Page 499 of 602 FirstFirst ... 399449489497498499500501509549599 ... LastLast
Results 9,961 to 9,980 of 12040

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermal Ions View Post
    Redirects to the local Australian store here, with the usual premium regional prices.
    Same issue in the UK, damn, I'd be all over that (watch dogs).
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Obscure Node
    Same here - Germany

Obscure Node
    If I keep Javascript disabled using NoScript it lets me browse the Polish site. Didn't try to buy anything though. I'm in Finland.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Men of War is £3.24 on steam, I have been interested in this but is the base game the way to go? I am only really interested in single player.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Men of War is £3.24 on steam, I have been interested in this but is the base game the way to go? I am only really interested in single player.
    Check your PMs.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    What Fumarole said

Weekend deals @ FireFlower Games:

Driftmoon: 60% off

Millenium - A New Hope: 70% off
    Carefully selected DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and Linux for direct download - http://fireflowergames.com/
    At least half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Network Hub
    Does anyone know of any site that is selling the Slingshot DLC for xcom at a sensible price? Im ready for EW but id like to chuck slingshot in there as well to make the most of my new playthrough.

Edit: First post! Long time lurker though, so hi :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittens89 View Post
    Does anyone know of any site that is selling the Slingshot DLC for xcom at a sensible price? Im ready for EW but id like to chuck slingshot in there as well to make the most of my new playthrough.

Edit: First post! Long time lurker though, so hi :)
    The cheapest I can find is about $5.60 on Nuuvem, but it routinely falls to around $2 during sales. Steam's Black Friday sale is coming up, so you might save a little money if you wait.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Lewie has quit RPS... A sad day. I shall dedicate my next cut-price purchase to his fine RPS-based work.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    GoG is having a series of flash deals. The first was System Shock 2 for 2 bucks and now it is Don't Starve for 5. Probably not worth reporting on them individually, but keep an eye out

http://www.gog.com/

Basically they go until they "run out of stock" (I am not convinced the counter is accurate based on the behavior when refreshing and GoG's history of crap like this, but whatever).
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Well, in the digital realm, this is usually pretty rare. How do you run out of stock on digital games, short of entropy devouring the universe? Well, we have gotten 101 games that will be on sale on the front page ofGOG.com, but the discounts are so high at the moment that we can't just sell an unlimited number of copies of these games: we are only able to sell a few at these discounts--up to 80% off--and once they're gone, they're gone.

So what games will be on sale in our Insomnia promo? Bestselling classics and new games alike. There will also occasionally be some free games in super limited numbers (like, 20 or 30 copies)--if you're fast enough on the trigger finger to pick 'em up, that is. The deal will run from now until we're out of "stock" of games for the sale, and games may show up more than once.
    That's... weird. I feel like this is bad in some way, but I'm not sure.
    Last edited by LTK; 13-11-2013 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    That's... weird. I feel like this is bad in some way, but I'm not sure.
    Its your standard gog promo. Decent from a monetary standpoint, horrific from a PR/text standpoint, and just a whee bit shady. But hell, thats one of the things I love about gog. They (and CD Projekt as a whole) are like that cousin who you can always rely on to help you find that super popular holiday item so long as you don't ask questions :p
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    This sale is hilarious. I love watching the counter go down.

Edit: I missed Shelter for free while writing this lolol

In the 5 seconds it took me to decide whether I wanted to buy Nexus earlier, it had already sold out. Don't..... blink!

Jesus Christ. I saw Thief, already had it, didn't care. Saw my twitter tab flash, saw GoG announce it, looked back ,and it was down to ten copies.

And I was actually very surprised Nexus sold so fast. Was checking to see if I had it since it is one of those games that looks interesting but I am not sure when I'll have time, and it sold out by the time I got back to the homepage.

And apparently there have been a few free titles that disappear almost instantly, which makes me suspect that various people have written bots/scripts to grab the free title and pick up games that are under a certain price point for later reselling. Probably a bit of effort, but the GoG forums are pretty much non-stop gifting and what not so I am sure the people who know how to do it are already there.
    Last edited by gundato; 13-11-2013 at 06:37 PM.

I just saw Wing commander for free appear with only 4 copies left when the previous deal finished.

Yeah, I am now VERY convinced that there are people with scripts with the threshold at maybe 2 dollars or so. Lots of games that just aren't that popular are selling out instantly, and I don't think GoG is THAT popular.

I can report the same thing. Saw an Ultima for free, I had my mouse over the button when it appeared, and after I clicked it, it was already gone.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    One deal turned over, said 100 copies left and I clicked buy the instant it turned for me and it was expired. I think there is also problems with the rotate part and actually showing you the offer.

Its all round a bad idea for a sale imo. I don't mind flash sales, but not limited to copies on an online site.