Page 172 of 594 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,440 of 11870

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Gamersgate has Sonic CD for 2, 50% off. It registers on Steam.

Sonic CD is a 'classic' 2D Sonic title, but with more emphasis on exploration in the levels than speed running, although that's certainly possible. This latest remake really sets the bar on how to do remakes properly, with a variety of features that enhance the game from its original creation 20 years ago. For a lot of Sonic fans, it's their favourite 2D Sonic, for fewer it's not as good as the traditional trilogy and disinteresting, but not necessarily bad. It also has 360 controller support off-the-bat. Feel free to share any thoughts/ask for further impressions in the RPS Sonic thread!
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Network Hub
    I have a dual-core netbook and can assure you it's quite terrible for gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Dungeon Siege III: What say you, gang?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashbox View Post
    More like Jade Empire than Diablo. Go for it.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    I seem to have a pretty big misconception about what Dungeon Siege 3 is, still I have so many half played games right now I really can afford to add anything else to my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Now I want to play Jade Empire again damn you!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Gamersgate has Sonic CD for 2, 50% off. It registers on Steam.
    Its a game I always wanted to try, so i guess i cant argue with paying 1.70 (hello ign discount), for the same price is the MegaDrive/Genesis Coop Roguelike Toejam & Earl http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-TJE/toejam-and-earl

That's right, its a Roguelike with cooperative play. Optionally procedurally generated worlds(a default exists too), with items with hidden consequences until tried for the first time and cooperative play which is not just "support fire", you can help your team mate in combat, share items and health with them (using a high five) and draw enemy attention.

The game also has dynamic split screen which would merge your screens while you are close together.
    Literally ahead of its time.

edit: the music is also awesome.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
    I have a dual-core netbook and can assure you it's quite terrible for gaming.
    Which one and which games are we talking about here??

Given that it's a Netbook - I was generally impressed with what would work on a newish Samsung Netbook (dual core integrated graphics wotsit). Certainly it ironed out the black-hole that was the single-core/GMA950 'will barely run retro titles' models.

We're talking Torchlight and other indies titles tho - not Batman AA/AC or MW3...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashbox View Post
    One of the few action RPGs that won't be made obsolete when Diablo 3 hits. Get it. And use a gamepad.

I assume you're looking at the Amazon $5 deal?
    Last edited by Giaddon; 01-05-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    One of the few action RPGs that won't be made obsolete when Diablo 3 hits. Get it. And use a gamepad.
    I agree with what he said. So don't waste your time and go play Dungeon Siege III already.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    One of the few action RPGs that won't be made obsolete when Diablo 3 hits.
    I'm sorry, what is Diablo 3 going to render "obsolete" exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    I'm sorry, what is Diablo 3 going to render "obsolete" exactly?
    All titles not featuring state-of-the-art, future-proof, always-on DRM ?
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    All titles not featuring state-of-the-art, future-proof, always-on DRM ?
    I was thinking "all titles not designed around a real money auction house" but yours works too. It just struck me as a profoundly silly thing to say, I've seen nothing about Diablo 3 that looks revolutionary in a good way.

ouch, I had forgotten about that. You win!
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Alpha Protocol is beautiful, charming and slightly broken(people with less than perfect vision are going to struggle with hacking, people with perfect vision will still struggle at first).

It's 3 on GamersGate [So unaffiliated it hurts] www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-ALP/alpha-protocol
    And it's one of my all time favourites, in a bunch of ways it is the ultimate guns and conversation game despite its slight shonkiness.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Alpha Protocol is beautiful, charming and slightly broken(people with less than perfect vision are going to struggle with hacking, people with perfect vision will still struggle at first).

It's 3 on GamersGate [So unaffiliated it hurts] www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-ALP/alpha-protocol
    And it's one of my all time favourites, in a bunch of ways it is the ultimate guns and conversation game despite its slight shonkiness.
    Playing it again right now and honestly I could happily restart it as soon as I'm finished. It's just so fascinating to see what events your choices set off, what little differences there are between each playthrough. There are elements which could have done with tweaking but like you it's become one of my favourites.

Also I have the hacking down, even with the mouse trying its hardest to move at the last second.

Yeah, by the end of my first run I was hacking with ease, but I don't fault anyone who found it impossible.

My only issue with alpha protocol was being forwarded forced to kill a certain sniper rifle user near the end after literally killing no-one the whole game. It wasn't as annoying as DXHR because my pistol and stealth powers still "worked" but in narrative terms making me kill someone I liked was a massive betrayal.

Obscure Node
    Thanks for the heads up on this one.