Page 167 of 569 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217267 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,340 of 11362

Thread: PC Bargains

Faerie Solitarie for Linux is PWYW (1$ min) on Gameolith.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Faerie Solitarie for Linux is PWYW (1$ min) on Gameolith.
    Sorry to burst your bargain bubble, but you can download Faerie Solitaire for free on Linux, Mac, or Windows at the bottom of the developer's Infinity Bundle page. I played an embarrassing amount of it a few nights ago when I should have been playing something more hardcore. Has kind of a mahjong tile matching feel to it. It gets a little repetitive but is still compulsive. Dunno why it has some of the same sound effects as Plants vs Zombies. Nice little game.

I'd consider buying something of theirs in the future, but don't think I'm going to lay down $27 for all of their future games.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eRa View Post
    That's probably the lowest price yet. And the first time GameFly has a good deal since butchering Direct2Drive. Have they fixed Rage? I recall some texture streaming issues or some such after launch.
    Nothing like an official patch but I guess Id figures (correctly) that PC gamers aren't averse to DIY config editing. There's some fixes to be found as stickies on the Steam Rage forums and more at http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/RAGE

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    It's Steamworks with optional Uplay functionality (all within the game itself).
    Just for the record, Uplay seems to be mandatory in R.U.S.E. One has to create or use an existing ubi.com/Uplay account to even see the main menu. However, is does work completely offline once set up.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    Just for the record, Uplay seems to be mandatory in R.U.S.E. One has to create or use an existing ubi.com/Uplay account to even see the main menu. However, is does work completely offline once set up.
    Really? I don't remember ever having to do that.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Really? I don't remember ever having to do that.
    I can confirm that is exactly what I had to do to even see the main menu after I bought it at the recent sale. Of course, I didn't remember my ubisoft account details and had a mini-fit that I couldn't skip past that part.

Oh. Well, it's been like two years or something since I got R.U.S.E. so my memory is a bit rusty.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by icupnimpn2 View Post
    Has kind of a mahjong tile matching feel to it.
    It's a nicely re-rigged version of Tri-Peaks/Hi Lo/Golf/Spit Solitaire - empty the stacks by taking cards 1 above or below the waste card (suit irrelevant) - they've added a scoring system and some detritus to collect which unlocks pets etc.

I've had it a while and I like it BUT I think their obsession with Faeries etc. is a bit 90s and a bit girly for most gamers (pirates, monkeys or zombies is more like it but each to their own perhaps)??

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    I've had it a while and I like it BUT I think their obsession with Faeries etc. is a bit 90s and a bit girly for most gamers (pirates, monkeys or zombies is more like it but each to their own perhaps)??
    There is a Fairway Solitaire as well. Same thing really, only in golf flavor.
    Last edited by Trelow; 19-04-2012 at 05:32 AM. Reason: I'm derp

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Golf is worse than fairies.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

It's incredibly gender-neutral.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    A GamersGate newsletter:
    The 24 hours only deals for this week
    includes:
    From Dust - Save 70% on Thursday
    Assassins Creed Revelation - Save 50%
    on Friday -note, the Ass Rev base price on GamersGate is a nonsensical 48 and change. Will the 50% be off the games effective price of 30 or the nonsense rrp.
    Might & Magic Heroes VI - Save 60% on
    Saturday
    Silent Hunter 5 Battle of the Atlantic -
    Save 75% on Sunday
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 19-04-2012 at 07:47 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Mount and Blade - the entire package on Steam for less than $10 US. http://store.steampowered.com/sub/14259/.

Just an fyi.

Network Hub
    New Humble Bundle is up. Machinarium dev guys' catalogue. Includes the brand new Botanicula http://www.humblebundle.com/

If you care about Steam keys the minimum has been raised to 5 dollars.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    To the Ubisoft execs reading this thread: I was going to buy From Dust for $20 when it came out, but due to the DRM and the confusion, I didn't. I'm considering buying it now that its $4.50.

Quote Originally Posted by Smashbox View Post
    To the Ubisoft execs reading this thread: I was going to buy From Dust for $20 when it came out, but due to the DRM and the confusion, I didn't. I'm considering buying it now that its $4.50.
    How is the DRM situation on From Dust, better than at launch I hope?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by renhoelder View Post
    How is the DRM situation on From Dust, better than at launch I hope?
    No longer requires an Internet connection.

Chernobyl Terrorist Attack is on sale at GMG! I sort of want to play it. Can't be worse than The Stalin Subway!

Quote Originally Posted by Corpekata View Post
    If you care about Steam keys the minimum has been raised to 5 dollars.
    Eh 90+% windows buyers probably care about those. I was totally supporting them when the minimum was introduced in HIB4 to stop the xmas lottery 'scam', but at this rate I'm beginning to wonder how long before they ditch the PWYW model altogether.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    I think it only helps them, the biggest running joke on Steam forums is the shame of having that game on their profile, and it's used as a rickroll there.
    From Dust is a great game, but make sure you buy Populous:The Beginning on GOG. Just added yesterday, intabuy for me. How could I miss this? One of my favourite games ever.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?