Page 153 of 609 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 12161

Thread: PC Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    It is the daily special.
    Metro 2033 is the daily deal, with -75% off, as the banner above the Supreme Commander deal says. It Supreme Commander has been -50% the whole week, or as long as the THQ sale has been going. Plus there would be a countdown at the bottom of deal, if it were the daily deal, like with Metro 2033.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Yes, I cocked up. It got the focus on their Facefuck page this morning hence me getting it wrong.

Lah dee dah.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Reply fail, this is regarding Human Revolution's ending.

This is the trouble, with the ending, there is no difference on what you've done earlier. I don't dislike the ending so much, just found it disappointing that a nonlethal Adam can end it entirely the same way as a lethal one (who you might imagine to have much different views.)

Amazon.com's deals for the next week.

Mass Effect $5.99

Mass Effect 2 $5.99
    Mass Effect Digital Deluxe $8.99
    Mass Effect 1 + Mass Effect 2 Digital Deluxe $11.99

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Actually, how much of a bastards you were does effect the ending voice over.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Actually, how much of a bastards you were does effect the ending voice over.
    So, like Bioshock's worthless difference between bastard and meh-ish endings?

Network Hub
    Nevermind.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Just finished Deus Ex 3, nice ending but kinda easy and relaxed with tinges of horror themes.

It'll likely be 75% on steam in the current week, I whole heartedly recommend the game on the condition you can tolerate stealth, or are quite good at shooters.
    As predicted, the Deus Ex series is the deal of the day on Steam at 75% off. That brings Deus Ex: Human Revolution down to about €10. If you want the DLC as well and you want to be really cheap (or if you're just Dutch), you can save €0,39 by buying the DLC bundle instead of separately!

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Tactical Enhancement Pack €0,74 & Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Explosive Mission Pack €1,14 = €1,88. The 'Tactical Enhancement + Explosive Mission Bundle' is -50% off at €1,49.
    Last edited by Tritagonist; 24-03-2012 at 07:49 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics all for 5.43 - that's 66% off - on Steam for today only. I've never played any of them, I'm ashamed to say. I'll remedy that forthwith.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by ColOfNature View Post
    Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics all for 5.43 - that's 66% off - on Steam for today only. I've never played any of them, I'm ashamed to say. I'll remedy that forthwith.
    Fantastic games - get used to being killed frequently and without much warning tho - save a LOT!!

Steam's RRP for them is sky high tho - I'm sure the sale deal is OK but they're $6 each at GoG everyday - rather than 7 each they're normally on Steam!!

Network Hub
    Regarding Fallout, one of the smaller dealings of the court case with Bethesda and Interplay over the Fallout MMO was the fact that Interplay was selling the original games digitally. One of the things rewarded to Interplay was the ability to sell the games until the end of 2013, at which point they lose the rights. Which means we might see digital retailers not selling the games one day. Granted, the obvious move of Bethesda just letting things go and taking the royalties from sales could happen, but this IS Bethesda, who have been known to make some odd decisions.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Off the still walking corpse of Game I picked up some goodies today, I whole heartedly recommend you capitalise on their demise.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Network Hub
    Off the still walking corpse of Game I picked up some goodies today, I whole heartedly recommend you capitalise on their demise.

While in one today I saw mostly empty shelves :/ A little of topic but does anyone know just how much longer their corpse is going to shamble around until they disappear from the high street entirely?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    This. Friend of mine just bought a copy of Saints Row 3 for 10€ at the local branch, and we're not even in the UK.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Fantastic games - get used to being killed frequently and without much warning tho - save a LOT!!
    Ironically, saving a lot in Fallout 1 actually screwed me over and I couldn't finish the game unless I started completely over, due to how you have a limited number of save slots. In the part where you get a lot of radiation, I kept saving every 5-10 minutes in case I messed up and got an overdose which killed me, hoping that I'd be able to load an earlier save and back out and get the necessary items to make it through.

Well, what I didn't realize (no real spoilers here, don't worry), is that if you do get an overdose, you don't die immediately - you keel over a day later. So, I made it all the way through that section, only to die a short distance after leaving it. Even going back to my earliest save, I couldn't escape without dying. I was about 80% of the way through the game, so I was so mad that I never bothered to go back and play again. I ended up just watching the ending on YouTube instead. The worst part? I mixed up the RadX item with RadAway and loaded up on the wrong thing before entering that area! :(

So beware - if you do play Fallout 1, make sure you don't overdo your saves, or at least back them up to a different directory so that you don't accidentally lose a good save slot!!

Network Hub
    Red Faction Armageddon for 5.00 USD at Gamersgate. Registers on Steam.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-RFA/red...n?caff=3884871

This is also the last day of their THQ sale so may want to snag other stuff if it it tickles your fancy, pretty much everything but brand new stuff is 50 percent off.

Lesser Hivemind Node frightlever's Avatar
    Indiegala 3 is out. Maybe worth pointing out that it's a really weak collection of games, but possibly worth it for cheap.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Today's Squeenix sale on Steam is Dungeon Siege III for 7.50 (or DS 1,2,3 and 3's expansion for 9.49)

Bit of a waste of time given that DS3 alone is <4 on Zavvi and <3 on Amazon - 1 and 2 are pennies from eBay and so on...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Bit of a waste of time given that DS3 alone is <4 on Zavvi and <3 on Amazon - 1 and 2 are pennies from eBay and so on...
    Add in shipping (for eBay) and you're looking at another 3-4 on top of that, so you're already at 7.