Page 176 of 609 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,520 of 12161

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qizarate View Post
    Rebellion games are 50% off this weekend over at gog.com.
    It's sad that Rogue Trooper is still with Eidos. That game is SO GOOD.
    I'm sort of baffled they're not making another Judge Dredd game now that there's a movie coming.

Since Dungeon Siege 3 is 5$ at amazon.com (game downloads), what does the forum think about it?
    Apart from the key bindings, which are total crap.

Edit: I see I have not gone back enough pages to check whether someone else already asked the same question.
    Last edited by Labbes; 04-05-2012 at 07:27 PM.

Obscure Node
    I played Dungeon Siege 3 with a gamepad and it worked fine. I think it would probably be a bit messy with keyboard and mouse. It's a fun game even though the game systems are a bit all over the place, the maps are extremely linear (and painfully narrow) and the combat a bit repetitive. I enjoyed the story for the most part.

I'd recommend it if you are a fan of the genre. The combat system is more like Dragon Age 2 (without the ability to give orders or pause) than the predecessors. You control one character and use abilities which has cooldowns. You also have two stances for each character that you can switch at any point in battles.

I played through the game + DLC in 18 hours so there is a decent amount of content.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Freud View Post
    The combat system is more like Dragon Age 2 (without the ability to give orders or pause) than the predecessors. You control one character and use abilities which has cooldowns.
    Huh? The system is nothing like DA2 and your abilities don't have cooldowns.

But yes, the game is great.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freud View Post
    The combat system is more like Dragon Age 2 (without the ability to give orders or pause)
    In other words, it's traditional hack 'n' slash/action RPG game play.

Gamersgate are having a Sega sale week.

Looking at the list, I never even knew Billy Hatcher had a PC release.
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    Gamersgate are having a Sega sale week.

Looking at the list, I never even knew Billy Hatcher had a PC release.
    ...That's crazy. First I've ever heard of it as well.

Sabrage recommends Vectorman and Shinobi III: Revenge of the Shinobi Master to those of you who are Genesis/Mega Drive deprived, so... Classics Collection 1 seems the way to go.
    Last edited by sabrage; 05-05-2012 at 05:34 PM.

If you want a fairly solid racer for single-player or same-PC split-screen, I'll throw in a recommendation for Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing.

It's not the prettiest game, it's not the best racer and so on, but it's fairly good, performs well and is great for killing time. I certainly don't regret spending money on it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I also strongly recommend Sonic Generations as an all-round great platformer, as well as for people who've ever enjoyed it, as well as the Sonic CD re-release which is really well done and sets a high-bar for re-releases. I'm sure there are other, non-Sonic games there of interest...like Renegade Ops, you should definitely get that.

Oh, and don't buy Sonic 4 Episode 1 if you're expecting a traditionally classic Sonic game.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    I'm sure there are other, non-Sonic games there of interest...like Renegade Ops, you should definitely get that.
    Unless you have extremely limited patience.

Just a quick note for anyone thinking of picking up Shogun 2 in the gamersgate sega sale. It's actually cheaper (4.59) to buy a boxed copy from amazon, and it's always nice to have boxes: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shogun-Total...6252766&sr=1-1

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Unless you have extremely limited patience.
    Renegops is old-school arcade-action in that it does like to say "Oh you died - do that ALL OVER AGAIN" quite a bit.

The thing is tho, it's so much FUN that you hardly care (if you do care, you probably shouldn't be playing it in the first place!!)

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Renegops is old-school arcade-action in that it does like to say "Oh you died - do that ALL OVER AGAIN" quite a bit.

The thing is tho, it's so much FUN that you hardly care (if you do care, you probably shouldn't be playing it in the first place!!)
    I was thinking more about the controls. They're a pain in the arse.

This was brought up a little while ago, but just as a reminder, amazon's Oh so fine bundle went on sale today.

psychonauts+stacking+costume quest: $9.99
    psychonauts: $1.99
    stacking: $7.49
    costume quest: $2.99

I'll certainly be picking up psychonauts m'self. Played the demo years and years ago, loved it but never got round to picking it up. It will be something to dive into after playing the stay-up-all-night-to-finish-essays game.

edit: Whoops, forgot the link - http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...rd_i=979455011

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I was thinking more about the controls. They're a pain in the arse.
    Plug-in 360 controller, play

What's so difficult??

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Plug-in 360 controller, play

What's so difficult??
    Cars handle like drunks, shooting is more about Spray'n'Pray than anything else.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Cars handle like drunks, shooting is more about Spray'n'Pray than anything else.
    Did you turn on the alternate control settings with the 360 pad (assuming you have one)? I forget whether it defaults to tank controls or the opposite, but you want the one that it doesn't default to. I did, as the WIT noted, flip over quite a bit still, but I chalked that up to inexperience.

I think I switched it to tank but didn't notice a difference.

Nevermind, worked out what I was doing wrong. I was using that Roxy or Dixy or whatever her name is.

Switched to one of the DLC characters and it's fine now. But the game's still a dick. I got a rating of "Poor" yet it doesn't explain why :(

Network Hub
    http://www.shopto.net/DOWNLOAD/VIDEO...e%20Third.html

Saint's Row the Third for 6.85 pounds, or roughly 11 USD. Steamworks.

Speaking of this deal, looking for a Brit to do some data smuggling for me. Shopto doesn't like Americans for downloads (hell, I can't even register on the website, but that appears to be an issue with just me). Looking to do a trade of roughly equal value on whatever site you like. Game is Steamworks so the user would just need to copy paste the key.