Page 558 of 594 FirstFirst ... 58458508548556557558559560568 ... LastLast
Results 11,141 to 11,160 of 11863

Thread: PC Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Its also in a $2 price point in a bundle http://www.bundlecentral.com/ for 3 days.
    That reminds me: the E:C devs put an announcement about it on their Steam page, so I suppose it must be legit.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    UPlay (yes that) has a sale on - 2 notables in today's batch are

Anno 2070 Complete Edition - 5
    http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en...mplete-Edition

Batman Arcane Oranges Black2.5dgate - 3.75
    http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en...e-Edition.html

Of course it's on UPlay which won't cheer anyone - but the Anno 2070 deal is unrivalled to date

Ubishop support is worthless. I recommend avoiding their store like the plague.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobtree View Post
    Ubishop support is worthless. I recommend avoiding their store like the plague.
    Oh, we've covered that one many times now - but if you want to play Anno 2070, you have to run the gamut of UPlay whether you like it or not - so the additional kicking-and-punching to BUY it that way is probably not much more grey-hair...

Buying a non-UPlay game through UPlay would be like braving the Hunger Games when you're not hungry tho ;0

For any folks in the UK looking for CoD ghosts, it's avaliable from Asda for under 9. On a disk for you to either get it delivered or pick up via click and collect. cheapest you'll see it for a long while no doubt.

Obscure Node
    For anyone else that didn't have The Witcher 1, and wants it for the discount towards Witcher 3:
    http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-WITCHER...-directors-cut
    http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-WITCH...-directors-cut
    You can activate the key on gog.com and you get to save 3€ on Witcher 3 by paying 2€ for Witcher 1. I don't know if it works out in GBP.

Steam have the WarGame: series on sale this weekend, for someone who likes strategy games but is unlikely to try the multi-player, which one should I get (if any)?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    Steam have the WarGame: series on sale this weekend, for someone who likes strategy games but is unlikely to try the multi-player, which one should I get (if any)?

Airland Battle has some brilliant single player dynamic campaigns. Red Dragon supposedly dropped the ball a bit on that front, and EE was a purely linear affair, so I'd say for SP purposes Airland Battle is the way to go.

Shadowrun Returns is currently available for €3,99 at the Humble Store. I remember that it had no quick save when it was released, which is why I skipped it. I'm digging around in recent patch notes and it seems they added said functionality recently.
    Is this correct? I'd hate to play an isometric RPG without quick save.

Thanks Vinraith.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eRa View Post
    Shadowrun Returns is currently available for €3,99 at the Humble Store. I remember that it had no quick save when it was released, which is why I skipped it. I'm digging around in recent patch notes and it seems they added said functionality recently.
    Is this correct? I'd hate to play an isometric RPG without quick save.
    It was added in a patch, and I believe the original campaign now supports it.

That being said: There were only one or two fights where I felt that I would have wanted quick save, and those weren't because they were long grueling gauntlets but just because they were The Boss Fights. It was stupid to not have the functionality, but the game didn't need it and was built around frequent checkpoints and the like.

The original campaign is quite fun. Not amazing, but really well done for what it is. And I really need to get around to playing the expansion
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

I was considering buying Shadowrun Returns, but I vaguely recall someone saying that there might be a GotY version coming out at some point with all the DLC included which has prevented me going for the regular version. Although, at this price there is hardly any risk involved, I suppose.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiz View Post
    I was considering buying Shadowrun Returns, but I vaguely recall someone saying that there might be a GotY version coming out at some point with all the DLC included which has prevented me going for the regular version. Although, at this price there is hardly any risk involved, I suppose.
    There's DLC for shadowrun returns?

Might have worded that imprecisely, but aren't there expansions both released and coming up?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiz View Post
    Might have worded that imprecisely, but aren't there expansions both released and coming up?
    Ah, right, like a complete edition, I get you. It's possible, but I wouldn't be sure, because the only 'expansion' content for shadowrun so far was standalone - a bundle will probably be along at some stage, of course, but I have no idea if it might be imminent or not.

EDIT: a check actually corrects me, it's not standalone.
    Last edited by Serenegoose; 15-06-2014 at 05:11 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Harebrained schemes is hiring writers for a new expansion, so I wouldn't be surprised if they had a team that pumped out campaigns with fair regularity. It might be awhile before there's a collection.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    The original campaign is quite fun. Not amazing, but really well done for what it is. And I really need to get around to playing the expansion
    The expansion surpasses the original in every way. Very few of the complaints about the original (fan-service characters, linearity, yes or yes questions, useless skills, saving) went unaddressed in Dragonfall. It's not perfect and it's not huge but it is absolutely, 100% worth playing.
    Last edited by Internet; 15-06-2014 at 02:37 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    There's DLC for shadowrun returns?
    Yes there it - Dragonfall requires the original to play so it's 'DLC' in my book - the Skyrim 'expansion' are counted as DLC so...

The difference between an 'expansion' and 'DLC' may be grey but I can't really see how this wouldn't qualify myself

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    The expansion surpasses the original in every way. Very few of the complaints about the original (fan-service characters, linearity, yes or yes questions, useless skills, saving) went unaddressed in Dragonfall. It's not perfect and it's not huge but it is absolutely, 100% worth playing.
    The original campaign was a complete mess for me. Dragonfall? I enjoyed a whole lot. The best part about it is how it actually focussed on characters for your team. You weren't just playing a loner hiring other runners that never interacted with you past "boom boom bang" but instead a nearly fixed team of shadowrunners, each with their own story and character development. You know, that part that actually defines Shadowrun as something worthwhile.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theForged View Post
    The original campaign was a complete mess for me. Dragonfall? I enjoyed a whole lot. The best part about it is how it actually focussed on characters for your team. You weren't just playing a loner hiring other runners that never interacted with you past "boom boom bang" but instead a nearly fixed team of shadowrunners, each with their own story and character development. You know, that part that actually defines Shadowrun as something worthwhile.
    Yeah, I have heard nothing but good things, but I just can't think of what character to roll basically.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Yes it's a flash deal, but the new Shadow Warrior is on GOG for $7.99 at the moment, which translated to 4.86 for me i.e. a stonking deal.

... but only for the next 26 minutes.