Page 496 of 594 FirstFirst ... 396446486494495496497498506546 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,920 of 11873

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Remember when TrackMania was the f2p game on Steam? Nadeo really fucked up the sequel.
    Trackmania is still f2p on Steam - Nations Forever is still there...

The problem with the sequels is that they really don't add much - they're a bit prettier and a bit better in the handling dept but not really enough to get you excited enough (and the rally handling in Valley is awful).

I always wanted Trackmania to be 'Scalextric or HotWheels for PCs' but it never really managed that, sadly...

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Ubisoft sale on Nuuvem http://www.nuuvem.com.br/promo/fds-ubisoft

The Third Ass(Assassins Creed 3) and all DLC is in the deluxe edition for around €13

Call of Juarez Gunslinger (steam key) is there for around €5

Rayman Origins is also around €5

Complete Anno 2070 should run you around €17

More UBI games there aswell complete Anno is the most expensive

I say around as its in Brazillian Reals and you should use paypal for outside of Brazil. Then there is the FX rate on your card, so the prices are an around but should be pretty close

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (Steam) is on GMG for £4.99. There's a 20 % off voucher as well, taking it down to £3.99. That's TotalBiscuit's Game of the Forever, that came to PC last month. Be warned though, if you determine the value of a game by how many hours you get out of it, you're headed for disappointment. You still probably won't get an hour a quid out of the game.

As an aside, I recently saw an interview with the game's director, saying that he thinks that the game is too long. I think it would be hilarious if they released a patch, trimming the game down further.

Lesser Hivemind Node TheDreamlord's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (Steam) is on GMG for £4.99. There's a 20 % off voucher as well, taking it down to £3.99. That's TotalBiscuit's Game of the Forever, that came to PC last month. Be warned though, if you determine the value of a game by how many hours you get out of it, you're headed for disappointment. You still probably won't get an hour a quid out of the game.

As an aside, I recently saw an interview with the game's director, saying that he thinks that the game is too long. I think it would be hilarious if they released a patch, trimming the game down further.
    Thank you!

Obscure Node
    Evil Genius is going for 4USD at GOG on their Rebelion promo.

Any good? Kind of looks like a re-skin of Dungeon Keeper.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnerMcCaffrey View Post
    Any good? Kind of looks like a re-skin of Dungeon Keeper.
    Atmosphere's great, and the basebuilding's fun, but the minion AI foibles and the sheer extent of enemy scaling end up making it a bit tedious. Trap combos are a great idea but because your minions will frequently patrol through locked doors and start fights within the detonation radius of traps, either they deactivate them, and thus they're useless, or they get caught in the trap, and thus they're worse than useless, and the whole thing just gets frustrating fast.

I wanted to love it, but it's too annoying. The main theme is magnificent, though.

No, really.

So... Both Brothers and Gunslinger sound great and are at a similar price. As I'm terribly indecisive sometimes, which one would you recommend me more? I know they are completely different and difficult to compare games, but it'd be great if you just told me which one you enjoyed more.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    I haven't played Brothers but CoJ: Gunslinger is darn tootin' fun. Highly recommended if you like the shootiest of shooters.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexClockwork View Post
    So... Both Brothers and Gunslinger sound great and are at a similar price. As I'm terribly indecisive sometimes, which one would you recommend me more? I know they are completely different and difficult to compare games, but it'd be great if you just told me which one you enjoyed more.
    I think it depends more on what sort of game you feel like playing first. One's a short, linear, very simple adventure game that's nonetheless very pretty, features some wonderful set-pieces and some of the best use of <Raphael>actual human emotions</Raphael> a videogame has ever managed. The other is a stripped-down, quick and dirty, very silly FPS-slash-shooting gallery, but one with some very satisfying gunplay, awesome-looking scenery, many more reasons to replay it and an entertaining, solidly implemented narrative conceit. As a game, I prefer Gunslinger; as an experience I prefer Brothers. YMMV, and so on.

Well, Gunslinger is slightly cheaper and sounds like it can provide more hours of gameplay, so Gunslinger it is, then. Thanks! ^^

50% off (€4.49) Raiden Legacy on FireFlower Games.
    Carefully selected DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and Linux for direct download - http://fireflowergames.com/
    At least half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Saints Row 4 for £19.99 (50% off) on Steam in the Deep Silver weekend sale. Older SR's also on sale for 75%.
    Steam : pngblackice
    Raptr : pngblackice

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Signs point to the game being playable and not having any glaring bugs, so it is at least on par with SR2: Reboot/Reloaded.

I think I'll wait until the Fall sale though. I dunno, there is just something that is really triggering my "They fucked up Space Rangers 2" sensors.
    For anyone wondering: I switched to the "Wait for a bundle and then allocate the moneys to the bundle site and/or charity" category due to the devs' (or at least their community manager's) treatment of customers.

In a nutshell: The Steam forums default to the Russian language boards and any english posts are shoved in the english subforum, often accompanied by mentions of how most of their users are Russian and they don't want English "littering" the board (their words, not mine). When brought up, there is no discussion and no rationale, just a closing and an ignoring of the issues raised (that, for one thing, when the game was only available in Russian all the users were Russian. Now that it is English, it appears to be closer to a 50/50 split. And that they could VERY easily resolve this either by working with Steam to get the region pick which subforum to direct to or just making both subforums and having a splash page everyone clicks on).

I know it is petty, but it annoys me that they want to treat so many of us like second class gamers when there are plenty of solutions (for one thing, most other steam forums have no issues with multiple languages on the same board...), and that, rather than consider, they just ignore the customers. So yeah.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    In fairness to the developers, almost every other game on earth does the same to non-English speakers - even games created by non-English speakers :)

The fact that Steam doesn't have a system for dealing with multi-language boards is fairly amazing in itself.

One thing which did unimpress me with this reboot is that they offered existing owners a discount for pre-order but they killed that on release - this hasn't pleased most of the existing owners as they 'intro discount' they claim replaced it is nowhere near as deep.

Overall I'm also in the 'wait and see' category - I didn't really need an 'HD' Space Rangers anyway, I think the old game's charms are as much in how it looks as how it plays.

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    In fairness to the developers, almost every other game on earth does the same to non-English speakers - even games created by non-English speakers :)

The fact that Steam doesn't have a system for dealing with multi-language boards is fairly amazing in itself.

One thing which did unimpress me with this reboot is that they offered existing owners a discount for pre-order but they killed that on release - this hasn't pleased most of the existing owners as they 'intro discount' they claim replaced it is nowhere near as deep.

Overall I'm also in the 'wait and see' category - I didn't really need an 'HD' Space Rangers anyway, I think the old game's charms are as much in how it looks as how it plays.
    I dunno. On publisher/dev forums it happens a lot, but the Steam forums, at least for most games I have ever checked out (and I DO play a lot of Eastern European in origin games) tend to just take the approach of "The customers are smart enough to understand there are multiple languages" and let it be a free-for-all. They don't say things like "We don't want language X littering our forum, please use the subforum"

And yeah, not offering the discount (even though I wouldn't qualify since I have SR2:Reboot on GoG) is another annoyance. Maybe I am making a mountain out of a molehill, but all of this just feels like a slap in the face to those of us who have been playing this since we bought it in the box with the funky CD cases and Starforce DRM.
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Every tried speaking a language other than English in a Steam Forum (or any forum - or an MMO!?)

You'd be surprised how quickly someone comes in screaming about how it's "rude" to speak a language other's don't speak - all we're seeing is Russian people doing the same to us really.

When I was a kid we were always being told we had to learn other languages because 'X was about to become the new International Language". It was Spanish for a while, then Russian - it's probably Chinese now :)

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Every tried speaking a language other than English in a Steam Forum (or any forum - or an MMO!?)

You'd be surprised how quickly someone comes in screaming about how it's "rude" to speak a language other's don't speak - all we're seeing is Russian people doing the same to us really.

When I was a kid we were always being told we had to learn other languages because 'X was about to become the new International Language". It was Spanish for a while, then Russian - it's probably Chinese now :)
    And when you have the assholes, it is annoying. But you don't "fix" that by artificially restricting things or saying "Yeah, most of our users are Russian so we don't want to litter our forums", even though that is just because it was only available in Russian for months prior (in fact, if you check, it is about evenly distributed after just two or three weeks). If you truly care (and I wish more devs would), you just point out that intolerance is not to be allowed. In a chatroom it is a bit awkward, but on forums it isn;t a problem in the slightest: If the font be squiggly, English speakers should avoid it. And so forth.

If I go to the actual CD Projekt forums, I'll expect to see people speaking polish. If I connect to Warface's super-booby edition, I expect everyone to speak Russian. If I use nuuvem, Brazilian. And so forth. This isn't the same thing at all as what you suggested. This is artificially saying "This is what we want from our community, and we are going to make some bullshit excuses as to why this isn't just flipping off our loyal supporters for the past few years".

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-MESSI...ight-and-magic
    Dark Messiah is 2 Euroquid on GamersGate, why don't YOU have it already? Yes, you!
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-MESSI...ight-and-magic
    Dark Messiah is 2 Euroquid on GamersGate, why don't YOU have it already? Yes, you!
    But I do! Why won't you leave me alone?!