Page 151 of 571 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,020 of 11407

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    Is it worth getting 1, or better going straight to 2?
    Well worth getting both for the price, especially as they are different enough games such that myself and the guy above me both have different preferences.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    Also the have the best music in the known universe.
    Duh, Dynamedion.

Lesser Hivemind Node frightlever's Avatar
    So Inxile Entertainment's (spelt wrong probably, but ya know the Wasteland 2 people) "Bards Tale" - worth it for under a fiver? It got fairly damning reviews if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by frightlever View Post
    So Inxile Entertainment's (spelt wrong probably, but ya know the Wasteland 2 people) "Bards Tale" - worth it for under a fiver? It got fairly damning reviews if I recall correctly.
    I believe it's "inXile Entertainment" - and reviews mean nothing. Metacritic (also means little) says 70/100, which can't be too bad.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frightlever View Post
    For one of the best renditions of "Beer, beer, beer, beer" in any medium - yes, absolutely worth it.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Lesser Hivemind Node frightlever's Avatar
    The Yeas have it then.

I bought it and so far I'm enjoying it.

A long time ago way back in history,
    When all there was to drink was nothin' but cups of tea,
    Along came a man by the name of Charlie Mops,
    And he invented a wonderful drink and he made it out of hops

Obscure Node
    Saints Row: The Third can be had for £7.99 from http://www.pcworlddownloads.co.uk/pr...row-the-third/

You need to use the code "pcgamer20" at the checkout to get the £2 off. It is a Steamworks game so you get a serial that will activate in Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Warble View Post
    Saints Row: The Third can be had for £7.99 from http://www.pcworlddownloads.co.uk/pr...row-the-third/

You need to use the code "pcgamer20" at the checkout to get the £2 off. It is a Steamworks game so you get a serial that will activate in Steam.
    But this site is pretty much UK only, right?

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by renhoelder View Post
    But this site is pretty much UK only, right?
    It's a spin off of PC World, which is a UK based company. At the checkout, it allows to select a country so I guess people out the UK shouldn't have a problem ordering. You might get hit by a currency conversion fee if you pay by card though. I cannot find any thing else out on the site, it might be worth contacting their help desk to check.

Quote Originally Posted by Warble View Post
    It's a spin off of PC World, which is a UK based company. At the checkout, it allows to select a country so I guess people out the UK shouldn't have a problem ordering. You might get hit by a currency conversion fee if you pay by card though. I cannot find any thing else out on the site, it might be worth contacting their help desk to check.
    Well, I can't even click the buy button, without getting a pop-up notifying me that I live in the wrong region :)

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by renhoelder View Post
    Well, I can't even click the buy button, without getting a pop-up notifying me that I live in the wrong region :)
    The best bet for you is £9.85 @ ShopTo then: http://www.shopto.net/DOWNLOAD/VIDEO...e%20Third.html

Network Hub
    Gamersgate's THQ daily deal is Darksiders for 5 USD. Very good deal. Registers on Steam.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DARKSID...s?caff=3884871

Welp, looks like I'll finally give Darksiders a go then. Thanks!
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

IndieRoyale Ninja Lightning Pack is live, ~2.5 € ATM. Includes 5 games by NinjaBee Games, 2 of them Steam redeemable.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

So what's the deal with this Square Enix sale on Steam? Today's deal is the Tomb Raider Saga. I heard good things about Guardian of Light, which is some sort of puzzler. What's the word on the others? I really lost track of these games!

I know some Tomb Raider games are really liked but I personally didn't like any of them, most of all because Lara Croft is a bland character and there is never any interesting story or dialogues. I guess Lara's heritage of being a programmers' wet dream can't be easily overcome. You can't stuff a barbie doll with drama.

Regarding gameplay I found Guardian of Light, the most praised game, boring and quit after several levels.

IMO - if you skip it, no harm done.

Guardian of light is awesome for playing in the same pc with a friend.
    I've heard good things about underworld to the point of buying it during the last steam sale but I haven't got around to play it yet so I can't comment much on it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sopabuena View Post
    So what's the deal with this Square Enix sale on Steam? Today's deal is the Tomb Raider Saga. I heard good things about Guardian of Light, which is some sort of puzzler. What's the word on the others? I really lost track of these games!
    Guardian of Light is one of the best 2 person co-op games I've ever played. It's sort of an action/platform/puzzle game played out with what, in a 2d game, we'd call an isometric camera vantage. The puzzles are genuinely clever, there's a ton of collectible stuff (and it actually does something, in unlocking new toys), and real cooperation is required to progress. If you've got someone to play it with (either locally or online) it's well worth picking up.