Page 487 of 608 FirstFirst ... 387437477485486487488489497537587 ... LastLast
Results 9,721 to 9,740 of 12160

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Perhaps a racist zombie thread can be created so the rest of us can find the bargains a bit easier?
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Any other Capcom standouts on this list? What did you guys really like, if anything?

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/Capcom30Year

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I've played SxT on the Vita. It's a fun fighter, though I'm looking forward more to TekkenXStreetfighter because I like the Tekken combat style more.

Lost Planet 2 is fun. Lots of big mechs, lots of big monsters. For a fiver can't go wrong really. Lost Planet 3 is made by someone else, avoid it.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    Get Games are having a Sleeping Dogs sale - http://getgamesgo.com/category/sleeping-dogs
    Yussss. Thank you : )

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Eight Rooks's Avatar
    Okay, I'll be good. Honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Smashbox View Post
    Any other Capcom standouts on this list? What did you guys really like, if anything?

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/Capcom30Year
    I'd say Remember Me is definitely worth it if for some reason it hits a 60% or a 75%, though at half off it depends how much you like the sound of a gorgeous but fairly shallow beat 'em up with an interesting story that doesn't really deliver on its opening premise. Seriously, I thought it was a lot of fun, though the glorious art design and soundtrack were by far the biggest draws. Not a whole lot of replay value in the combat, unfortunately, though I might well go through it again for the experience some day.

Oh, and Bionic Commando: Rearmed should be a no-brainer at that price. Not the "proper" BC, the remake, that one's rubbish. Rearmed is the jazzed-up 2D game that turned up before the remake and it's excellent. The first time you start it up and the splash screen music kicks in is worth the sale price alone.

Dead Rising 2 is possibly worth a look at that price - the visuals will seem just a little clunky now, and if you played the first game the sequel really is more like v1.2 than anything else. Still a lot of fun, though, if you like open-world slaughterfests where the fun comes from finding crazy things to do. I think it's running G4WL, though, so I don't know if that'll cause problems in the near future. (Shame the multiplayer never got any real attention, it was great.)
    Last edited by Eight Rooks; 12-10-2013 at 01:03 PM.

World of Goo is 95% off in honour of its fifth birthday. Get it on Steam or from the devs.

That gives me an excuse to post this ridiculous speedrun:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Resident Evil 6 75% off on Steam.
    I've been like this since the deal started:

Can I have fun on the lowest difficulty and with auto-QTEs enabled? Or do I still have to deal with shitty checkpoints, difficulty spikes, insta-deaths, timed bullshit, broken stealth and so on?

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    *snip*
    Can I have fun on the lowest difficulty and with auto-QTEs enabled? Or do I still have to deal with shitty checkpoints, difficulty spikes, insta-deaths, timed bullshit, broken stealth and so on?
    I swear to God I didn't even notice any of these things, or at least not to the point I was gnashing my teeth. Checkpoints seemed relatively sanely spaced out, there was enough ammo on normal difficulty I could rambo most or all of the tough fights, all the boss attacks were fairly clearly telegraphed (were there even any that could instant kill you?), I don't remember struggling with a time limit at any point and while the stealth on Ada's campaign was... shall we say simplistic a lot of those times I screwed up were blatantly my fault. God knows you could fault it for a lot of things, but I don't remember these being huge deals on normal, let alone easy.

EDIT: Oh, hey, Revelations is 75% as well! BOUGHT.

Activated Node
    The game is not difficult. I played it for a few hours at the default and there're plenty of ammo and the check point is not too bad. There're some instant of bs qte that you didn't see coming too but it's quite rare.

That being said, I'm currently continue to play it in easy mode lol, it make the game a lot more enjoyable for me because the enemies stop being annoying bullet sponge. The qte when a zombie jump on you is much more forgiving too, it was really getting on my nerve while playing on normal. And the story despite being dumb as well is enjoyable, it is very much a RE story.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Sold.

Dark Void is another fun game on sale right now. It's about reptilian aliens who orchestrate WW2 and you're the Uncharted dude with a jetpack.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

I'm like that with every RE since 4 tbh - I never really 'got' RE - I hate games with limited ammo at the best of times - but I played RE4 and it was, let's be honest here, one of the BEST VIDEO GAMES EVER MADE and so you think "hmmm - well - OK, let's see where this goes then"...

Not that I'm going to watch the movies - I'm not mentally damaged - but if I'm gonna play 6 I'd want to play 5 - if I'm gonna play Revelations I'd want to play 6 and 5 and

What's you're all saying is "move along with your memories of 4 - nothing to see here" aren't you?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Sold.

Dark Void is another fun game on sale right now. It's about reptilian aliens who orchestrate WW2 and you're the Uncharted dude with a jetpack.
    You are - quite literally - the first person EVER to try to sell that game to me - quite possibly to ANYONE

Seriously - does anyone else on earth have a nice thing to say about it?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The Golden Joysticks voting thing is back-up-and-running - seems the 'free game' redemption at GMG is still a bit shaky but if you vote at CVG/GJ now, you should get your game from GMG at some point - when they iron-out-the-creases

Get in BEFORE GJ breaks again!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/joystick

Activated Node
    So. Haven't played Res Evil since the very first one. Which of these on the Steam Capcom sale is the best one? I only thing I've heard about any of them is the aforementioned things about 5.

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    You are - quite literally - the first person EVER to try to sell that game to me - quite possibly to ANYONE

It has activation limit. So you will only suffer a number of times.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Quote Originally Posted by Trelow View Post
    So. Haven't played Res Evil since the very first one. Which of these on the Steam Capcom sale is the best one? I only thing I've heard about any of them is the aforementioned things about 5.
    Depends what you're looking for. They're all very, very different to the original. 5 would be the closest, it still has something of the awkward stamp-stamp-stamp about the controls, and a feeling of struggling to avoid being backed into a corner. The main problem with 5 in a purely mechanical sense is that the AI for your partner is awful - it can't handle conserving its resources, and it can't fight like a regular human player would. Dividing up your herbs and ammo and whatnot between the two of you is also a complete pain in the rear.

6 avoids a lot of this, mostly by giving your partner unlimited supplies and/or streamlining how the game's rules work for them - it's very difficult to get them killed on normal difficulty. Thing is, it ramps up the action movie feel to a great extent (4 did this too, but 6 goes much, much further), and a lot of long-time fans who'd been with the series since 1 hated it for that. It has regular third-person shooter controls, it has special moves, it has cover-based shooting, it has QTE sequences, it has long, wildly over-the-top cutscenes where things explode... if you view this kind of thing as a blight on gaming in general then you probably want to stay the hell away.

Revelations built on 6, but it's originally a 3DS game, so that translates as standard modern third-person shooting plus much smaller levels and much less impressive visuals. The PC port is still a very pretty game in places, though. Just avoid Operation Raccoon City, I guess. I can't think of a single reputable reviewer who liked it, and I don't remember reading any forum posts or anything like that giving it a convincing defense - most people seem to have despised it outright.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Which of the Resident Evil games starts in a, possibly North-American, village where you hobble awkwardly around and shoot mutated people? After the village there's a path with an avoid-the-boulder QTE? (I detest QTEs, especially ones like that, so I uninstalled the game when I ran into that and don't know what happened after).
    I think you play some blonde guy, but that may have been something I chose.

ETA: Seems like it was probably Resident Evil 4.
    Last edited by Similar; 13-10-2013 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Which of the Resident Evil games starts in a, possibly North-American, village where you hobble awkwardly around and shoot mutated people? After the village there's a path with an avoid-the-boulder QTE? (I detest QTEs, especially ones like that, so I uninstalled the game when I ran into that and don't know what happened after).
    I think you play some blonde guy, but that may have been something I chose.

ETA: Seems like it was probably Resident Evil 4.
    It was indeed Resi 4, which was the first to go all action, action, action!, but yeah, it kept the awkward controls (can't remember if they were the classic tank setup) and used a lot of button prompts, so not everyone was impressed. I liked it, but I don't agree it was one of the Best Games Ever, as a ton of reviews seemed to insist at the time.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eight Rooks View Post
    It was indeed Resi 4, which was the first to go all action, action, action!, but yeah, it kept the awkward controls (can't remember if they were the classic tank setup) and used a lot of button prompts, so not everyone was impressed. I liked it, but I don't agree it was one of the Best Games Ever, as a ton of reviews seemed to insist at the time.
    yeah, I remember trying it because people seemed so fond of it and I like the world from the movies so I was hoping there was something there, but it's not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post

"Shit up my nose, what right does this game have to suddenly kick ass?"
    -Yahtzee, February 2010

I actually bought into the hype about Dark Void completely back when it was first announced. Jetpacks, other dimensions, Nikola Tesla, I was stoked. Then the reviews came in...