Page 510 of 609 FirstFirst ... 10410460500508509510511512520560 ... LastLast
Results 10,181 to 10,200 of 12164

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    I'm curious about it but what I've read about it, didn't leave much room for hope. Given the wealth of excellent games you can get for that sum (or less), I'm surprised the price hasn't been slashed so far... I might still pick it up if/when it finally reaches super-duper bargain bin status.
    Not played it myself, but I heard it was light on content or something, may have read that here on RPS proper.

Quote Originally Posted by Moraven View Post
    Bullfrog bundle bargain on GoG.com today

http://www.gog.com/promo/collected_b...ter_promo_2013

Time to complete my set...

Does not include the recent release Theme Park.
    I think they made a 3D Theme Park game for PC also... I hope GOG releases that one sometime!

Ah yes it was this one!

http://www.amazon.com/Sim-Theme-Park-PC/dp/B00001IVB4

It is called Theme Park Roller Coaster on PS2, and on PC, and PS1 where it is much less pretty, it is called Sim Theme Park.
    Last edited by rockman29; 14-12-2013 at 12:35 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman29 View Post
    I think they made a 3D Theme Park game for PC also... I hope GOG releases that one sometime!

Ah yes it was this one!

It is called Theme Park Roller Coaster on PS2, and on PC, and PS1 where it is much less pretty, it is called Sim Theme Park.
    I remember that one fondly, but it may just be because it's the first sim game (aside from sim city) that I'd played. I don't know how it would compare to Roller Coaster Tycoon at this point.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Matrix Reloaded: Highway Chase - The Game.
    This, 1000 times. Also, with amazing music.

Driver San Fran is a must have.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Not played it myself, but I heard it was light on content or something, may have read that here on RPS proper.
    Lack of content can be addressed, it was more concerning how the whole game was criticized for being dull and uninspired, not being able to do much despite the interesting premise.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Looks like Eurogamer's having a Hearthstone key giveaway. You might get lucky there!

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    I remember that one fondly, but it may just be because it's the first sim game (aside from sim city) that I'd played. I don't know how it would compare to Roller Coaster Tycoon at this point.
    Compared to RCT it's basically garbage.... from like a sim and what you can do kind of thing.

But it's a fun cute game on it's own actually, I really loved it a lot. The game is really simple but fun.

The 3D art is really nice, and the track maker is really cool. You can ride your own tracks in the game. The characters are also rendered in full 3D which is really awesome.

Makes you wonder where the hell all these awesome games are nowadays, EA doesn't care about any game that makes less than cash monies than BF I guess.

RCT3 is also on GOG though, you can ride tracks and water slides and such in that one too. But I really don't know how the hell to play RCT3, the menus are so weird.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Compared to RCT it's basically garbage.... from like a sim and what you can do kind of thing.

But it's a fun cute game on it's own actually, I really loved it a lot. The game is really simple but fun.

The 3D art is really nice, and the track maker is really cool. You can ride your own tracks in the game. The characters are also rendered in full 3D which is really awesome.

Makes you wonder where the hell all these awesome games are nowadays, EA doesn't care about any game that makes less than cash monies than BF I guess.

RCT3 is also on GOG though, you can ride tracks and water slides and such in that one too. But I really don't know how the hell to play RCT3, the menus are so weird.
    I adore RCT3, mostly because of the ability to design and ride the rides. It's a weaker sim than 2, but more fun in a lot of other ways. The menus do take some getting used to, though, and the 3D terrain can be... quirky.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar

Ah yes it was this one!

Wasn't there something called Theme Park World as well? Don't remember if that was before or after Sim Theme Park.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by postinternetsyndrome View Post
    Wasn't there something called Theme Park World as well? Don't remember if that was before or after Sim Theme Park.
    There was, my brother had it on PS2 and loved it purely because you could ride your rollercoasters in first person.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Sim Theme Park is American for Theme Park World.

Also Race the Sun is half price on gog - http://www.gog.com/game/race_the_sun

It may get cheaper, but its a very good game, hard but fair, and more people should have bought it

The D&D pack is once again heavily discounted on GOG so if you are that one person who lived under a rock for the last 15 years and never played any of them, now is your chance.
    You want all of them, except for Dragonshard, which is awful, and, maybe, Demon Stone, which is weird.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

GetGames has many AssCreeds on sale today. Which of them are worth my money and time?
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    GetGames has many AssCreeds on sale today. Which of them are worth my money and time?
    I am probably going against common doctrine, but I'm really liking AssCreed 3. The main guy is abit boring, but the world imo is one of the best, because of the freedom and lack of buildings, which is strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    Sim Theme Park is American for Theme Park World.

Also Race the Sun is half price on gog - http://www.gog.com/game/race_the_sun

It may get cheaper, but its a very good game, hard but fair, and more people should have bought it
    Ah OK thanks.

The PS2 is a weird one, as I have the US/Canada version, and it has a different name from all the rest... very weird (Theme Park Roller Coaster)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    Have you played any of them?

I would recommend AC2 to anyone, it's a fun action adventure game with a decent story and some really nice cities to freerun around.

That said, I think AC1 is great too. It has some really annoying problems, but I think the assassinations and some of the city design makes up for that. It's not for everyone, and only if you can stomach a not small amount of repetition.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yeah, I'd say get AC2 at the very least and play it first. It's still beautiful, some of the characters are fun, and you get to parkour around florence and venice. Brotherhood might be slightly better, but you'd be a bit lost if you started with it, I feel.

Obscure Node
    Whilst AC Black Flag is a superb game, from that lot AC3 seems to be the best deal - especially the 'deluxe' version with the DLC included. Don't, for the love of all things holy, go for the original AC though - the guards chase you for going slightly quicker than walking pace on a horse. Awful.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    AssCreed2 is the best of the best.
    AssCreed1 is great if you can deal with minor flaws; and equals 2 in setting, atmosphere and non-retarded plot points.
    AssCreedBro gets too into side activities to the detriment of the main missions, but is still a good game.
    AssCreedRev and AssCreed3 are in my To Play list, although I rarely hear them described as better than 2 or Bro.

For combat though, Brotherhood is miles ahead of II, just for including kill streaks. They drastically cut down time spent in combat. III is OK, not brilliant, but I enjoyed the environment, much like Kiril over there. If you haven't played an AC game yet pick up II and Brotherhood, I'm sure the others will go on sale during the Steam Christmas Sale anyway if you want them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaje View Post
    Whilst AC Black Flag is a superb game, from that lot AC3 seems to be the best deal - especially the 'deluxe' version with the DLC included. Don't, for the love of all things holy, go for the original AC though - the guards chase you for going slightly quicker than walking pace on a horse. Awful.
    Booo! :(

I would say more,
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    AssCreed2 is the best of the best.
    AssCreed1 is great if you can deal with minor flaws; and equals or even surpasses 2 in setting, atmosphere and non-retarded plot points.
    AssCreedBro gets too into side activities to the detriment of the main missions, but is still a good game.
    AssCreedRev and AssCreed3 are in my To Play list, although I rarely hear them described as better than 2 or Bro.
    The first two games are unique, absolutely worth playing.
    Just how many games are set on the Middle East or Renaissance Italy? Even the third one (American Independence) is not very seen, and Black Flag puts every Pirates of the Caribbean game and several films to shame.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?