Page 114 of 578 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 11557

Thread: PC Bargains

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    Worst non-bargain of the week:

Age of Empires 3 is on steam (yay!), but it's 40 dollars full price (huh?) and currently is 50% off.

That seems a bit excessive for a 6 year old game which isn't even the best of the series.

How many 6 year old games out there are still 40 dollars?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Carlo View Post
    14.99 in the UK, but seeing as i got it off GFW Market place for 1 (the complete version) a while ago this seems stupid.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Activated Node
    HOMM 6 Deluxe for 9.98 on GreenManGaming

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    14.99 in the UK, but seeing as i got it off GFW Market place for 1 (the complete version) a while ago this seems stupid.
    Wasn't it 10p on GFWL?

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Wasn't it 10p on GFWL?
    Probably, I forget, its filed in my brain as almost free anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    HOMM 6 Deluxe for 9.98 on GreenManGaming
    The gentleman provides a link... Unless its steam.
    http://www.greenmangaming.co.uk/game...eluxe-edition/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Carlo View Post
    Worst non-bargain of the week:

Age of Empires 3 is on steam (yay!), but it's 40 dollars full price (huh?) and currently is 50% off.

That seems a bit excessive for a 6 year old game which isn't even the best of the series.

It's an insane price point, but it's nice to see MS releasing games to platforms beyond GfWL. I'd love nothing more than to see an AoE complete pack and Rise of Nations on digital download services, especially GOG.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    AOEIII was VERY cheap on GFWL earlier this year - can't remember exactly how much because I got it using the spare points I had left from buying XBLIG games!!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    It was about 10MS points, which in real money is absolutely nothing.

I have never owned ms points. It was pence

You can buy things through the GfWL Marketplace with real money too, but the prices were - at the time, at least - listed in Moon Money.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    The gentleman provides a link... Unless its steam.
    http://www.greenmangaming.co.uk/game...eluxe-edition/
    LOL - too true, but in my defence I posted it from my phone and creating links is a pain on that. I thought it better to share :)

Activated Node
    Deus EX HR is now only 7.49 over on Greenman Gaming
    http://www.greenmangaming.co.uk/game...an-revolution/

Drakensang: The Dark Eye is currently 2.50 on gamersgate: http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-DRAK/...g-the-dark-eye

The RRP is listed as 4.99, which is oddly low to begin with. I'm convinced there's been some pricing mix-up with the DLC. Best to take advantage while it lasts though, and having bought and installed it, i can confirm that this is the full game.

Yes, there's been a lot of issues with availability but next to none with the game.

It looks like GamersGate keep putting the US copies up for sale, even in the EU, which is bizarre because they've put Philasseaon's Secret (probably spelt wrong) on sale and made it available whereas they haven't with The River of Time, so you can buy the expansion but not the game it links to (the installer for PS also installs in the wrong place, so you have to copypasta it), but I would suggest anyone with an English-language retail version of TRoT from the EU to buy PS, just to remove the need for the disc in the drive.

This is the EU version of the game (note the correct title!), by the way.

Thanks for the additional info. I wasn't aware of that when i bought it. Out of curiosity, do you have any idea if the German language files are included in the English Language EU version? And otherwise, are there any major differences between the US and the EU versions?

No differences that I'm aware of between US and EU. Basically ValuSoft are a distributor for the US, but publishing rights still remain with dtp in Germany. I could be wrong, but I believe they're practically the same.

As for German language, I'm not entirely sure. As far as I know, the German language is not included - nor is it possible to add it - but again, I could have been misinformed. You're better off looking at the Drakensang boards on the dtp site.

Thanks for the info. I feel better about having bought the US version now. It would've been nice to have at least had the option of using the German audio, but nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by qizarate View Post
    Thanks for the info. I feel better about having bought the US version now. It would've been nice to have at least had the option of using the German audio, but nevermind.
    There's not really all that many lines of dialogue, so you're not missing too much IMHO.

Oh, for anyone else who's curious - the US version of Philasseaon's Secret *does* work with an EU-language retail edition, but with a bit of copypasta of some files.

It's not really a sale but a standard low price.
    A survival horror - Cursed Mountain, which was a pretty underrated game according to some, is sold only for 5 dollars on Amazon
    http://www.amazon.com/Deep-Silver-40...dp/B005JF4KKC/

I can't judge it as I haven't played it but I plan to.

Renegade Ops 2.49 at GMG and it doesn't say so on the site but it includes the two DLC packs Coldstrike Campaign and Reinforcement pack. Which is a pretty damn good deal, better than the Steam sale and I missed getting this there. In fact I am wondering if this might be a mistake, the two DLCs don't show a separate discount and together are worth 4.79. GMG doesn't say how long this deal is running, so get in there fast if you want this.
    (Edit; the deal is for 24 hours says their Twitter)

Steamworks game so you don't have to bother with the GMG downloader. I only noticed the DLC was there as it showed up in the Steam properties after I activated it.

Despite our empty wallets and New Years resolutions GMG is quietly still punting out some good sale deals into January - they also have Batman Arkham City for 12 today.
    Last edited by Colonel J; 10-01-2012 at 06:26 PM.