Page 575 of 594 FirstFirst ... 75475525565573574575576577585 ... LastLast
Results 11,481 to 11,500 of 11865

Thread: PC Bargains

GDC EU/Gamescom promotion at FireFlower Games. Up to 70% off games like 1Quest, Driftmoon, Dustforce, Questrun, Seduce Me, Starpoint Gemini Gold, Super Panda Adventures and more.
    Carefully selected DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and Linux for direct download - http://fireflowergames.com/
    At least half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    $5.75 for everything Orcs Must die *crowd cheers*, and Hero Academy*crowd whoops* and Echo Prime *crickets sing*
    http://www.indieammobox.com/
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Network Hub
    To the Moon is £1.19 on the Humble Store, with 20 hours to go. Just picked it up for myself, as I've not yet played it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mittens89 View Post
    To the Moon is £1.19 on the Humble Store, with 20 hours to go. Just picked it up for myself, as I've not yet played it.
    Prepare tissues.

Lesser Hivemind Node TheDreamlord's Avatar
    The only game that made me cry. It was wonderful.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    New Star Soccer 5, which is a rather charming (if somewhat flawed) football RPG/action hybrid, is 93% off at Bundlestars. That's 1 dollar.

GMG continue their "50 Games You Must Play" series of bargains. Some of these games are alright, I suppose.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    A possible heads up that there might be something wrong with the "GOTY Edition" Bundle Stars are selling for Cognition, if anyone else is actually interested. Just tried the key and it didn't give me any errors, but it didn't add Episode 4 either. Then I tried it again and it said I already owned the game (not that the key had already been redeemed, mind), but it still wouldn't add Episode 4. I've sent them a ticket and posted on the Steam forums, but I suspect they're just selling Episode 1 bundled with the first soundtrack and calling it the GOTY edition (Steam clearly says it's supposed to have the complete season).

EDIT: Eh, no, my mistake, game's just weird. Seems Episode 4 isn't listed as DLC at all, for some reason. I installed it anyway and it allowed me to start from that point, but there was still nothing in the Steam menu.
    Last edited by Eight Rooks; 15-08-2014 at 02:38 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar is 80%!!!!!!!!! off - €6 on Steam today - http://store.steampowered.com/app/227060/

Any reason its that cheap? Its just out a few months, seems very quick for such a big sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    Any reason its that cheap? Its just out a few months, seems very quick for such a big sale.
    Is their any reason it costs to much? Clearly the game failed to break into the mainstream and Rome 2 sits there being beautiful (if stupid).

Is it any good?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rsherhod View Post
    Is it any good?
    The Three Moves Ahead guys seem to dig it.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar is 80%!!!!!!!!! off - €6 on Steam today - http://store.steampowered.com/app/227060/

Dammit, that's really sad to see. The Hegemony series are great games, but those insipid Total War games seem to suck up all the oxygen in this particular strategy space.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    pop history and high production values are hard to compete with, in that subgenre. Two questions though. Is it fully realtime, like a paradox game, or a hybrid? 2nd, can you actually play as the various gallic tribes, or is it just rome?

Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    pop history and high production values are hard to compete with, in that subgenre. Two questions though. Is it fully realtime, like a paradox game, or a hybrid? 2nd, can you actually play as the various gallic tribes, or is it just rome?
    Fully real time (with ability to pause and issue orders), but Paradox would be a bad comparison because Hegemony gives you drastically more control over your units, and is much more interested in military tactics (and less in empire management) than Pdox games. It's a difference of zoom level, basically. Pdox games are very zoomed out, Hegemony takes a much closer view of a much smaller area. It's also got a very strong focus on logistics and supply, which is something I always appreciate in a wargame.

You can play as any faction in the game (or nearly so) in the Sandbox mode. There are four non-sandbox campaigns (though they're still quite open in how you approach them) based on Caesar's journals from the Gallic campaigns which are the "main game mode" and there you can only play Rome.

I note with disappointment that Hegemony Rome lacks a demo (I'm sure that's doing nothing to help them), but if you want to get a feel for the basics of the gameplay and structure its predecessor, Hegemony Wars in Ancient Greence does have a demo. Rome is prettier and polished up in some ways, but both games are structured similarly.
    Last edited by vinraith; 15-08-2014 at 11:39 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Fully real time (with ability to pause and issue orders), but Paradox would be a bad comparison because Hegemony gives you drastically more control over your units, and is much more interested in military tactics (and less in empire management) than Pdox games. It's a difference of zoom level, basically. Pdox games are very zoomed out, Hegemony takes a much closer view of a much smaller area. It's also got a very strong focus on logistics and supply, which is something I always appreciate in a wargame.

You can play as any faction in the game (or nearly so) in the Sandbox mode. There are four non-sandbox campaigns (though they're still quite open in how you approach them) based on Caesar's journals from the Gallic campaigns which are the "main game mode" and there you can only play Rome.

I note with disappointment that Hegemony Rome lacks a demo (I'm sure that's doing nothing to help them), but if you want to get a feel for the basics of the gameplay and structure its predecessor, Hegemony Wars in Ancient Greence does have a demo. Rome is prettier and polished up in some ways, but both games are structured similarly.
    Eh, for the price, I'll take a gamble. Sounds like my kind of game.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Eh, for the price, I'll take a gamble. Sounds like my kind of game.
    I hope you like it. If you find you do, you may want to look at Wars in Ancient Greece anyway. Unlike Rome it covers a historical period that no other game seems interested in: the Peloponnesian War and the campaigns of Phillip of Macedon to unify Greece (which in turn allowed Alexander to do his thing when his father died).
    Last edited by vinraith; 15-08-2014 at 11:57 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I hope you like it. If you find you do, you may want to look at Wars in Ancient Greece anyway. Unlike Rome it covers a historical period that no other game seems interested in: the Peloponnesian War and the campaigns of Phillip of Macedon to unify Greece (which in turn allowed Alexander to do his thing when his father died).
    I have a copy of The Peloponnesian War laying around somewhere so that's definitely a time period that catches my interest. Almost completely unrelatedly, wasn't the original age of empires like the only other game actually set there? I could've sworn it was all about the athens v sparta showdown. Given how classically iconic that is, it is quite bizarre fewer games bother with it.

FWIW I played the old Hegemony demo and it looked like a pretty unique and interesting title compared to most other strategy games I've been exposed to (which is not saying much, but...)
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

I barely played AoE1, and the little bit I did play was more "prehistory" than that, but I really don't know. It is very strange that it's such an untreated era, there's so much capacity for great gaming (and great story generation) in that conflict.