Page 59 of 576 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159559 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 11517

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    So, so tempted.
    Gamersgate is Paradox's own distribution service, right?
    Paradox spun them off, but they still have very close ties. Gamersgate tends to get Paradox patches, new Paradox releases etc well before the other DD services.

Metro 2033 on Steam for 2.50 Euro.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Metro 2033 only on Steam for 2.50 Euro.
    Or 3. 74

I can't wait to see the horrific regional and disparity on the CoH sale this time.

Network Hub
    Red Faction Armageddon 4 please any more and I can't justify adding it to my backlog

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Paradox spun them off, but they still have very close ties. Gamersgate tends to get Paradox patches, new Paradox releases etc well before the other DD services.
    True in a lot of (edit: probably most actually) cases, but there are also some paradox games that use Steamworks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewie Procter View Post
    True in a lot of (edit: probably most actually) cases, but there are also some paradox games that use Steamworks.
    Good point, Lewie, although of course buying a Steamworks'd Paradox game through Gamersgate (like Magicka) just means you register it on Steam, so there's no advantage but also no harm. Other than Magicka, are there any other Steamworks Pdox games? I'm coming up empty, but may have forgotten something.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Good point, Lewie, although of course buying a Steamworks'd Paradox game through Gamersgate (like Magicka) just means you register it on Steam, so there's no advantage but also no harm. Other than Magicka, are there any other Steamworks Pdox games? I'm coming up empty, but may have forgotten something.
    Lead & Gold.

Those were the two I was thinking of.

Quote Originally Posted by UnravThreads View Post
    Lead & Gold.
    Ah, I'd totally forgotten that was a Paradox-published game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I'm gonna say this now in anticipation of when it inevitably get its own daily sale.

Darksiders is an absolutely fantastic game that mimics the style of Zelda, but with a deeper (and better) combat system that, whilst not as deep as other games that clearly inspired it (such as God of War) gives it an undeniably varied combat system that allows you to play it as simply or as in deep as you want. It has a great art direction, a pretty passable story and is generally very good. It's not without its flaws, such as a difficult final dungeon, some iffy platforming sections at times and a level of derivativeness that may be irksome, although is more arguably used well, but unquestionably these are out-weighed by its goodness. This is the best Zelda game that isn't Zelda (and in some cases, is better than).

I really, really recommend it for people who are a fan of the action-adventure genre. Based on past sales, it'll probably be 5, which is so cheap compared to the value you can get out of it.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Darksiders ...
    I got this for free with my current CPU. I only played till halfway through the first "dungeon", simply because I had more interesting things on my plate, but it seemed decent enough. I'll have to go back to it someday.

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Darksiders...
    Absolutely agree, it's a quality title and got overlooked by a lot of people. I got it for a bargain 5 on a steam sale and it's provided a heck of a lot of entertainment for the money.
    Steam ID
    Origin: RamboJ3sus

I always end up wanting Darksiders whenever I hear people talk about it (especially the Zelda comparisons) but then get turned off from it when I watch gameplay videos, see screenshots etc in which it seems more like a linear hack and slash thing with dull visuals.

Something to watch out for when it gets its -75% sale, I suppose.
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Darksiders' world is split between the more linear bridges between story sections (preludes to and actual dungeons). The dungeons have smaller amounts of combat. Further into the game, you gain access to something that increases your movement speed (this is pretty obvious, but hey, don't wanna give away what is a great introduction) and eventually instant-transport to different areas. Combat rarely feels dull though because as you go along you gain access to things that make you more powerful, face more powerful enemies and can mix it up quite a bit anyhow. The combat is pretty satisfying in doing a good meeting point between real action fighting games (such as Devil May Cry) and the more simplistic battle systems (ie. Zelda).