Page 70 of 541 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 10817

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    How is $12.50 for an in-depth strategy game not competitively priced? I agree with him about the devaluation of indie games if that kind of attitude is common. It might be more expensive than some other games, but compared to the prices of games in general and specifically the prices of similar games, it's a great deal. And a great game.

I'd like to know what people think of Six Gun Saga. I'll try the demo of course, but other opinions help.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Seems I edited before you hit quote eh?
    No, I am just unable to read at this time of night (read it as 'but is $50 more').

Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    I'd like to know what people think of Six Gun Saga.
    I'm semi-intrigued as well, although iirc isn't that one SP only?

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    I'm really interested in Solinium Infernum after reading the RPS diaries of their game, but I'm not sure how much multi I'll play...

I'm guessing it's play-by-correspondence style? So it doesn't matter if everyone isn't online at the same time?

How are the other 2 games? I've not heard much of them.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

There's plenty of SI players here. Any games starting usually gather 6 players soon enough.

Armageddon Empires is a straight war game (compared to SI), single player only. You build a deck of cards that are used to construct bases and deploy units in game, and try to wipe out the enemy players. There's 4 distinct factions, a large variety of units with different abilities, and lots of independent forces and random event type things scattered around the map. The AI is fairly strong but not without its flaws. I like it, try the demo.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    I think Six Gun Saga is a lot of fun, for what that's worth. It's quick to play, clever, executes its theme well, and has some real depth. The AI is at least decent (I'm not good enough at the game to say anything beyond that). The only thing I'd criticize is that I wish combat executed the "poker" idea in a more substantial way. As it is, you don't really play poker, it's just a die roll with cards.

I think I'm mostly interested in SI and AE, so I'm downloading the demos now. As for SI, as long as there are a couple of games I can join with RPS people I think it'll be worth the $12.50 it'll cost me.

Also, if anyone has their eye on a GMG title, I saw this at Kotak(a)u: Green Man Gaming 10% off code – GMG10-PERCE-NTOFF
    Personally I'm hoping GMG gets Saints Row the Third for preorder and a decent coupon...

Thank you, kind sir. Looks like that will be a big help. I suppose SI plays quite similarly, so it should help with that too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    How is $12.50 for an in-depth strategy game not competitively priced? I agree with him about the devaluation of indie games if that kind of attitude is common.
    Indie games? I don't discriminate, $12.50 (or ~8 I guess) is an amount I rarely need to spend on an individual game (or even bundles), now I am a year behind (if that) but I get to consume obscene swathes of games without bankruptcy.

I'm backlogged to high heaven and I'm cynical enough to ignore the hype machine by default, I'm a blight on gaming am-I-not?

Does anyone know if the version of VtMB on Impulse is compatibible with the unofficial patch? Almost 4 (four) of my shiny euro depend on this answer.

P.

Network Hub
    Steam Halloween Sale

Featuring, Dead Island (50% Off - now 20), Zombie Driver (75% off, now 1.75) and Railworks 3: Trains vs. Zombies. Wait... what!?

Some interesting stuff in that Halloween sale.

Amnesia for 3 euro is an insanely good bargain.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Estel View Post
    Exactly what I thought; I'm not into the niche audience of train simulators, yet I'm still tempted to buy it, just to see what the hell it's about.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I'm backlogged to high heaven and I'm cynical enough to ignore the hype machine by default, I'm a blight on gaming am-I-not?
    Sorry, I didn't mean to attack you personally, more express general exasperation. Maybe in a year or two Vic will try a bargain bin sale to see how it works out, SI will probably still have active players then. In the meantime, it's an excellent price for anyone interested in devious multiplayer strategy.

Obscure Node
    Having never played F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Terraria, or Amnesia, this is a pretty awesome sale. I've also been wanting to play Cthulhu Saves the World. And just when I was thinking I had been doing well on extraneous game expenditures, Steam figures out another way to take my monies. Damn you Steam, DAMN YOU!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I don't see how anyone can justify not getting Breath of Death VII+Cthulhu Saves the World at that price. The gameplay itself is a little bland, but the writing is excellent and worth the dollar alone.

If you liked Amnesia, Penumbra is along the same lines and at $5 for the game and both expansions is a steal.
    Last edited by sabrage; 27-10-2011 at 10:12 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Steam Halloween Sale

Featuring, Dead Island (50% Off - now 20), Zombie Driver (75% off, now 1.75) and Railworks 3: Trains vs. Zombies. Wait... what!?
    Dead Island only showing 25% for me ... :/

Saint's Row: The Third is currently $40 to preorder on Amazon for a Steam key (it's a steamworks game, and also an in-house port).

What's the word on Ghostbusters: The Video Game? Pretty cheap for $2.50. Also the Dead Space pack seems quite interesting, but the games might be too scary too play. Wonder if new items will appear in the sale, any ideas? Was hopping for Costume Quest

Quote Originally Posted by sopabuena View Post
    Also the Dead Space pack seems quite interesting, but the games might be too scary too play.
    I'm awful with scary games, but I still played, finished and enjoyed the first Dead Space (haven't tried the 2nd, though I've heard good things). It's definitely scariest at the beginning, but you start to feel more confident as you get armour and weapon upgrades.

What's the general consensus on Left 4 Dead 1 vs 2? And any Aussies know if 2 is still censored? Played the censored demo on 360 and the graphics looked awful, but I don't know how much of that was the console and how much was the lack of gorey detail making it look bland.