Page 119 of 602 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 12038

Thread: PC Bargains

I really hope today's daily deal on Steam was chosen before the whole Italian cruise ship thing.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/48800/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Sonic Generations - 50% off on Steam. I'm not entirely sure why it is, but it is. Get it. It's fantastic.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Sonic Generations - 50% off on Steam. I'm not entirely sure why it is, but it is. Get it. It's fantastic.
    'cos Sonic CD, 4 Ep 1 and the Generations DLC went up today ;)

What's the verdict on All-Stars Racing? I got the iOS version but I hate gyro-controls.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    It's a very good kart-racing game, but the port is shoddy as all hell; stuttering in certain stages, controller issues and the online mode was completely removed, there's not even a LAN option with which to use Hamachi.

I know this a PC gaming forum, but anyone had the chance to try Sonic CD on iOS? I might get it, but I have to decide wich version yet.
    Also I take it Generations is worth $15, right?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Generations is worth it at full price if you like the franchise, if not a little more.

As for CD, I actually did try it out on iOS. It lacks some of the features of the 'HD' versions, but the core game is there and runs well. My only problem with it is the controls; the lack of tactile feedback is sorely missing and jumps I can easily make on a 360 controller I struggle with on my iPod Touch. It's definitely, definitely, playable and as a game for on the go, it makes sense but if you were looking for one version in particular, I'd go for the one with real buttons.

Medal of Hono(u)r (2010) is today's daily deal at 75% off. I haven't played it, but many seem to like it's fairly authentic portrayal of military action in its campaign. It's MP is not quite as liked.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Network Hub
    Note to anyone buying Sonic Generations, there seems to be a real problem with sega games and NVidia Optimus (so any modern laptop with an NVidia card pretty much) in that one has to jump through some pretty nasty hoops to play the game on the NVidia card (and internal graphics are usually a bit too shit).

Medal of Honor was in the end a good shooter - it gets better and pretty intense in later parts. You just have to ignore the idiotic patriotism and the black-and-white distinction on US=good, them=bad terrorists.

Also the MP was good, having been designed by DICE as a simpler and more close-quarters variation of BFBC2.

But: You can get it for a better price if you wait. It goes on a better sale regularly (Amazon, GG)

Also today on Amazon - Bulletstorm for $6.99
    http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Art...dp/B004MPRFF2/

I can't say anything about the game because my two attempts to install it failed due to GFWL.
    Actually that says something.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Indeed Amazon has done it again, probably yet another move in their anti-Steam campaign: MOH for 5$, free with a coupon

For that price I can only recommend it.

Obscure Node
    MOH, currently not available.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Arkham City 50% on Impulse, least for NA:
    http://impulsedriven.com/batmanac

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post

I'm not sure what the prices are like elsewhere in the world, but for Australians it's still $10 cheaper at Get Games.

I'd been meaning to play some of the ME2 DLC prior to the release of the third game, and today noticed that the DLC has been effectively reduced (may be UK only):

Now, while Bioware take the silly position of selling their DLC in 'bioware points' they at least allow you to buy points in chunks that correspond to most of the piece of DLC. This has resulted in the odd situation where they clearly wanted to reduce the price of the Cerberus network DLC, but did so by reducing the cost of the corresponding number of points, rather than the points cost of the DLC itself. Thus you can get 1200 points for the usual cost of 560 (4.33). Of course, this means that if you're not buying the Cerberus network you'll end up with an odd number of points left over at the end, but assuming your buying more than a single piece of 560pt DLC, it should work out cheaper.

Note: The 1200 points pack does not show up is you go through the 'add bioware points' menu option. Instead try and buy the ME2 DLC you want, and you should get the option to add more points. Select this, and the ME skinned points interface should show the cheap 1200 points option.
    My Blog|Steam|GW2 Main: Chakan Khimar

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
    I'd been meaning to play some of the ME2 DLC prior to the release of the third game, and today noticed that the DLC has been effectively reduced (may be UK only):

Now, while Bioware take the silly position of selling their DLC in 'bioware points' they at least allow you to buy points in chunks that correspond to most of the piece of DLC. This has resulted in the odd situation where they clearly wanted to reduce the price of the Cerberus network DLC, but did so by reducing the cost of the corresponding number of points, rather than the points cost of the DLC itself. Thus you can get 1200 points for the usual cost of 560 (4.33). Of course, this means that if you're not buying the Cerberus network you'll end up with an odd number of points left over at the end, but assuming your buying more than a single piece of 560pt DLC, it should work out cheaper.

Note: The 1200 points pack does not show up is you go through the 'add bioware points' menu option. Instead try and buy the ME2 DLC you want, and you should get the option to add more points. Select this, and the ME skinned points interface should show the cheap 1200 points option.
    I love you.
    I've been waiting for something resembling an offer on the ME2/Bioware DLC for ages and this is better than 50% off. You are both a gentleman and a scholar, sir.

I'd been meaning to play some of the ME2 DLC prior to the release of the third game, and today noticed that the DLC has been effectively reduced (may be UK only)
    Unfortunately still not worth it for me - a story DLC with this discount costs 3 - 5 dollars each and there are 6 of them. I would like to play the "complete" ME2 but no way I'm buying it at such inconvenience (Bioware store I want to have nothing to do with) for this price.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Mass Effect 2 etc
    Where the hell do you even buy ME2 DLC anyways? Links are appreciated (as is the tip.)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Revisor View Post
    Unfortunately still not worth it for me - a story DLC with this discount costs 3 - 5 dollars each and there are 6 of them. I would like to play the "complete" ME2 but no way I'm buying it at such inconvenience (Bioware store I want to have nothing to do with) for this price.
    6? Four - Kasumi (more squad member than story), Overlord, Shadow Broker, Arrival. Genesis is only really worth it if you want to bypass playing ME1 again or you've not actually played ME1, and isn't exactly story DLC as it adds nothing to the game itself.

Sabrage - BioWare Social Network. Link here to ME2 store page.

You're right, it's 4. 4 DLCs for 2480 points, that's 14.5 dollars after discount, plus the inconvenience of the Bioware store and DLCs themselves.

Edit: Also if you buy 2x 1200 points, you are short 80 points to buy the fourth story DLC.
    Since you have to buy points in bulk, you'll have a lot of spare points.
    The discount is thus effectively between 14.5 and 20 dollars for the 4 DLCs.

Nope, still not worth it for me.
    Last edited by Revisor; 22-01-2012 at 04:11 PM.