Page 124 of 594 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 11863

Thread: PC Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira- View Post
    Origin is having (at least here in Finland) a -70% off action games. Dead Space for less than 3€, Alice: Madness Returns for less than 10€ and so forth. Not too bad.
    Funny in my country, which is pretty much next to yours, in Estonia, Alice is €20 for me :S . Dead Space on the other hand is 3€. Damn Origin, oh well, itīs still $7,49 on amazon for some time. Itīs a shame I donīt have another amazon promo code for $5 off, already used it on the Dragon Age pack.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    On the subject of DNF how was the Doctor who cloned me DLC? Never saw any feedback on that.
    It's cut content stitched together. It has the Terminators, the Duke clones, Area 51 and other stuff that was in the old trailers or leaked. It lasts about 4 hours. The first level has some crappy platforming but then it keeps getting better and better. It's more focused than the main game, the combat is quite good when they start mixing enemies and everything somehow flows better. It's hard to put the finger on what exactly it does better than the main game that it feels so improved. The last level is excellent though.
    If you thought DNF was at least acceptable, you'll like this. Put it this way: it's as enjoyable as a throwaway FPS like Devastation, Red Faction, Serious Sam 2 etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    It's cut content stitched together. It has the Terminators, the Duke clones, Area 51 and other stuff that was in the old trailers or leaked. It lasts about 4 hours. The first level has some crappy platforming but then it keeps getting better and better. It's more focused than the main game, the combat is quite good when they start mixing enemies and everything somehow flows better. It's hard to put the finger on what exactly it does better than the main game that it feels so improved. The last level is excellent though.
    If you thought DNF was at least acceptable, you'll like this. Put it this way: it's as enjoyable as a throwaway FPS like Devastation, Red Faction, Serious Sam 2 etc.
    Thanks for that. For Ģ1.50ish I may give that a shot.
    Did not think the main game was as bad as people made it out to be, but then again thats possibly because I set my standards to "Excrement" in preperation, plus I played it after they added the ability to carry more then 2 guns.

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    This humble bundle is pretty awful. I can't even muster the enthusiasm to pay 1 dollar for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Carlo View Post
    This humble bundle is pretty awful. I can't even muster the enthusiasm to pay 1 dollar for it.
    Really? Edge and Anomaly are both good fun.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    They're all great games, to say this bundle is "pretty awful" is risible. I already had all but Anomaly; I bought it for $5 just for that and very pleased with it I am too.

Theyīll probably add some games as the sale continues. You can activate games on Steam and then download them for Android too, right?

Yep, and get DRM-free installers for Windows, Mac and Linux too, if you like.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ColOfNature View Post
    They're all great games, to say this bundle is "pretty awful" is risible. I already had all but Anomaly; I bought it for $5 just for that and very pleased with it I am too.
    It's a great deal if you don't have the games, but World of Goo and Osmos were in a previous bundle (the same one if I recall) and I already own Anomaly.

Judging by the way the graphic at the top of the page is set up, it's pretty obvious they plan to add more games, but the ones that are already there don't interest me enough to draw me in on that alone. This will be the first Humble Bundle I won't buy.

Edit: Wrong thread

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    It's a great deal if you don't have the games, but World of Goo and Osmos were in a previous bundle (the same one if I recall) and I already own Anomaly.

Judging by the way the graphic at the top of the page is set up, it's pretty obvious they plan to add more games, but the ones that are already there don't interest me enough to draw me in on that alone. This will be the first Humble Bundle I won't buy.
    Ditto.

I already have Osmos/Goo and I decided recently to not buy games, no matter how cheap, if I don't really want them (a novel concept, I know).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    GamersGate has a Jagged Alliance sale on here.

Well, it's Jagged Alliance, JA2, JA2: Wildfire and JA2 Gold, and two spin-off title thingies that aren't actually JA titles.

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post

It's a great deal if you have a modern Android phone or tablet. I almost picked up Osmos on Android the other day for four bucks or whatever they were selling it for. So glad I didn't, cuz here for about $5 I got that and much more.

I already owned everything but Anomaly on PC. World of Goo is better as a more tactile game. Anomaly seems to run great on the Samsung Galaxy S II. Osmos is a joy and feels very natural on the platform.

Oddly, the only one I don't enjoy on my phone is Edge, which started on the iPhone. It is far improved with keyboard controls on PC.

All in all, these are some of the most polished games I've played on Android, and in three of four cases I don't find myself wishing I was playing on a platform with keys or a D-pad - which is more than I can say for most Android games.

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    GamersGate has a Jagged Alliance sale on here.

Well, it's Jagged Alliance, JA2, JA2: Wildfire and JA2 Gold, and two spin-off title thingies that aren't actually JA titles.
    Interesting. What JA game do you lovely people recommend?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    JA2 Gold, I'm sure.

For Direct2Drive users (now moved to Gamefly) you should have an email containing a 30% off coupon that expires on 2/3. So use it before you lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    ...coupon that expires on 2/3. So use it before you lose it.
    You mean I've got a whole month?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    February 3rd. :)

I'm in the US.

Yeah, sorry [no I'm not], I couldn't resist [I'm just kind of a prat].

Shit, I've left my psychic interface on again.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    For Direct2Drive users (now moved to Gamefly) you should have an email containing a 30% off coupon that expires on 2/3. So use it before you lose it.
    I didn't receive it. Bummer.
    Does it work on preorders?

And does the new service still tax buyers from outside the US?

Quote Originally Posted by ColOfNature View Post
    Yeah, sorry [no I'm not], I couldn't resist [I'm just kind of a prat].

Shit, I've left my psychic interface on again.
    I've found with reading the dates on this forum that instead of training my brain to think "31st of January, 2012", I have instead trained my eyes to merely scan center-left-right. I think that level of thought is very hard to change.