Page 175 of 541 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225275 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,500 of 10817

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    I believe all non-Gamersgate CK2 copies are Steamworks (which is becoming something of a worrying trend with Paradox, lately).
    That's CK2, Casimir is asking about CK1 Complete.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    That's CK2, Casimir is asking about CK1 Complete.
    Oops, I think I need some more coffee. Thanks for catching that, editing now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Batman: Arkham City and all DLC are 50% off this weekend on Steam, making it €14 for the base game. It looks like Batman: Arkham Asylum is also on sale, 66% off, for €6,80.

Sanctum, the FPS/Tower Defense in a Sci-Fi setting, is free to play this weekend, and the game and all DLC are 75% off, making it €2,50.
    Last edited by Tritagonist; 03-05-2012 at 10:58 PM.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Sanctum, the FPS/Tower Defense in a Sci-Fi setting, is free to play this weekend, and the game and all DLC are 75% off, making it €2,50.
    Sanctum is by far my favorite action/tower defense hybrid, to the degree that I find it hard to play any of the other ones now. It's truly outstanding, with some genuinely deep strategic/geometric optimization that needs to be done (along with some solid, frantic shooting) to beat the higher difficulties. Definitely worth a try if you're into that kind of thing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Orcs must Die pips sanctum for me because if the creative freedom the levels offer. Sanctum is very clearly great, I just tire of having to snipe a jiggling enemy from the start of the round to the end to achieve optimisation. Where in OMD optimisation is more about generating farcically complicated deaths.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Sanctum is by far my favorite action/tower defense hybrid (...) Definitely worth a try if you're into that kind of thing.
    I had good fun with Orcs Must Die! earlier this year, so I picked up the game+DLC collection for €5,-. Can't be too bad, and the setting looks fun.

Batman: Arkham City seems like a good deal too, as it is constantly named in Top 10 games of 2011 lists and so on. However, after watching a few YouTube videos of actual gameplay I'm not sure if it's something I'd like. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of choice in how you approach the levels and fights, and there's a seemingly constant prompt to do things like "Press F to take down enemy behind curtain".
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Batman: Arkham City seems like a good deal too, as it is constantly named in Top 10 games of 2011 lists and so on. However, after watching a few YouTube videos of actual gameplay I'm not sure if it's something I'd like. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of choice in how you approach the levels and fights, and there's a seemingly constant prompt to do things like "Press F to take down enemy behind curtain".
    Firstly, if you've not played Batman: Arkham Asylum - GET THAT FIRST. It's an absolute rock-solid near-perfect Batman experience and a bloody great game.

Batman: Arkham City is the same game given the sandbox treatment (tho AA isn't 100% linear as there's other stuff to do besides the story) and (IMO) dumbed down a touch made a bit less special in the process. If you like AA, you'll still like AC but it's by no means essential if you felt AA gave you as much Batman as you could cope with.

Also, AC relies on GFWL and many people have had nightmarish experiences with GFWL deleting their saves - certainly I'll be giving the PC release a total miss on that basis alone - that and the fact I find AC just a diluted and stretched-thin version of AA anyway - sandbox for the sake of it and nothing really new added outside of that.

Network Hub
    For those that don't mind the hassle of getting around the US only Amazon restriction (which is rather easy) great deal coming starting Sunday. Psychonauts will be 2 bucks Sunday only, 4 bucks for the rest of the week, Costume Quest is 2.99 USD, and Stacking is 7.50 USD. There's also a collection pack for 9.99. All games are the Steam versions.

Deal starts on the 6th.

Thanks for the heads up, i'll almost certainly be picking up psychonauts for $2, whilst simultaneously feeling guilty for picking up such a great game for so little money. I'm not sure when i began to feel this kind of inverse buyer's remorse, it's something that's usually quite alien to me.
    Last edited by qizarate; 04-05-2012 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Firstly, if you've not played Batman: Arkham Asylum - GET THAT FIRST. It's an absolute rock-solid near-perfect Batman experience and a bloody great game. (...) I find AC just a diluted and stretched-thin version of AA anyway - sandbox for the sake of it and nothing really new added outside of that.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I think I'll pick that up instead. I've never had much interest in the Batman scene, but the seemingly endless amounts of positive reviews and user feedback about these games have made me curious.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Anyone know if Stacking and Costume Quest are Steamworks or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    Anyone know if Stacking and Costume Quest are Steamworks or not?
    That is what the above post says.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    That'll teach me to read threads before my morning coffee. ;)

Rebellion games are 50% off this weekend over at gog.com. That includes:
    -All the empire earths.
    -evil genius
    -both ground controls (i think i'll be picking up the sequel, have been meaning to for a while)
    -Lords of Magic
    -Lords of the Realm
    -Sniper Elite
    I've handily omitted the crap ones...or perhaps you would disagree. The promo page can be found here, anyhow: http://www.gog.com/promo/rebellion_bullseye

Network Hub
    Sniper Elite was for roughly 2€ on Steam few days back..

Activated Node
    Just got this Tweet. Free is a bargain right?
    GamersGate
    @GamersGate

It couldn't have something to do with our upcoming project could it? No, no... who would not want free games?

Might be worth linking the tweet that comes beforehand to give it context.

Here.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Presumably FreeGames (or VOID or whatever they're calling it now) is coming out of beta, or they're adding a bunch of games to it or something.

Twitter is blocked where I'm at. What's the situation?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    "Just found this note, slid under our office door! Looks like someone is very upset."

Then a picture of a ransom-type note saying "Gamersgate. This is a warning. Stop what you're doing or else..."

Not all that exciting really, though it's nice to see alternate distribution models (particularly for games without a demo)