Page 570 of 594 FirstFirst ... 70470520560568569570571572580 ... LastLast
Results 11,381 to 11,400 of 11863

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    The HD update of Space Rangers is in Steam's weekly sale - 75% off is 3.99 in the UK

http://store.steampowered.com/app/214730/

I know little of the 'HD' bit but the original game is considered highly by many people? :)

p.s. I believe all they did is add 'pirate' to races and more resolution support, all the lovely glitches of the original are still present and correct I assume?
    SR2 is one of my favorite games of all time. From what I understand they fixed some bugs, added in more bugs, but at least the movies are likely to play this time (rather than being a crapshoot like in the previous SR2 releases) and this includes the expansion packs that were only available in Russia.

The devs/publisher are kind of assholes (they go out of their way to make everyone outside of Eastern Europe feel like second class citizens), but for 5 bucks I can't resist.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    They released this a few times, the last one before this was called Reboot did include the expansion, but wasn't HD. HD is the ultimate version and it's worth experiencing in some forms in your life. Self motivated NPC's, exceptionally unique puzzles(while professor layton has you fiddling with matches again), meaningful strategic layer, deep and flexible ship customisation.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Just don't do the RTS missions.

Network Hub
    Nuuvem has Warlock 2 for 6, or about 12 if you want the fancy edition, it's Steamworks and as far I know there is no region-specific stuff for this game, and Nuuvem doesn't mention it either. You can also get the first game and DLC cheap as chips too, starting from 2.10 for the base edition and no DLC. Majesty 1 and 2 are on sale as well, although only 2 has Steamworks DRM for it.

Kingdom Rush is the daily deal on the Humble site at 1.49. Cheapest it's ever been I think. I know it gets a lot of love on here from some people so decided to go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
    Kingdom Rush is the daily deal on the Humble site at 1.49. Cheapest it's ever been I think. I know it gets a lot of love on here from some people so decided to go for it.
    I'm terrible at this game. It's a really smart game, it looks like it's casual as hell but it's quite elegant.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I'm terrible at this game. It's a really smart game, it looks like it's casual as hell but it's quite elegant.
    What is it?

I was talking about Kingdom Rush from the previous post, sorry that was kinda vague.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I was talking about Kingdom Rush from the previous post, sorry that was kinda vague.
    Sorry, wasn't clear, I meant what's Kingdom Rush? I've managed to never hear of this.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Sorry, wasn't clear, I meant what's Kingdom Rush? I've managed to never hear of this.
    Tower defense. Like Helio says, it looks like a very casual type of thing, but it's actually pretty hard. I've finished it, but there are still levels I have no idea how to do perfectly. I'm sure it's possible, I just don't know how.

Oh, it's a 'typical' pre-pathed, limited slots, tower defence. It has literally four towers with divergent upgrades and a range of heroes you can take one of. But it's elegant and it clicks together nicely, sure it's a bit rehearsed in its lack of choice on one level but all tower defence games are unless you break the level in ways the developer didn't plan. Only Orcs Must Die has managed to subvert that with combos and kill streak chasing.
    It's purity turns proper use of your 2 powers into a tactical joy that clicking on sun blobs on plants vs zombies never had.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    To expand a little, you have four tower types. Each gets upgraded to level 3, and to upgrade it again you have to choose between two different types. Each of these types has three different upgrades you can buy levels for. This means, at any given moment, you have quite a lot of different things you can be spending money on. It's clear what each upgrade will do for you, but getting the things you need in the right order is tricky.

To keep you a little more engaged you have a couple of abilities you that operate on a cooldown. One drops some fireballs on a single spot on the map, but the other is more interesting- a couple of little fighters are dropped on the path, and they'll fight anything that happens along for a time. Rather than having towers slow down creeps directly you have towers that produce melee chaps to hold the enemy up, so being able to drop these anywhere, on quite a short cooldown, keeps you engaged.'

It's a plain old tower defense game, but it's polished, well designed and satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by Firewhisper View Post
    Nuuvem has Warlock 2 for 6, or about 12 if you want the fancy edition, it's Steamworks and as far I know there is no region-specific stuff for this game, and Nuuvem doesn't mention it either. You can also get the first game and DLC cheap as chips too, starting from 2.10 for the base edition and no DLC. Majesty 1 and 2 are on sale as well, although only 2 has Steamworks DRM for it.
    Nuuvem is usually very good at saying if something's not available in your region.
    Steam : pngblackice
    Raptr : pngblackice

Network Hub
    Which Kingdom Rush is better (on Android) ? The regular of Frontiers ?

Frontiers was always billed as being an expansion of sorts. I'm not sure what's better.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Frontiers is more of the same. Same basic towers, but whole new set of top-level upgrades. I think the hero character you get in Frontiers is new. Your hero is a unit on the battlefield with a set of abilities. They get experience and level up so you can spend points upgrading the abilities- the usual fare, but it's a nice twist for tower defense. There are a ton of heroes, but most of them are behind microtransactions.

Kingdom Rush was originally on some flash portal, or I remember wrong?
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Massive off topic here

Quote Originally Posted by Challenger2uk View Post
    Massive off topic here
    We are talking about a game that's on sale, this is a good day!

It's a sad state of affairs when people will play impromptu mod to raise their post count. Replying to myself (I talk to myself a lot, if you must know), it was indeed originally on Armor Games as Wikipedia confirmed.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"