Page 126 of 569 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 11363

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    More of the same certainly, but I'd say it's worth the tenner if you liked DOW2.
    ...common and uninteresting.
    | Steam | Desura | Twitter |

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Is DOW2 Retribution worth the tenner? I did enjoy DOW2 vanilla so is it just more of the same?
    If you liked DoW2 vanilla, Chaos Rising would be a better bet. Retribution is more like a fan-made sequel, as far as quality.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    If you liked DoW2 vanilla, Chaos Rising would be a better bet. Retribution is more like a fan-made sequel, as far as quality.
    Retribution is... something I'd recommend if you like to buy pointless DLC (what?!) or you aim to play multiplayer. The campaign is fine in a single-playthrough-ever approach. It completely removes the idea of improving your play style (remember the tally marks at the end of missions in Vanilla? Gone), and your levelling up is much less in-depth and more like an MMO.

Retribution isn't bad. I found it satisfying enough, it's just of limited appeal, I think.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Dirt 2 is pretty fun, its essentially Grid with mud, time rewind is a key feature, and winning is not essential, but its the fastest way to progress, so you can set the difficulty to be a challenge.

Its not quite as smart as Grid, but its much more beautiful.

Nids, Orks and Imps the fans have the right idea, but you need not try and play all races, its exactly the same campaign.

Also Tryanids are obscenely overpowered to the point I AFK'd during defeating the final boss, I wasn't really needed, my OP had the battle under control.

My advice, buy it if you fancy MP, but play the campaign as Orks, just for the attitude.

"I like your hat by the way".
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 04-02-2012 at 10:18 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Over on Impulse, Stronghold 3 has dropped down from 34.99 to 43.99.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Nids, Orks and Imps the fans have the right idea, but you need not try and play all races, its exactly the same campaign.
    Good ideas poorly implemented, sounds like a fan project to me. :)

Good ideas poorly implemented, sounds like a fan project to me. :)
    Yeah, but MP and Last stand are still up to Relics standards, at least we have that.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Yeah, but MP and Last stand are still up to Relics standards, at least we have that.
    Yeah, I wouldn't bad mouth the MP (or vouch for it, I much prefer DoW1 skirmishes as a matter of taste).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I had some fun with DoW2, but it was nowhere near as engrossing as Dark Crusade was for me.

I don't have any of the games in the Indie Gala bundle, I was only interested in inMomentum so I must get the the $10 option. Are the rest of the games worth it? They don't look very appealing to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by sopabuena View Post
    I don't have any of the games in the Indie Gala bundle, I was only interested in inMomentum so I must get the the $10 option. Are the rest of the games worth it? They don't look very appealing to be honest
    Roboblitz is awesome, but it's on steam for not very much money. It flows like a physics puzzle portal, but with physics based melee. Grab a box and hold it out and spin around you'll hit much harder than just using your hands. Or use the (2 point but otherwise infinite) grappling hook to tie up enemies ala just cause 2. Often level traps are your best weapons.

It's really fun.

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sopabuena View Post
    There's a lot I like about Greed Corp but it has flaws. I don't think the tutorial trains well enough on how to use an air lift (there's a delay involved), and if you don't move quickly to eradicate your opponents you're in for a real nasty slog.

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    I thought InMomentum was pretty crap. I was hoping for a Tron + Mirror's Edge hybrid, but the game plays so awkwardly you never get a real sense of speed. It also just feels really "floaty" to me, like you are never really inside a body as much as you are just a floating courser (compared to, say, Mirror's Edge where you are always aware of the weight and presence of your own body). Combine all this with the fact that there's really no storyline to speak of (just time trials and the like), and I think I only spent like 45 minutes on the whole thing before getting bored and uninstalling.

In terms of indiegala 1, though, the only ones I really enjoyed were the Zombie Shooter games. Mindless fun.
    Last edited by Juan Carlo; 06-02-2012 at 03:13 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    PS:

There's another indie bundle coming, which would make me groan, but this one looks pretty awesome:

http://groupees.com/bemine

Word on the internets is that it will include:

Xotic
    Wasteland Angel
    Sideways New York
    Beep
    The Ball

The next indieroyale could be awesome too. It will supposedly include a couple PC debuts from the PSN network, including Cladun x2:

http://www.nisamerica.com/games/cladun2/
    Last edited by Juan Carlo; 06-02-2012 at 03:42 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    The Ball is a fucking beautiful game, if a little shallow.

Everything NIS is awesome.

Today's Steam daily deal is Sanctum for 2.37
    Its rather nice

Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    Today's Steam daily deal is Sanctum for 2.37
    Its rather nice
    Indeed. The DLC itself isn't on sale, but you can buy the Collection for less than 6, which I recommend.

Obscure Node
    http://store.thq.com/store?Action=ho..._ES&SiteID=thq

Use Eurogamer50 as code to get 50% off. That means Space marine for 5, or RF:A for 5 euros. Saints row 3 for 15

Obscure Node
    Anyone know if these games register on steam?

Also, Skyrim is on sale for $40 on Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by luker161 View Post
    Anyone know if these games register on steam?
    Which games? The THQ ones? Yeah, the recent ones are Steamworks.