Page 111 of 577 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 11527

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TailSwallower View Post
    Thoughts on Dungeon Siege 1 & 2?

I'll be able to run them on my netbook (according to minimum specs) and then I'll be able to run 3 at home in 9 months when I'm done traveling. Looks like a good price on Steam today, and I enjoyed DS3 on xbox enough, but I don't know anything about what the original 2 were like.
    Some people will tell you DS 1 & 2 are great and 3 butchered the series. I'd tell you they were mediocre dungeon crawls, and the demo of 3 didn't show me enough to make up my mind on that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    Some people will tell you DS 1 & 2 are great and 3 butchered the series. I'd tell you they were mediocre dungeon crawls, and the demo of 3 didn't show me enough to make up my mind on that.
    Dungeon Siege 1, 2 and 3 are all terrible games, but Dungeon Siege 1 has two of the best completed mods/total conversions in gaming:

http://www.u5lazarus.com/
    http://u6project.com/

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by TailSwallower View Post
    Thoughts on Dungeon Siege 1 & 2?

I'll be able to run them on my netbook (according to minimum specs) and then I'll be able to run 3 at home in 9 months when I'm done traveling. Looks like a good price on Steam today, and I enjoyed DS3 on xbox enough, but I don't know anything about what the original 2 were like.
    Neither of them have multiplayer (it was removed for some reason) and I'm pretty sure neither game has the expansions. They are also quite crash prone on Steam as well. I'm not even sure if the mods Wizardry posted would work due to the games being modified.

Honestly, I would pass, as $24 for all of them including DS 3 is overpaying.

ETA: Yea, I did a bit of digging and it seems most mods don't work on these copies due to whatever SquareEnix did to them.
    Last edited by Roufuss; 30-12-2011 at 04:04 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    (As heretical as it may sound) I've never actually played any of the Ultimas, so that's definitely a mark in Dungeon Siege's favour. If I could I would simply buy the old ones 'cause they'd be so cheap on their own, but they won't let you.

Hmmm, I'm leaning towards not getting them 'cause I've still got the Spiderweb Software RPGs to play through, and a few more countries to visit before I can start looking for work in the UK.

ETA: Thanks Rouffous, will definitely skip them then. I'm in Russia at the moment and the price would have been more like $12, which is why I was tempted. Might have to wait for the original versions of the original two games to end up on GOG so I can give them and the Ultima mods a try, but in the meantime I'll skip them.
    Last edited by TailSwallower; 30-12-2011 at 04:05 PM.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Play's sale may be of interest.

FM2012 - 15
    Saints Row 3 - 10
    Brink - 3
    Dungeon Siege 3 - 5
    Witcher 2 - 13

Obscure Node
    Deus ex He 66% off with the voucher WINTR-DEUSX-DEALS - cheaper then steams daily deal.
    Augmented edition is around 15$+-
    http://www.greenmangaming.com/search...?gmgr=qecuzoge

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marklar View Post
    Deus ex He 66% off with the voucher WINTR-DEUSX-DEALS - cheaper then steams daily deal.
    Augmented edition is around 15$+-
    http://www.greenmangaming.com/search...?gmgr=qecuzoge
    the code works on at least some of the dlc
    too, but not deus ex 1 or 2
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

The Saboteur is $5. But American only, as it's an origin key it can be smuggled easily. Great Deal though.

Network Hub
    I'm posting an early deal here, but one that is useful if anyone has bought any PC games from Amazon during all of these deals.

Anyone who bought a PC game from Amazon also received a code in their email for "$5 off any 2011 top seller" that starts January 1st, 2012, so today.

As a one day sale starting January 2nd (so today, though its not active yet) Amazon is selling digital copies of Battlefield 3 for $29.99. Use your coupon code you got in your email to make it $24.99, the cheapest price on the game yet.

Deal is now live, just got a copy for $25.
    Last edited by Roufuss; 01-01-2012 at 09:28 AM.

Activated Node
    About that Amazon code, I have no interest in buying something with mine from this list. Just contact me through pm and you can have my code. Not sure if they're bound to the account that made the initial purchase though, but I guess you'll find out.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredie007 View Post
    About that Amazon code, I have no interest in buying something with mine from this list. Just contact me through pm and you can have my code. Not sure if they're bound to the account that made the initial purchase though, but I guess you'll find out.
    I don't think they are -- normally, Amazon binds any discount codes directly to your account, but these are promo codes that must be entered on the checkout page so I'm pretty sure anyone can use any code.

It can only be used once though, naturally.

Roufuss,

Thanks. Because of how Amazon handles DD purchases, I have three extra codes if anybody wants them. Just PM me, I'll gladly give one to the first three people who contact me.

Network Hub
    So you can have a copy of AssCreed the first for NOTHING if you have the Amazon code for 5$. Also, Shogun was for 2,5$ with the code but it was pulled off very briefly so it was possibly a mistake.

Activated Node
    Wasn't a mistake, they just had to switch prices really fast. Since the sale ended the 1st, but the codes became actively usable the 1st as well. Of course they weren't going to give us a $5 discount on already heavily slashed prices.

Edit: The first Assassin's Creed is indeed $4,99. And I'm not sure why, but all of a sudden both Shogun 2 and Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition aren't available anymore.
    Last edited by Fredie007; 01-01-2012 at 10:01 PM.

Network Hub
    FEAR 3 is $7.50 at Green Man Gaming. Activates on Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss View Post
    FEAR 3 is $7.50 at Green Man Gaming. Activates on Steam.
    4. 99 in the uk
    www.greenmangaming.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    If you're still hanging on to those Amazon promos, you can get Duke Nukem Forever for $1....

I'm still trying to decide if it's even worth that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    If you're still hanging on to those Amazon promos, you can get Duke Nukem Forever for $1....

If you can stoop to really low-brow humour for five minutes, it's worth it just to throw turds around and watch Duke jump in the mirror, but you can do that in the demo anyway.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post

It has bosses who later reappear as regular enemies!

But no, seriously, if you know what to expect going in its really not that bad. Certainly worth $1. As Unrav said, low brow humor, I felt the shooting was competent, I think you can hold 4 weapons at once in the PC version now and the game isn't terribly long so it never feels like a slog.

It does feel cobbled together at parts but again, if you know what to expect, its not so bad.

You don't seem like the type to get offended by the humor or some of the scenes in the game so I think some of the more common complaints aren't going to really affect you.
    Last edited by Roufuss; 02-01-2012 at 04:40 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss View Post
    It has bosses who later reappear as regular enemies!
    But do they appear en masse?

You don't seem like the type to get offended by the humor or some of the scenes in the game so I think some of the more common complaints aren't going to really affect you.
    I doubt I'll be offended, but if it's insulting to my intelligence I certainly won't be amused.