Page 574 of 586 FirstFirst ... 74474524564572573574575576584 ... LastLast
Results 11,461 to 11,480 of 11714

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Not sure if it's been mentioned - but there's a limited (until Aug 10) offer on Trion's Trove (Cube World-alike voxel RPG), in that supporting any of their tiers gives you instant Alpha access (cheapest is $5/£3.99)

Alpha access used-to-be £30+ - came down to £15 recently - this is the first time alpha access has been on all tiers and as you're supporting, you get the new class and some credits and other stuff you don't get from a 'free' Alpha key(*)

(*) these appear at various sites from time-to-time and you can sign-up to go into a lottery for one.

I've played this a fair bit on a free key - I paid-up for the extras instantly - it's quite fun ;0

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Bundlestars have Shadowrun Online for 67% making it €9.99 - http://www.bundlestars.com/store/shadowrun-online/

Has anyone played it? Whats it like? I am interested in it, but not sure if I should just wait for the beta at least?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Gfwl multiplayer game? Err... NO! The service could be gone any day and the community probably died a long time ago.

Edit: I consider trying to sell shadowrun online now a near criminal act of fraud and deception.

Edit 2: Ooh, I assumed it meant this http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shado...07_video_game)
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 09-08-2014 at 02:13 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    That was quite an assumption ;0

That was the 'only works on Windows Vista' game - which killed it stone-dead IIRC?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    For the record I was asking about the Steam Early Access Turn Based Online RPG.

Network Hub
    SpecOps: TL is on Steam sale for 4 euro moneis. I'm tempted to see what the fuss about the story is all about. But I didn't like the game part of the game when I tried the demo. What do you think, Internet?

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DanMan View Post
    SpecOps: TL is on Steam sale for 4 euro moneis. I'm tempted to see what the fuss about the story is all about. But I didn't like the game part of the game when I tried the demo. What do you think, Internet?
    The "gameplay" is a bit lackluster to be sure, which is a pity - or part of the point, depending on who you ask. If you're interested in Big Thoughts about the medium then I'd say it's worth plowing through even if you find the combat uninteresting (I did), but if you are actively disgusted by it... well, it stays the same throughout the game.

I thought it was worth the time in spite of the boring combat, so make of that what you will.

There seems to be a good deal for anybody who wants to try out Star Wars the old republic mmorpg subscription for cheap - £4
    https://www.g2a.com/weeklysale

Could be sold out by now though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    SWtOR is free to play.
    https://account.swtor.com/play-free
    SALE COCKBLOCKED
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

I know it is but If u want to try the subscription for 30 days and try out all the classes.. u wont find it cheaper as its usually round the 8 pound mark.

Hum. I'm quite unsure whether to buy Saints Row IV in the sale. I already played a lot (A LOT) of it during the free weekend, and I loved it, but I'm not sure about how much more I can get out of it. So... How much content do the DLCs include? Is it good? And the side missions? And last but not least... Do you think it'll get cheaper soon? I know it's hard to know, but guesses will be appreciated. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by DanMan View Post
    I enjoyed it a lot, for that price it's definitely worth picking up.
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    Bundlestars have Shadowrun Online for 67% making it €9.99 - http://www.bundlestars.com/store/shadowrun-online/

Has anyone played it? Whats it like? I am interested in it, but not sure if I should just wait for the beta at least?
    Based on the Impressions from RPS it's a no-go
    Mijn Uitlaatklep - My (Dutch) blog about games, music and more

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Lots of interesting stuff on Steam's weekly deals:

- The early King's Bounty games are on sale for the umpteenth time, but if there's anyone here who doesn't own them yet, get Crossworlds (it's the original plus the first expansion, Armored Princess);

- Waking Mars, one of the best exploration/puzzle games around;

- Tales of Maj'eyal (also known as TOME4), one of the best roguelike games around, with an easy interface;

- Last but not least, For the Glory, a sentimental favorite of mine. It's more or less like Europa Universalis 2.5 - a modded version of EU2, and if you've only played EU3 or EU4, it's a very different game, much more deterministic when it comes to historical choices, but, for that same reason, a much better educational game than the later versions. I recommend it heartily for people who want to learn a bit more about history.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Worth noting that King's Bounty: Warriors of the North seems cheaper here than it's ever been anywhere.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    Worth noting that King's Bounty: Warriors of the North seems cheaper here than it's ever been anywhere.
    Yeah, I was tempted, but a lot of Steam reviews mention that the game seems to be pretty buggy, and there has been very little support for it.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    Lots of interesting stuff on Steam's weekly deals:

- The early King's Bounty games are on sale for the umpteenth time, but if there's anyone here who doesn't own them yet, get Crossworlds (it's the original plus the first expansion, Armored Princess);
    Actually, Crossworlds is a rebalanced version of Armored Princess + a mini expansion and it does not contain the first game in any form.

Quote Originally Posted by badseed View Post
    Actually, Crossworlds is a rebalanced version of Armored Princess + a mini expansion and it does not contain the first game in any form.
    Oops, sorry. It has been a while.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Kings Bounty Warriors of the North is more of the same King's Bounty. They introduced a few new mechanics, but they're largely inconsequential. There's tons of asset reuse, but they're good assets to reuse.

The problem I have with it is that they do a bunch of pointless bossfights, and I hate bossfights in kings bounty. Who likes losing half of their irreplaceable and meticulously crafted army? It also commits the to me mortal sin of killing everyone in your party more than once, and doing those stupid impossible to win fights that look like a normal fight.

Besides that, you get stat-capped in and find most spells about 2/3 of the way through the game, so the battles start to drag out as each enemy stack grows into the hundreds. The game follows the bumping up the health of the enemy is the same thing as increasing the difficulty philosophy. It's not kind to mages, or to people who play conservatively with the lives of their units. Builds are less consequential than in the previous games though, because you are showered with so many runes that it gets hard to spend them.

All in all, a complete lack of focus on top of a very good system makes a mediocre to decent game.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    Yeah, I was tempted, but a lot of Steam reviews mention that the game seems to be pretty buggy, and there has been very little support for it.
    I can't remember if it was buggy, there was bugs but I played closer to release. Its more Kings Bounty, but I found the setting very boring.