Results 3,401 to 3,420 of 11672

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    PC remake of Armalyte (side scroller schmup) free for a day

http://www.rgcd.co.uk/2012/04/happy-birthday-rgcd.html
    (Download expired!)

Great... :'(
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Network Hub
    The problem with netbooks is not the processor, but rather the graphics. Intel graphics and gaming do not go together, especially the shit they put in netbooks.

A shame considering the graphics quality you can get from a tablet or phone these days.

So... Sniper Elite is 1,74€ in Steam. http://store.steampowered.com/app/3700/

I've never played it, so I'd like to know... Is it worth it?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    For those interested in the Torchlight 2 4-pack, we're arranging groups in this thread.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    A further related question after those two helpful responses:
    Would increasing the system RAM make much difference then? The integrated graphics share the system memory, so I'm wondering if doubling that would actually effect performance in 3D games.

I'm not expecting miracles, I'm just wondering if it's worth the money.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Network Hub
    RAM will help with things like Football Manager (though the resolution makes it pretty much unplayable anyway) but not much else. I bumped my netbook from 1gb to 2gb but really it had no impact on gaming. RAM will just let you have more tabs in firefox etc. The general rule with netbooks (unless they're one of the fancy ones with nvidia graphics) is forget anything 3d, stick to popcap, old games, etc. Hell even snes/megadrive emulators can be a bit of a struggle on the bloody things. Really rather glad I ditched mine and spent a fairly tiny 700 on a laptop (nice core i7 8GB RAM NVIDIA 550M [2GB]), not a huge amount for some proper gaming goodness, runs skyrim on maximum settings quite comfortably. If you've got the cash, upgrade from the netbook.
    Last edited by hariseldon; 28-04-2012 at 10:53 PM. Reason: I aer retard and forgot stuff

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
    The problem with netbooks is not the processor, but rather the graphics. Intel graphics and gaming do not go together, especially the shit they put in netbooks.
    Depends on the Netbook - early models with 1.6ghz single core processor and GMA950 chips are useless - but later models with dual-cores and better chipsets will play most 'non AAA' stuff just fine.

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
    If you've got the cash, upgrade from the netbook.
    Thanks for the tips. I've got a pretty decent gaming laptop at home... Only problem is home is 16,000kms away. I'll be home in 5 months, until then I have to make do.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Network Hub
    Tropico 4: 26.36$, Dungeon Siege 3: 34.27$, Disciples 3 Resurrection: 19.95$, Two Worlds 2: 30$, The First Templar: 21$
    at Green Man Gaming.

Deus Ex: HR is on sale for the umpteenth time on amazon.com, shame on you if you still haven't picked it up. The augmented edition is only $6.99, which may be the cheapest i've seen it so far. Dungeon Siege III is also on sale for $4.99. I personally have no interest in it, but there you go.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...rd_i=979455011

Network Hub
    Boy Amazon really is doing these sales properly shame they are "not available" properly in the UK yet, Dungeon Siege 3 might be of more interest if Torchlight 2 wasn't just around the corner

Quote Originally Posted by qizarate View Post
    Deus Ex: HR is on sale for the umpteenth time on amazon.com, shame on you if you still haven't picked it up. The augmented edition is only $6.99, which may be the cheapest i've seen it so far. Dungeon Siege III is also on sale for $4.99. I personally have no interest in it, but there you go.

Just got the augmented edition off this, thanks. FYI, it includes the tactical enhancement DLC, not sure if that's standard with the augmented edition or not, but there you go.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by goatmonkey View Post
    Boy Amazon really is doing these sales properly shame they are "not available" properly in the UK yet, Dungeon Siege 3 might be of more interest if Torchlight 2 wasn't just around the corner
    Not really the same sort of game - and the cost of DS3 means it's churlish to complain surely??

UFO:Afterlight is the Steam DotD - any good??

Network Hub
    Gamersgate appears to be having a Sega week, though like usual, they have a mishmash of stuff up on Sunday while they take things down and put the new stuff up. Few things not on sale at all yet that I expect will be added in a bit.

Highlights:
    Football Manager 2012: 9.00 USD
    Total War Shogun 2 DLC in a variety of discounts
    Sonic Generations 15.00 USD
    Condemned Criminal Origins 8.00 USD (mentioned mainly because it doesn't go on sale much)
    Most of the Total War base games on sale for the usual prices
    Sonic CD 2.50 USD

Random AFF link http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-FM2012/...2?caff=3884871

Randon NON AFF: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-M2TW/me...r-gold-edition

A lot of Sega's stuff from the past few years is Steamworks so registers on there (Shogun 2, Sonic Generations, Renegade Ops, Football Manager).

There's also another sale on Magicka and it's dozen DLC going on right now.
    Last edited by Corpekata; 30-04-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Condemned Criminal Origins is so good, such a shame we didn't get the sequel on pc, far superior to fear.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Corpekata View Post
    Football Manager 2012: 9.00 USD
    Seriously? It's showing 15 euros for me :(

I've been thinking of getting it for a while now because I loved the old manager game. But the nice thing about the old game was that you only ever had to watch a few stats, and the new ones seem more like spreadsheet manager (coming from a former EVE trader and manufacturer :) ). Can I get by with just paying attention to a few important numbers and hope for the best or I do really have to control every aspect of every player?

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by qizarate View Post

Does anyone know if this will activate on Steam?

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    It should. I believe it's a Steamworks game.

Quote Originally Posted by CrinnyCow View Post
    Does anyone know if this will activate on Steam?
    Yes, it did.