Page 116 of 542 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 10828

Thread: PC Bargains

Just a reminder -- you'll need a holiday promo code to take advantage of those after coupon deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    We have most of a day left to buy it, I would value any opinions. Notes, I liked fear 1 but got bored, I felt fear 2 had better atmosphere but eventually got confused towards the end, I combat felt a touch naff too.
    Unfortunately upon starting Fear 3 my whole computer crashed and doesn't start anymore. No, really. It's not because of Fear3 but I guess my video card finally gave in with that heavy fan I installed that has bent it for 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Miker View Post
    1/15 – Alice Madness Returns: $7.49
    Yay, at last! Been waiting for a better price on the new Alice and this is the best deal so far.

Network Hub
    Here are Amazon Digital Download's deals for next week.
    And when do they start? Or are they on already and I just can't see the proper prices yet? Because Alice is still for 25$ for me.

Activated Node
    They start this sunday and it'll be another game discounted every day. All details here.

Here are Amazon Digital Download's deals for next week. They're pretty damn good, but they're rather ridiculous if you have a $5 promo code from last year. 1/15 Alice Madness Returns: $7.49 - $2.49 with $5 Holiday Promo Code1/16 Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition + Dragon Age 2 Bundle: $11.99 - $6.99 with $5 Holiday Promo Code1/17 Medal of Honor - $6.99 - $1.99 with $5 holiday promo code1/18 Battlefield Bad Company 2 - $6.99 - $1.99 with $5 holiday promo code1/19 Dead Space 2 - $6.99 - $1.99 with $5 holiday promo code1/20 Bulletstorm - $6.99 - $1.99 with $5 holiday promo code1/21 Crysis 2 - $9.99 - $4.99 with $5 holiday promo codeI plan on picking up Crysis 2 for $5 myself, though I wish I had more coupons to spend on some of those other deals.EDIT: WHY DOES NEW LINE NOT WORK? WHY?
    I'm impressed by your ability to subtract 5 from lots of different numbers. Incidentally, since these are the forums of a UK-based website, does it make sense to include the US only deals? Would a separate thread perhaps be appropriate? I would note that US-only deals never make it into the weekly bargain bucket on RPS.

Quote Originally Posted by qizarate View Post
    ...Incidentally, since these are the forums of a UK-based website, does it make sense to include the US only deals? Would a separate thread perhaps be appropriate? I would note that US-only deals never make it into the weekly bargain bucket on RPS.
    While it's nice to see some British chauvinism, I can think of two reasons why. Many readers of RPS are in the US, and the bargain bucket has(and I presume will continue) to list US-only deals, just as Lewis has listed UK-only deals. When regional deals are listed, they are always noted as such. FWIW, I purchased DoW2(both vanilla and Chaos Rising) from THQ's site after just such a mention of a US-only discount in the Bargain Bucket.

Obscure Node
    I live in the UK. Can I take advantage of these amazon offers as they are not on the UK website.

Yeah, you just need a valid US address and a credit card.

Obscure Node
    Can I not use a made up address? Obviously I have a method of payment.

I don't think so. Just google for an address. It's easy.

Obscure Node
    Can I have you address?

Obscure Node
    Hey Miker do you have a code for civ 5/4?

Quote Originally Posted by Ignorant Texan View Post
    While it's nice to see some British chauvinism, I can think of two reasons why. Many readers of RPS are in the US, and the bargain bucket has(and I presume will continue) to list US-only deals, just as Lewis has listed UK-only deals. When regional deals are listed, they are always noted as such. FWIW, I purchased DoW2(both vanilla and Chaos Rising) from THQ's site after just such a mention of a US-only discount in the Bargain Bucket.
    Point well made, and happily conceded. It strikes me now that you're right about US only deals appearing in bargain bucket, contrary to my claim. In my defense, i think i was just unconsciously airing my frustration at not being able to take advantage of these deals.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Also, there are ways to circumvent that US-Only policy of Amazon; it's actually ridiculously easy. I've bought from them several times, and I'm from bloody Spain.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Speaking as the person that started the original PC bargains thread a forum software-switch or two ago, and as a US RPSer, I definitely think US only deals are appropriate (as are any other region restricted deals). Mark them as such, of course, if you know they're region-restricted (though sometimes it's hard to tell).

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Also, there are ways to circumvent that US-Only policy of Amazon; it's actually ridiculously easy. I've bought from them several times, and I'm from bloody Spain.
    FWIW, I even wouldn't mind seeing international deals in general in here after having pre-ordered BF3 for 1000-something Rupees (about 12 €) from the Origin-store in India. We'd just have to make sure that they really work for foreigners (like the Amazon-deals) and the publisher doesn't have his ban-hammer ready..

p.s.:
    where did you get those holiday-coupons? I guess they're directly from Amazon, so they sent them out to US-customers?
    Steam-Id inside.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    They were given to people who bought from Amazon during their Xmas sale; For certain games, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    p.s.:
    where did you get those holiday-coupons? I guess they're directly from Amazon, so they sent them out to US-customers?
    Every DD game ordered from Amazon-US during December had a $5-off code emailed after the order confirmation email. Since their DD service only allows you to order one game/DLC at a time, some of us received multiple codes(While I would have ordered Shogun2 and the three DLCs in one order, I had to place 4 orders to get them. Therefore, I received 4 codes).

UPDATE: Damn, Rauten ninja'ed me.
    Last edited by Ignorant Texan; 12-01-2012 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Update

@qizarate

UK folk have purchased games from Amazon DD before, no reason not to post it here. Also could have done without the poke at my arithmetic seeing as I copied and pasted, but that's neither here nor there.

@Scotto

I only have one, I'm afraid, and I'm going to use it for Crysis 2. Sorry :(

And I figured out why I couldn't do new lines -- I had javascript disabled on RPS (to prevent the social networking widgets from loading) and it was preventing the forum software from loading properly.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Scotto, check your PMs.