Page 52 of 542 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 10836

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by squareking View Post
    Still not a bad deal by any stretch.
    It is when you consider that there are better D&D games available for free.

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizardry View Post
    It is when you consider that there are better D&D games available for free.

Actually, GOG released The Temple of Elemental Evil.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by agentorange View Post
    Actually, GOG released The Temple of Elemental Evil.
    Well that's obvious considering it's part of the deal.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by icupnimpn2 View Post
    What, the two Dark Sun games? Let's never buy D&D games because the two free ones are satisfactory for all time.
    No. The second one is pretty shit (and buggy).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Good Old Games is running a promotion right now: the 6 millionth "unique" download (that is, not a re-download of an older title) will net its initiator the entire GoG catalogue (some 300+ games.) In addition, once that mythical 6 million mark is hit, everyone with a GoG account will be able to download Broken Sword: Director's Cut, entirely free of charge. I have no idea if this is going to be free indefinitely or only to current account holders, so if the prospect of missing out worries you, now would be a good time to sign up.

They've got a counter rolling up on the main page right now, maybe someone here will get it.

John Walker worked on that, so you know it's good!

From the relevant GOG page -

"When the counter on the main page of the website hits 6 million, two exciting things will happen. First off, the lucky user who downloaded our 6 millionth unique game will receive everything that's currently in the catalog, absolutely free! Secondly, everyone who has an account on GOG.com will be able to download Broken Sword: Shadow of The Templars Director’s Cut for free, thanks to Sir Charles Cecil and Revolution Software. The offer will be valid only for 48 hours starting from hitting the milestone, so be sure to check GOG regularly...."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    @Ignorant Texan:
    Ah, I got my info off The Escapist, didn't dig too deep. Thanks for clarifying!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Aww man, I've already got Broken Sword: SotT DC. Twice. Thrice if you count the iOS version.

Naval Warfare $2.50 on Beamdog this weekend. Sweet little top-down arcade shooter of the old school, certainly worth getting for that price and rather better (imo) than it's metacritic score would indicate. John W wrote about it here which is what made me get it from Steam.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I don't want to have to spin this off into a new thread, but if there's only one free D&D game why did you use the plural?
    Because the Dark Sun games aren't the only D&D games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    @icu

Err, Wizardry hasn't suggested anywhere that the first Dark Sun game is the only good D&D game available for free.
    @ icup Yep... You are making and burning your own pretend man of straw.

Wizardry, what are the good D&D games?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    "There is one good D&D game available for free"
    Who said this?

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Wizardry, what are the good D&D games?
    Gold Box series. Dark Sun: Shattered Lands. Then there's also the Icewind Dales, Baldur's Gates and Temple of Elemental Evil which are in that GOG.com deal.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    In an effort to get this thing back on track, I notice that Gamersgate has all the Gothics on sale for 50 - 75% off.

I also notice that Shrapnel is offering Dominions 3 for $6 off, which is not what I'd call a spectacular deal, but I'm surprised to see them offering ANY discount. I keep going back and forth on this one, mostly out of concerns about the AI being competitive. At this point it's got to be very mature code, anyone care to comment?
    Last edited by vinraith; 25-09-2011 at 04:22 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    There, I've cleaned up my posts on this topic. I thought it was unhelpful and outside the spirit of the thread for someone to recommend that people don't buy games at deep discounts because better games are available for free if you just go ahead and download them without paying for them. There really is no argument about the legality of abandonware.

Network Hub
    Wow, that's almost an entire page of comments irrelevant to the topic, nice work guys!

Back on topic, gamersgate has some decent deals on at the minute. Standout deals I guess would be The Guild complete (The Guild gold, II, Renaissance, Venice and Pirates of the European Sea) for £11.25 and Spellforce Universe (Spellforce platinum and 2 gold) for £4.49

Also, the original Painkiller is £2.25. Awesome fun and an absolute steal at that price!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Aren't most of the Guild games pretty much iterative expandalones (i.e. new setting, couple of new features and improvements but otherwise the same) anyway, though? Would probably make more sense to just buy the latest one (Renaissance), or your favourite setting.

That's what I'll be doing, anyway. Was always fond of the original, so Renaissance for £4.50 it is. Lovely.
    Last edited by Janek; 25-09-2011 at 01:08 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Amazon has Dracula Origin for $1 (+ shipping). No idea about the quality of the game, but it sure is cheap.

Also Dracula 3, which someone in another thread was talking positively about, is $5.

Probably UK only

28% off Serious Sam 3 pre-orders from getgamesgo.com using the voucher code EGROCKS

Its at £26.99 at the moment, bringing the post reduction price to £19.43.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Amazon's download of the week is Darkspore for $12 (NA only, I think.)

GamersGate has a funky sale that includes the intriguing precursors for $15. If you get it, be sure to get all the ancillary materials (Beamdog has a nice patch). It's actually quite good and strange.

Steam's deal of the day is the lovely Trine for $5.