Page 168 of 602 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218268 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,360 of 12036

Thread: PC Bargains

Lesser Hivemind Node TillEulenspiegel's Avatar
    PWYW has always been something of a strange model relying almost entirely on goodwill. HIB keeps that going with their charity thing, but other bundles might do better to move to a more explicit Kickstartery pricing structure, where $5 is the minimum, $10 gets you extras, etc.

I don't really mind the minimum price. It's still a very good deal and if you're willing to pay less than that, you are most likely a terrible human being anyway.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TillEulenspiegel View Post
    PWYW has always been something of a strange model relying almost entirely on goodwill. HIB keeps that going with their charity thing, but other bundles might do better to move to a more explicit Kickstartery pricing structure, where $5 is the minimum, $10 gets you extras, etc.
    That's pretty much what Indie Gala has done these last couple of rounds, and I'm not a huge fan of it. Now, I'd love a flexible bundle. Give me a selection. Here are 8 games in the bundle. Get any 5 for $5 or all eight for $7.50. Something like that would be fantastic.

FTR the HIB guys have confirmed the minimum price has been increased because the game is new.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Network Hub
    Gamersgate is having a rather massive Square Enix sale putting the Ubisoft sale to shame. Pretty much all their stuff is 75 percent off, including DLC. All the usual suspects like Deus Ex, Lara Croft, Hitman, Just Cause, etc. Several games are Steamworks. Appears to be a weekend deal.

Random AFF link: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DEHR/de...-?caff=3884871
    Random non AFF link: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-JC2/just-cause-2

To find the rest just head to the front page and hit offers. There's also a Square Enix sale ad but it is currently broken and leads nowhere.

]Steamworks games are:
    Deus Ex Human Revolution (and DLC)
    Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (and DLC)
    Kane and Lynch 2 (and DLC)
    Just Cause 2 (and DLC)
    Dungeon Siege 3 (and DLC)
    Order of War
    Last edited by Corpekata; 20-04-2012 at 04:53 AM.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Corpekata View Post
    Gamersgate is having a rather massive Square Enix sale putting the Ubisoft sale to shame. Pretty much all their stuff is 75 percent off, including DLC. All the usual suspects like Deus Ex, Lara Croft, Hitman, Just Cause, etc. Several games are Steamworks. Appears to be a weekend deal.

Random AFF link: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DEHR/de...-?caff=3884871
    Random non AFF link: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-JC2/just-cause-2

To find the rest just head to the front page and hit offers. There's also a Square Enix sale ad but it is currently broken and leads nowhere.

]Steamworks games are:
    Deus Ex Human Revolution (and DLC)
    Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (and DLC)
    Kane and Lynch 2 (and DLC)
    Just Cause 2 (and DLC)
    Dungeon Siege 3 (and DLC)
    Order of War
    DX:HR is cheaper on Shopto downloads, and has been for a while. It's something like 6.85 for the standard edition and 9.85 for the augmented edition
    eta: http://www.shopto.net/DOWNLOAD/VIDEO GAMES/DWNLD26867-Deus Ex Human Revolution.html (non-AFF link)
    DLC is normal price though
    Last edited by applecup; 20-04-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Looks like we've got 50% off various Nordic (so old JoWood) games happening on GOG this weekend, along with The Witcher EE still at 50% off due to the sequels EE launch.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    I don't really mind the minimum price. It's still a very good deal and if you're willing to pay less than that, you are most likely a terrible human being anyway.
    How long will it be before people grow-up and realise the value of something - and even the value of money - varies from one person to the next.

To some people, 20 is pocket-change - to others it's a LOT of their spare cash, judging them by your own personal circumstances makes you an ass...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    wrong thread - sorry, ignore me!
    Last edited by trjp; 20-04-2012 at 10:14 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Mount & Blade Collection is heavily discounted this weekend on Steam - Mount & Blade/Warband/With Fire & Sword 2.49/3.74/1.99 or together for 6.25.

Edit: Seems this "weekend deal" has been up since the 19th... Bah.
    Last edited by Danny252; 21-04-2012 at 03:24 PM.

Network Hub
    A Valley Without Wind is releasing in a few days, and it is going up in price from 10 USD to 15. I'd suggest snagging it if it interests you, save a few bucks. Devs have said they will give Steam keys to those that want them provided Valve allows them too, which they expect (I imagine given Arcen's participation in Valve's promotions that they are on good enough terms that this will happen), though they can't 100 percent promise it. Game is on sale all over the place atm, Gamersgate, Impulse, their own website, etc.

Selected games from 1C for $5 a piece on amazon.com, plus you get one for free:

1C sale

Wow, King's Bounty Platinum Edition for $5 is insane value.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Putting 1C games on sale a week after Gamersgate's "$20 for everything 1C ever published" sale just seems silly.

However, if you can't be bothered with the vast majority of that pack, you could get 8 1C games for $20 on Amazon, which is better IMO. If I had more time these days I would jump on that KB pack myself.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oshada View Post
    However, if you can't be bothered with the vast majority of that pack, you could get 8 1C games for $20 on Amazon, which is better IMO. If I had more time these days I would jump on that KB pack myself.
    Jump on it regardless. You will not get it that good elsewhere.

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Putting 1C games on sale a week after Gamersgate's "$20 for everything 1C ever published" sale just seems silly.
    The 1C Complete pack on GamersGate wasn't entirely complete. If someone is a true completionist, they may like to fill out the rest of their roster from Amazon with:
    • Konung 2
    • GM Rally
    • Theatre of War
    • Red Shark
    • Dawn of Magic 2
    • 4X4 Hummer
    Maybe others?

Network Hub
    Konung 2 was in the complete pack.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Today's Steam daily is Warhammer 40K: Space Marine, 60% off. Whilst the single player is slightly derivative, it's satisfying and fun enough to play through. Do so on the harder difficulty, I recommend, because it's a bit more strategic and requires a bit more thinking. That being said, if you want to go ballistic and chopz doze orkz, then by all means go on a lower level. The multiplayer also consists of two competitive modes, 4vs4, with a TDM and capture and hold (think Conquest from Battlefield). There is also a horde mode for up to 4 players up against bots. Fair warning; whilst the MP is pretty well balanced and has some cool things, such as being able to mimic the person who just killed set-up on revive, it uses peer to peer and it, unfortunately, shows.

It's a very good package at the price it is. DLC is not included, however.