Page 135 of 586 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,700 of 11714

Thread: PC Bargains

  1. #2681
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    You say bad script and story of JC2, but I ask you; have you completed the final two missions? They are some of the most imaginative, crazy and utterly amazing set-pieces I've played in a game. They're so utterly bonkers, they transcend the notion of quality, become a state unto-their-own and are simply sublime to play.
    But to appreciate this you have to get to the end game first. I lost interest long before that. Whenever I play it now I don't even bother with missions, I just wreak havoc (which brings in swarms of enemies and I give up for another few months).

  2. #2682
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,457
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    There are no collectibles
    Just about 300 of them.

    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    no neat hidden stuff
    Perhaps.

    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    no weapons unlocked by finding a hidden stash or the like
    No, but you unlock them and vehicles via making a mess.

    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    You can blow stuff up, and you can shoot people, but the incentive for doing so is exactly the same on one side of the map as the other so what's the point or traveling? Once you're tired of the scenery (and I'll certainly grant the scenery is remarkable, but sightseeing by itself isn't much incentive IMO) there's no real reason to bother.
    That's true enough, although there's quite a lot of variation in the scenery. Fighting in, say, the forest is different to a village, and that's different to a factory/plant/dock and that's different to the snow. Largely it's different in just the amount of "cover", but you can do some fun things with the grapple in some places that you can't in others.


  3. #2683
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    47
    AI War: Fleet Command is the daily on Steam. Not my type of game but I have one of those 50% off coupons. If anyone's interested, just send me a pm.

  4. #2684
    Lesser Hivemind Node Kodeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    968
    Buy 1 get 1 D&D games at GOG. Plus they'll throw ToEE in for free in addition if you don't already have it.

    http://www.gog.com/page/promo_buy1_get1

  5. #2685
    Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    Buy 1 get 1 D&D games at GOG. Plus they'll throw ToEE in for free in addition if you don't already have it.

    http://www.gog.com/page/promo_buy1_get1
    Obligatory ToEE/Co8 post. Not a bad promo at all.
    steam


  6. #2686
    What do we make of current Steam Midweek Madness sale: Cities XL 2012 for 7.50?
    Would I, as someone who suspects he really would love SimCity 4 if only it ran properly, like it?

  7. #2687
    Network Hub Miker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    177
    I'm going to buy two games from GoG, and one of them will be Planescape. The other will be either Baldur's Gate 1 or 2. Which one should I get? GO!

  8. #2688
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Miker View Post
    I'm going to buy two games from GoG, and one of them will be Planescape. The other will be either Baldur's Gate 1 or 2. Which one should I get? GO!
    If you plan to play both BG games eventually, 1. If you're not sure you'll like it, 2.

  9. #2689
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    the angry dome
    Posts
    3,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Miker View Post
    I'm going to buy two games from GoG, and one of them will be Planescape. The other will be either Baldur's Gate 1 or 2. Which one should I get? GO!
    You should unequivocally get both. It'd be madness to play 2 without having played 1, and it'd be foolish in the extreme to play 1 and not play 2. Furthermore, you should install BGT, which turns them into a single game under the BG2 engine, per the instructions here:

    http://www.gog.com/en/forum/baldurs_...ial_mods/page1

  10. #2690
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,994
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    You should unequivocally get both. It'd be madness to play 2 without having played 1, and it'd be foolish in the extreme to play 1 and not play 2. Furthermore, you should install BGT, which turns them into a single game under the BG2 engine, per the instructions here:

    http://www.gog.com/en/forum/baldurs_...ial_mods/page1
    This. You speak the truth as always!

  11. #2691
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    GMT-7
    Posts
    3,300
    Buy BG1, get BG2, and wait for a better deal on Planescape.

  12. #2692
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    139
    You could always just get the D&D pack from sites like Gamersgate. Both Baldurs, both Icewinds, ToEE, Planescape, for 20 USD. And that's the non sale price. Infinity Engine generally works rather well on modern OS so no real messing around needed.

    In other news, Dawn of Fantasy is free for members of IGN prime. If you got a free trial to check out the Gamersgate 15 percent or Rochard, you might still have access.

  13. #2693
    Network Hub sopabuena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    161
    Seconding the IGN Prime thing, I was worried my subscription was no cancelled, but it reads "User does not have any active subscriptions" on my member page. Did anyone got charged?

  14. #2694
    Lesser Hivemind Node Kodeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    968
    Quote Originally Posted by sopabuena View Post
    Seconding the IGN Prime thing, I was worried my subscription was no cancelled, but it reads "User does not have any active subscriptions" on my member page. Did anyone got charged?
    Just checked the bank and I never was. Slightly annoying that they don't remove you from the mailing list when your account lapses, though that's probably intentional.

  15. #2695
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,506
    Quote Originally Posted by Corpekata View Post
    In other news, Dawn of Fantasy is free for members of IGN prime. If you got a free trial to check out the Gamersgate 15 percent or Rochard, you might still have access.
    Nice catch, despite being an MMORTS its subscription free so it is actually a free thing you might want.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

  16. #2696
    Network Hub lhzr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    RO
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    See. my problem was that I love exploring in sandbox games, but I couldn't find any reason to do so in JC2. There are no collectibles, no neat hidden stuff, no weapons unlocked by finding a hidden stash or the like, everything is basically the same everywhere. You can blow stuff up, and you can shoot people, but the incentive for doing so is exactly the same on one side of the map as the other so what's the point or traveling? Once you're tired of the scenery (and I'll certainly grant the scenery is remarkable, but sightseeing by itself isn't much incentive IMO) there's no real reason to bother.
    For a second I thought you were describing Minecraft.

  17. #2697
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,632
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    There are no collectibles, no neat hidden stuff,

    Sorry to drag this over to the next page, but I saw this and it is just not fair on the amount of effort they put into making JC2. Not only are there hundreds of collectibles, but there are hundreds of really cool easter eggs, like the black smoke monster from Lost, the hatch and plane crash from Lost also. A body of water with a remote controlled shark fin swimming around, the pier from I Am Legend, hidden pockets of winter, underwater ruins, hidden bubble blaster and a lot more. It's full of great stuff to find.

  18. #2698
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    139
    http://www.indievania.com/blog/indievania-launch-sale

    Indievania is out of beta, having a launch sale. Notables include Cardinal Quest, Cthulu Saves the World, Inside a Star Filled sky. All the sale titles are 1-2 USD.

    They've also commited to DRM free only games just recently.

  19. #2699
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    GMT-7
    Posts
    3,300
    Any thoughts on Cardinal Quest? I was upset when I didn't get to try the free version, but more importantly than "is it worth $1?" is it worth my time?

  20. #2700
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    Sorry to drag this over to the next page, but I saw this and it is just not fair on the amount of effort they put into making JC2. Not only are there hundreds of collectibles, but there are hundreds of really cool easter eggs, like the black smoke monster from Lost, the hatch and plane crash from Lost also. A body of water with a remote controlled shark fin swimming around, the pier from I Am Legend, hidden pockets of winter, underwater ruins, hidden bubble blaster and a lot more. It's full of great stuff to find.
    Really glad you brought this up, I was going to if no one else did. Saying Just Cause 2 doesn't have cool hidden details is a Stalinesque revision of the actual truth. Although there probably aren't "hundreds" of them. :)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •