Page 498 of 609 FirstFirst ... 398448488496497498499500508548598 ... LastLast
Results 9,941 to 9,960 of 12161

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vesuvius View Post
    It's not the new Humble Weekly- that's a Team17 bundle, which given how bad the Worms spin-offs have been, I'm going to skip.
    I got Worms Armageddon for $1 plus a bunch of free tat which I have yet to try, maybe it'll be entertaining, but... Worms Armageddon. Best Worms.

Just picked up Expeditions Conquistador for 4.79 at Gamefly. Code GFDNOV20UK for an additional 20% off. Steam code.

Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    Even if a sale started tomorrow, the GG website would be so messed up that you wouldn't know of it until the day after.
    It's actually on for a couple of days already and so far, it's working fine with daily deals and 6 hours flash deals.
    Worth mentioning is the current flash deal for Deus-ex HR DC + the older titles for 7.50$ (2 hours left).

Edit: Correction: It's 2 days left on the 6 hours flash sale. GG did not disappoint this time with something that works smoothly.

Edit 2: Damn you GG for confusing me on this lovely Saturday morning. The DXHRDC sale is actually over and is replaced with Metro: Last light for 13.60$
    Last edited by Avish; 02-11-2013 at 09:38 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Blackthorne is free on Windows for all Battle.net users.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/2/505...er-blackthorne

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    I just finished Bioshock: Infinite. Well, that ending was... something.

edit - no idea how this post ended up in this thread
    Last edited by Fumarole; 03-11-2013 at 08:23 PM.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by django View Post
    hi ive been a console gamer all my life and realy want to get into pc gaming is this a good pc and http://www.amazon.co.uk/VIBOX-Warrio...ibox+warrior+4 and do you think it will meet the requirements of games long in the future have not got a clue about pc gaming so any help will be much appreciated in other words is this a good investment for pc gaming in the long run
    Well, it doesn't include an operating system, so you'll need to either purchase a Windows license or go for Linux. Be advised that Linux is considered more complicated and doesn't support a lot of games. AMD processors are hungry things and tend to be outperformed by Intel chips, but I have no personal experience of them. What I do have personal experience of and wholeheartedly recommend is an SSD, which speeds up pretty much everything. They've fallen into really price worthy territory as of late. It doesn't include a blu-ray player, but you might not use that anyway. The GPU isn't top-of-the-line, but it'll get the job done for a while at least. I'll assume that you have a working monitor, etc.

We try to keep questions of this nature to the Tech Help sub-forum, btw. You'll find people there who are a lot more knowledgeable than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Moraven View Post
    Blackthorne is free on Windows for all Battle.net users.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/2/505...er-blackthorne
    Nice catch, Moraven. Thank you!
    Last edited by GunnerMcCaffrey; 03-11-2013 at 06:37 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Eight Rooks's Avatar
    While I'm not yet wowed by the game myself, and I know the deal has been mentioned previously, I just thought it might be worth another UK person (i.e. me) confirming the Lego Marvel Super Heroes deal at Nuuvem is still on and apparently working fine. Validated and fired up two weeks ahead of the official release with no problem. (I was a little nervous that my community pages suddenly refused to load once I quit out, but isitdownrightnow says that's not just me, apparently.)

Alpha Protocol is 90% off for the next four hours, putting it at €1.50. It's basically theft.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

What the fuck, Gamersgate is displaying pop-up ads now?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    What the fuck, Gamersgate is displaying pop-up ads now?
    Clear your cookies, they didnt pop up for me.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Clear your cookies, they didnt pop up for me.
    I got one too. It was an ad for a game on Gamersgate, not just some random ad.

Steam actually does the same thing when you boot it up...

Gurgle! The Next Big Thing on Amazon for just $2.49. Good for you EuroPointandClickyguys who took a trip to Alaska. How's Anchorage this time of the year anywayz?
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Anomaly 2 currently 50% off at $3.75 on Gamersgate. Says the list price is $7.50 which seems at odds with Steam and historical price at Gamersgate. Don't know for sure if it's an error or a discount on top of a substantial price drop.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-ANOMALY2/anomaly-2

UK Store (http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-ANOMALY2/anomaly-2) seems to be 11.99, so I'm guessing it may be a pricing error.

EDIT: Scratch that, was a pricing error - now back at $14.99 with no discount.
    Last edited by Thermal Ions; 04-11-2013 at 09:34 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Indaver View Post
    Steam actually does the same thing when you boot it up...
    It can be disabled in the options menu.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Command Ops Series From the 4th of November to the 10th of November.
    Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge for around 20 , addon Highway to the Reich for less than tenner.Cool.

GamersGate is having a Might and Magic Sale at the moment. They've got Heroes 6 for $7.50 USD. Has anyone here tried it? is it worth picking up at that price?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    GamersGate is having a Might and Magic Sale at the moment. They've got Heroes 6 for $7.50 USD. Has anyone here tried it? is it worth picking up at that price?
    Gameplay issues aside, the killer issue with M&M6 was that for a year-or-more after release, it did not support newer GPUs/would crash or hang or flicker with 6 series nVidia cards and some AMD cards.

That level of contempt for your customers isn't something you should reward. I believe it was 'fixed' when they released the last expandalone addon but some people claim it's still not perfect.

For eons, M&M6 carried a very specific list of GPUs they supported - I'd check to see if yours is on there before you even dream of buying it - there's a demo to try which has never been patched too, it tends to show-up the issues on the first or 2nd map...

Obscure Node
    The glitch in Ubi's servers might be regional so I don't know if it'll work for you guys, but at the moment the preorders of:

AssCreed IV

Watch Dogs

cost about 10 euro each if you use this link: http://shop.ubi.com/store?Action=Dis...oppingCartPage

You can knock off additional 10% by using the code 10thanks.

They might cancel these preorders but it's worth a shot I'd say.

Redirects to the local Australian store here, with the usual premium regional prices.