Page 12 of 579 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112512 ... LastLast

Thread: PC Bargains

Banned
    Well, maybe R.U.S.E. and the DLC packs will be on sale.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Hocevar View Post
    So, summer sales should be going on anytime now(was jun 24th last year). What you guys pretend on getting ?
    ]
    This is going to make me sound really cheap but hey, it's the bargain thread so it's to be expected. I'd really like to see Terrarria and Jamestown discounted (even if its only a pound or two) then I'd snatch them up.

On the more expensive side, I'd like to see Dirt 3 for less than £25 (unlikely) and hopefully some kind of discount of Hearts of Iron III. Cant think of much else...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Regarding the GOG sale, how is Conquest of the New World? Looks intriguing!

Quote Originally Posted by Hocevar View Post
    So, summer sales should be going on anytime now(was jun 24th last year). What you guys pretend on getting ?
    Divinity 2, GRID, The King's Crusade, Blade Kitten. Maybe some DLC and Portal 2.

I may be missing something completely obvious here but the pick and mix on green man gaming seems like they are a big ripoff. The price doesn't adjust when you get to checkout so it appears as though you can actually spend a lot more than the individual price on items.

Example. magicka dlc pick&mix, any 3 dlc for £4.99

Nippon £0.59
    Final Frontier £1.99
    Frozen Lake £1.59
    individual total £4.17

Nippon £0.59
    Survival kit £0.59
    Marshlands £1.55
    individual total £2.73

Final Frontier £1.99
    Frozen Lake £1.59
    Party Robes £1.59
    individual total £5.17

the last one is the best deal on offer and only results in a few pence saving. I cant think that this is right but the site doesn't try to prevent you from making such a mistake, am I missing something here or have they just completely failed to think this through?

I would also like to ask if anyone knows the situation with the GOG sales, nothing much interested me in the current one but I read that there might be more of these packs in the next few days/week.

On the summer sales, I am hoping to see sanctum on sale, I played the demo a few days ago and liked it but I only have twenty quid so its going to have to drop a long way before I can buy it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Thanks for the feedback amandachen, sounds like I'll probably pass for now.

I wasn't aware they'd made a game set in Menzoberrenzan, I know the setting from playing and DMing PnP Forgotten Realms back in the day. I'll have to look that up.

Network Hub
    Amazon.co.uk have Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood for £15 instead of the £30 that Steam is demanding.

Activated Node
    Menzoberranzan, good I remember eyeing that up years ago. Very, purple.

I would have thought the first challenge would be finding somewhere that sold it, let alone cheaply. I'd have expected ebay would be the only reasonable option.

quick check says: no.
    amazon.co.uk has a couple of copies for ~£20. amazon.com has some for ~$3+p&p, but you'd have to deal with postage from states.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus thegooseking's Avatar
    Squenix week at gamersgate:-

Thursday: Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition & Deus Ex: Invisible War - 75%
    Friday: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - 75%
    Saturday: Just Cause & Just Cause 2 - 75%
    Sunday: Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition - 80%

I think most of us already have most of these games, though. Those that don't: you're silly.
    "Moronic cynicism is a kind of naïveté. It's naïveté turned inside-out. Naïveté wearing a sneer." -Momus

thegooseking -

Thanks. I've been intrigued by B:AA for a while, I just might buy it. I do have a question for you, and other RPSers - How intrusive is the SecuROM attached to it? I still have nightmares about the reformatting and clean install that PoS Mal-Ware/Root-Kit forced upon me with Mass Effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignorant Texan View Post
    thegooseking -

Thanks. I've been intrigued by B:AA for a while, I just might buy it. I do have a question for you, and other RPSers - How intrusive is the SecuROM attached to it? I still have nightmares about the reformatting and clean install that PoS Mal-Ware/Root-Kit forced upon me with Mass Effect.
    Honestly I didn't notice the SecuROM, but GfWL certainly makes its presence known in full savegame-encrypting fashion.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    As a survivor of starforce DRM I find the panic surrounding securom confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    As a survivor of starforce DRM I find the panic surrounding securom confusing.
    Some people have apparently had some pretty severe problems with it, I've certainly heard a number of horror stories. Nothing quite on the scale of Starforce tales of hardware damage, but certainly on the level of having to rebuild the operating system. Personally, though, I've never had an issue with it.

Heliocentirc -

SecuROM trashed my audio/video drivers and thoroughly corrupted my registry, while deleting my restore points, leading to my reformat/reinstall. The only 'good' thing I can say about the experience is that SecuROM showed me the value in backing-up my data. Believe me, I am as leery of StarForce and Tages.

Changing the subject, Divinity II:The Dragon Knight Saga is 50% off this weekend on Steam. But, damnit, it has SecuROM(5 machine activation limit).

http://store.steampowered.com/app/58540/
    Last edited by Ignorant Texan; 23-06-2011 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Spelling

That raises an interesting question, does anyone in these parts have experience with Steam regarding a game that's run out of activations? Gamersgate guarantees they'll just give you a new code if you run out of activations, and considering my experiences with their support I take them at their word on that. I've always been curious whether Steam support would be any help in a similar situation, my experiences with them have been... less positive.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Homefront is also 50% off.
    Two games I want... but I'll wait for better deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignorant Texan View Post
    Changing the subject, Divinity II:The Dragon Knight Saga is 50% off this weekend on Steam. But, damnit, it has SecuROM(5 machine activation limit).[/URL]
    I was here hoping that somebody would have some opinions on whether this was worth £15, but you just saved my money, thanks...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thegooseking View Post
    Friday: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - 75%
    Saturday: Just Cause 2 - 75%
    GoL was a really great game. Some interesting puzzles, great gun-play and all round fun game. Barely played co-op and it was still worth the money I paid for it. JC2 is...something else. Just find some videos on youtube. If that doesn't convince you, you're wrong.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    JC2 is...something else. Just find some videos on youtube. If that doesn't convince you, you're wrong.
    I agree, but be warned that it has a problem with some rigs causing crashes-to-desktop. I average about 30 minutes of play before I get a "display drivers crashed and recovered" message and the game becomes unresponsive or crashes entirely. When it works it's a fantastic game, but I keep getting frustrated and uninstalling it.

Network Hub
    Can anyone put me onto a way I can get Starcraft 2 for cheaps? I'm talking <£20 mark. For a game that came out like a year ago its still ridonculously expensive almost everywhere I look. (Also, can't be 2nd hand 'cause of battle.net activation as far as I understand it.)