Page 133 of 584 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 11669

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    That Groupees thing is back up.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The Bargain Bucket sent me hunting around the Origin Store and I found a great deal (which may be UK specific or whatever)

Shift2: Unleashed plus it's DLC (which is Origin-only I think) for 5!!

It's such a good deal they've neither advertised it nor even seen fit to put it on their 'Offers' page - so hey ho!

Quote Originally Posted by renhoelder View Post
    Origin is having another sale

linky

The funny thing is for example MOH and Battlefield 2 Complete are 50% cheaper than on the FPS sale that just recently ended :D
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    The Bargain Bucket sent me hunting around the Origin Store and I found a great deal (which may be UK specific or whatever)

Shift2: Unleashed plus it's DLC (which is Origin-only I think) for 5!!

It's such a good deal they've neither advertised it nor even seen fit to put it on their 'Offers' page - so hey ho!
    This one? It was on the Origin Store frontpage under "Origin Loves Carnival"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    The First Templar is 5 for the next ~16hrs on GamersGate.

I highly recommend it. It's like an old skool co-op game mixed with some slightly wobbly Arkham Asylum-esque combat. It's playable solo (as I did) and perhaps even preferable that way.

It's not perfect, it's a bit shoddy in places, but I really enjoyed it and would recommend it.

P.S. By "Other DRM", it means Kalypso Game Launcher - nothing really that troublesome, nor that welcome in fact.

Tried to post this in the Bargain Bucket comments but still awaiting moderation because of the links

Rise of Flight Iron Cross Edition is down to $9.99 on Amazon US:

For non-US you either need the fake US address trick at check-out (I’ve not done but I gather it works) or you can buy from FSPilotshop for the same price.

I’ve only played the demo so far, which as I understand it is exactly the same as the paid game but you only get the one starter aircraft. The ICE package gives you 8 DLC aircraft which, believe me, you are going to want to grab at that price if you enjoy the game at all and want to get into the campaign, individually that lot is $50 odd. It’s a steep learning curve but a very rewarding of your time, the flight physics model in this game is truly a thing of beauty.

From this week's mail-out from the devs:
    “The sale runs all week from Feb. 14th to Feb. 20th. We reluctantly agreed to this sale so let’s see if we can at least hit #1 on their chart for digital PC games….We don’t know when or if this price will ever happen again.”

I guess it might be on sale for longer at FSPilotshop at it only went on at that price last night.
    Last edited by Colonel J; 18-02-2012 at 05:20 PM.

Obscure Node
    Has anyone's IGN discount with Gamersgate been changed?

I knew it wouldn't last long...

Quote Originally Posted by Kingmarzo View Post
    Has anyone's IGN discount with Gamersgate been changed?

I knew it wouldn't last long...
    Just experimented by adding stuff to the cart. Mine still works and my IGN Prime account expired yesterday.

Though I notice that when I tried adding Alan Wake to the cart the discount came as a 'cashback' in blue coins worth 15%, you still paid the full price. For other things the discount was a proper 15% off.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel J View Post
    Just experimented by adding stuff to the cart. Mine still works and my IGN Prime account expired yesterday.

Though I notice that when I tried adding Alan Wake to the cart the discount came as a 'cashback' in blue coins worth 15%, you still paid the full price. For other things the discount was a proper 15% off.
    Being as I, like Kingmarzo, expected it to disappear entirely, I'd be frankly thrilled if all it did was turn into 15% bonus blue coins. Good lord, the free games I'd get out of that...
    Last edited by vinraith; 18-02-2012 at 11:19 PM.

Yeah, I'm getting the mix here as well. I wonder if its a contractual thing, a bit like the way GoG.com gave cashback with the Witcher 2 in certain regions because publishing deals prevented them selling at a lower price.
    My Blog|Steam|GW2 Main: Chakan Khimar

Network Hub
    Just from my experimenting it appears really new/preorder stuff do the blue coins but most stuff does a flat discount. Also appears if you add any game that does the blue coins thing, the rest do it too, no mixing and matching.
    Last edited by Corpekata; 18-02-2012 at 10:45 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Crusader Kings 2 does the cash discount, and Alan Wake does the blue coins. 20% back in blue coins isn't bad at all.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by renhoelder View Post
    This one? It was on the Origin Store frontpage under "Origin Loves Carnival"
    THat's weird - it's not under that heading in the client - nor was it in the list of games in the 'Origin Loves Carnival' email I got

Hey ho - 5s a great deal for Shift2 and it's DLC :)

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Being as I, like Kingmarzo, expected it to disappear entirely, I'd be frankly thrilled if all it did was turn into 15% bonus blue coins. Good lord, the free games I'd get out of that...
    Yes good point I shouldn't have sounded disparaging about that. I use Gamersgate a lot myself and 15%+5% in blue coins on it's own would be a big incentive to use them as first choice all the time. If this deal does stick, which I'm doubtful about myself too. So far they still seem to be honouring it though. It seems too good to be true but I figure that in the long run the increase in loyalty and revenue must be worth it for them, I mean they must know that people would exploit the IGN free trial just for this.

Obscure Node
    http://www.reddit.com/r/SteamGameSwa...ution_for_874/

Its a portuguese site, but they have some good deals right now: Human Revolution for $8.74 being the most notable, but also magicka etc on sale.

also, witcher 2 for 15 on amazon, does anyone know if this registers on steam?

edit: after some googling, apparently not.
    Last edited by luker161; 19-02-2012 at 05:46 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luker161 View Post
    also, witcher 2 for 15 on amazon, does anyone know if this registers on steam?

edit: after some googling, apparently not.
    No, it doesn't. If it's the original release, it has SecuROM that's patched out when updated. If it's The Witcher 2.0, it should be DRM-free.

There is a "Happy Hour" at IndieGala. Buy one, get two. Anyone want to split the $10 bundle?

Found these free keys on the Steam RoboBlitz forum. I think they still work:
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2549735

Network Hub
    Nordic Games having a sale over at Gamersgate. They have a ton of random, weird, and sometimes bad stuff. Best known titles are Painkiller, Gothic, Spellforce, and The Guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Corpekata View Post
    Nordic Games having a sale over at Gamersgate. They have a ton of random, weird, and sometimes bad stuff. Best known titles are Painkiller, Gothic, Spellforce, and The Guild.
    ...aka most ex-Jowood titles.

Hey, they have Thandor! I played that more than a decade ago!

Syndicate comes with a free copy of Mirror's Edge on GamersGate. List price is a bit above average (31.45 vs 29.99 at Amazon), but if you did that IGN 15% off thing last weekend it comes out cheaper, at 26.75.