete
    Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga
    Baldur's Gate 2: Complete
    Planescape: Torment
    Icewind Dale: Complete
    Icewind Dale 2: Complete
    Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone
    Dungeons & Dragons: Dragonshard
    The Temple of Elemental Evil
    There's no way I can add 10 games to my backlog, but I enjoy RPGs and smiting evil with an axe or magic, so what would be the top couple of choices from these?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Dragons Hard is essentially rubbish. Its fun, its very much a 90's era RTS before Relic came back with CoH and showed people that RTS could have varied and interesting decisions. Its tech tree and unit types are interesting, but hilariously, completely broken. You can finish the whole Human campaign with nothing but speced up clerics, as everyone in range attacks and everyone who isn't autoheals the others. Its fun, but pointless.

NWN2? Great but painful to play, cant someone fix the interface in a mod please TY?
    NWN 1? Ugly beyond all recognition but Hordes of the Underdark is a great scripted campaign.
    Baldurs gate 1&2, mod it up and you have a fun but mechanically dumb romp. THAC0!
    Planescape Torment Worth experiencing, but my god is the beggining of the story a road bump, early on its all WORDS and you are like "Why should I care" and then suddenly, you care forever.
    Icewind Dale is Baldur's Gate diluted and strained through a colander. Its lean and and intense.
    The Temple of Elemental Evil gets praise, but I haven't really got into it yet, its turn based.
    Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone looks pretty crap.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Torment and the Baldurs Gates are the stand-outs for sure. After that you're probably looking at NWN2 and the Icewind Dales.

Cool. I'll go with the Baldur's Gates then and see how I fare.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Dragons Hard is essentially rubbish. Its fun, its very much a 90's era RTS before Relic came back with CoH and showed people that RTS could have varied and interesting decisions. Its tech tree and unit types are interesting, but hilariously, completely broken. You can finish the whole Human campaign with nothing but speced up clerics, as everyone in range attacks and everyone who isn't autoheals the others. Its fun, but pointless.
    Dragonshard is a shit version of Spellforce, a statement I'm pretty sure will cause your mind to go apoplectic.

Otherwise Torment, BG2, IWD1&2, and NWN2 are all great. My love of PS:T is well known, as if my love of NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer. BG2 is also an incredible game which (THACO aside) has great gameplay and many wonderful fights (As opposed to Torment which has wonderful conversations). The Icewind Dale games and core Neverwinter Nights 2 campaign are fun fantasy romps, with the latter having problems of the engine variety but a lot of good in there too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Dragonshard is a shit version of Spellforce, a statement I'm pretty sure will cause your mind to go apoplectic.
    Hello, My name is Dr. Francis Chickenfeet, I am the user you know as 'Heliocentric's doctor. I just wanted you to know that after he started ripping doors of their hinges and we were forced to sedate him that 'heliocentric' said

Quote Originally Posted by Sedated Heliocentric
    Honestly, Dragonshard is a shit version of Warcraft 3 with a few nice features that don't play out well because the game itself it just pointless. It doesn't have a slanting economy which grievously punishes failure*, a hero levelling up structure which requires DOTA like skill and item memorisation* and horrific scripted events which cripple any attempt to play casually*, as well as this the easier difficulties are harder and the hardest ones easier* in the german sensibility of "harder difficulty gets more XP"* teamed up with "enemies of the same type give diminishing returns"* or a the disgusting sliding resource recovery* which means that once you run out of money in your resource locations you slowly starve to death while wave spawning enemies pay no mind to the flow of resources*... I feel sleepy
    *I believe he was referring to Spellforce

Upon waking Heliocentric added the following
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric
    I'm sure Spellforce 2 is fine, it seems well made from the brief view I had on it... Oh god, why am I covered in blood?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Hello, My name is Dr. Francis Chickenfeet, I am the user you know as 'Heliocentric's doctor.
    Great post or greatest post?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    That was everything that I hoped for and more.

Network Hub
    Just wanted to report that the keys for Saints Row IV from Amazon.com are region-locked.

Quote Originally Posted by Strazz View Post
    Just wanted to report that the keys for Saints Row IV from Amazon.com are region-locked.
    Thanks for pointing that out. I was thinking about buying it from Nuuvem (in Brazil), for around 24,- . But as they seem to be region-locked (again), I think I'll wait for another bargain, maybe ebay?
    Seems this might have to do with the later release in non-US regions...damn Internet-oceans :-/
    Steam-Id inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    I own almost all of these thanks to last year's GOG Christmas sale, and I still haven't played any of them. I am part of the problem.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Thought I'd mention that Euro Truck Simulator 1 is currently in the Groupees Build a Meridian 4 Megabundle, under the name "Big Rig Europe". 3 games minimum for $1.

http://groupees.com/bamm
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

I am German and I just bought Saints Row 4 on amazon.com. Turns out I can't activate the key on steam and it says the product is not available in my region. Looks like they're region-locking pretty hard so beware.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    I am German and I just bought Saints Row 4 on amazon.com. Turns out I can't activate the key on steam and it says the product is not available in my region. Looks like they're region-locking pretty hard so beware.
    Had the same issue with Saints Row III. I used a VPN to activate it successfully, been playing it ever since without issue. Steam doesn't look to kindly on that though IIRC (the activating part).

Obscure Node
    AFAIK if you want your games on Steam, just buy (well trade, buy the keys on the Steam Market) them through TF2outpost.com

In most cases it'll be cheaper than anywhere else.

Deep Silver aren't getting a red cent from me until the whole region-locking situation become totally clear (especially given the impact of AU censored/ROW keys for Australians), and they deign to respond to all the queries about why in the space of 2 days the Australian version of the game has gone from about to pre-load to delayed a month and now delayed to some random unspecified date in September. And to think it had been a guaranteed pre-order.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermal Ions View Post
    Deep Silver aren't getting a red cent from me until the whole region-locking situation become totally clear (especially given the impact of AU censored/ROW keys for Australians), and they deign to respond to all the queries about why in the space of 2 days the Australian version of the game has gone from about to pre-load to delayed a month and now delayed to some random unspecified date in September. And to think it had been a guaranteed pre-order.
    So you aren't pre-ordering...

Good job, you made the correct decision. If you have even the slightest doubt or concern, just wait. The game will still be there, and will probably be cheaper.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm sure Spellforce 2 is fine
    Don't spread such lies. Spellforce 2 is not very good. They removed pretty much everything interesting from the first game. Presumably based on the whining of those without taste. What you are left with is a game that isn't bad but is never really interesting at all.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Steam Games From Paris sale. Doesn't show in my client but works on the website.
    Copacabanacom shows once again how they don't get Steam: their two months old mega-bomba Remember Me is only 40% off.