Page 485 of 542 FirstFirst ... 385435475483484485486487495535 ... LastLast
Results 9,681 to 9,700 of 10828

Thread: PC Bargains

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    From GOG:

Finally, we would like to express our condolences to everyone who's been furloughed by the shutdown. More than that, actually, we'd like to offer you the games pack of our special Shutdown Promo for free. Send an email to thanksobama@gog.com with your picture holding the official furlough letter you received, before Friday 11 October 2013 at 12:00 EDT and we'll give you The Guild: Gold Edition, Capitalism, Capitalism 2, Tropico: Gold Edition, Alpha Centauri + Alien Crossfire, Theme Hospital, and Redneck Rampage free.
    This is just great.
    steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Green Man Gaming are running a couple offers at the moment:

1) https://goldenjoysticks.greenmangaming.com/ - Register or use your existing GMG details, proceed to vote on the Golden Joystiq Awards, recive a FREE copy of either Mafia II or CivV

2) Similar to GetGames' GetLoadedGo 2x12 offer, GMG is have a 2 for 12 week on a bunch of games: http://www.greenmangaming.com/two-for/

3) They're also having a 3x6 offer at the same time on some other games: http://www.greenmangaming.com/three-for/

4) And an up to 75% off on Ubisoft games: http://www.greenmangaming.com/ubisoft-deals/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squareking View Post
    From GOG:

This is just great.
    I friggin' love those guys.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squareking View Post
    This is just great.
    That mail alias and selection of games is comedy gold. Well played, GOG.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Except Obama didn't shut down the government, the Republican-led House of Representatives did. That email actually makes me like them a bit less.
    Previously on falsecountry.net:
    Banished Expectations
    - of Banished, Saints, and Lords on Lithium

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnerMcCaffrey View Post
    Except Obama didn't shut down the government, the Republican-led House of Representatives did. That email actually makes me like them a bit less.
    It's probably them being in on the "Thanks Obama(!)" joke rather than them not understanding the stupid reasons that a countries government decides they don't want to work together.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

90% of the time someone says "Thanks Obama" it's a joke.

Network Hub
    Someone needs to catch up on his memes.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/thanks-obama

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    As others have pointed out, it's a running joke/meme, not an actual accusation against Obama. They know who's responsible for this mess, just look at the comment regarding the inclusion of Redneck Rampage in the sale...

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Green Man Gaming are running a couple offers at the moment:

1) https://goldenjoysticks.greenmangaming.com/ - Register or use your existing GMG details, proceed to vote on the Golden Joystiq Awards, recive a FREE copy of either Mafia II or CivV
    That doesn't work for me... Are there any restrictions?

Btw i already voted in the past days, or should i vote again with a different address?

They're saying you should vote using the same address as your GMG account, and then wait 24h until the key is available.

Network Hub
    I'll try the support

I'm getting an error page from the Golden Joystick link on GMG.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    I'm getting an error page from the Golden Joystick link on GMG.
    You and EVERYONE else...

It's been on Reddit's GameDeals page all day - it will be melted...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Reddit ruins everything. First NeoGAF went down because of those HL3 news and I died of boredom at work, now I can't get free copies of games I already own...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    If you pre-ordered Retro City Rampage (as in your Humble Bundle collection page says pre-order), you have a free PSN copy of Retro City Rampage (PS3 and Vita). And I think it is on sale anyway.

Game is okay. Not amazing and I think it is severely hurt by the "retro" controls, but it is humorous and very reminiscent of GTA 1 and 2.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

We at FireFlower Games are having a Sci-Fi Sale. Up to 75% off a bunch of sci-fi games.

Septerra Core - 75% off

Astroloco - 60% off

Masterspace - 60% off

etc
    DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and Linux for direct download - http://fireflowergames.com/
    At least half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

For the next week, you get The Witcher free for any purchase you make on GOG. Very nice deal!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Capcom sale on steam

Sf4 arcade, lost planet 2 & 3, dmc, resi 5 & 6 etc..

Anyone know if its possible to upgrade vanilla sf4 to arcade edition?
    Are those new resis any good?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by karaquazian View Post
    Are those new resis any good?
    Did you like Resident Evil 4? If so, you'll love the Leon and Ada portions of Resident Evil 6 and will probably enjoy RE5.

RE5 is VERY QTE heavy and has an incredibly unlikable protagonist (Chris Redfield and his massive arms). It was okay, but I was kind of rooting for Wesker the entire time.

RE6 is a weird bag. It is really four games in one.
    You have the Leon chapters which are basically a sequel to Resident Evil 4: Low ammo, fun enemies (actual t-virus zombies again), and a nice balance of combat and puzzles.
    The Chris Chapters are Call of Duty and further cements my disdain of Chris. You have a LOT of ammo and you basically kill endless waves of las plagas.
    The Jake (Baby Wesker) chapters are basically what RE4 was when it was still the prototype of Devil May Cry (or vice versa, I forget the order but RE4 and DMC1 were the same game for a while). You don't have the emphasis on melee that trailers suggested, but it is very much about being highly mobile and using hit and run tactics. Also, you have a Nemesis-like foe who chases you and periodically gets into fun fights. And while Jake has moments even more Narmy than Chris "I'm gonna punch the rock until we have a bridge" Redfield, they actually work with Jake. His story is all about embracing his inner Wesker while still being "a good guy", so when you do the REALLY over the top stuff it is okay since he SHOULD be able to do that and the only truly "what the fuck?" moment is so satisfyingly awesome that you overlook it. Spoiler: You use your bare hands to beat the shit out of the monster that has been chasing you the entire game. Over a pool of molten lava. It sounds REALLY stupid (and it is), but it is just so satisfyingly awesome that you can't help but grin.
    Ada is more classic RE (1-Code Veronica) in that it is about puzzle solving and really annoying timed shit.

Honestly, I really liked RE6. Yes, there are some really stupid moments and it has QTEs, but it is a fun game. I disliked the Chris chapters, but I enjoyed the rest. And I REALLY love the system they used for co-op:
    Basically, as anyone other than Ada (or as Ada with the DLC) you have two player co-op. There are certain moments where the story of the characters overlap, so you then get 3 or 4 player co-op (depending on if it was two pairs or one pair and Ada). And it works well.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.