Page 177 of 589 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,540 of 11772

Thread: PC Bargains

Gamestop (former Impulse) is selling King Arthur 2 for 10 euros. That's a price I could pay even with the technical issues the game apparently still has. But with Warlock and Diablo 3 around the corner, guess I'll skip this one yet again.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Quote Originally Posted by jnx View Post
    Gamestop (former Impulse) is selling King Arthur 2 for 10 euros. That's a price I could pay even with the technical issues the game apparently still has. But with Warlock and Diablo 3 around the corner, guess I'll skip this one yet again.
    Asides from the technical issues, even part one runs not all too smoothly in big battles, how is the AI in part two?
    The battlefield AI of the first one was stupid to the point where you could win with just one fast unit running around capturing victory locations.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Cars handle like drunks, shooting is more about Spray'n'Pray than anything else.
    That's weird because, to me, it feels spot-on and is huge fun.

Did you ever play Jackal? The Konami arcade machine this is clearly inspired by. My fave game ever, the ONLY arcade machine I can clock...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    That's weird because, to me, it feels spot-on and is huge fun.

Did you ever play Jackal? The Konami arcade machine this is clearly inspired by. My fave game ever, the ONLY arcade machine I can clock...
    I said in an earlier post that I realised the problem was me choosing the wrong character. I didn't realise the others handled so differently. I switched to Crystal and all's better now. I think the Railgun is a bit too reliant on precision for a twinstick, but once I chose her I really began to get into it.

And no, I haven't played Jackal.

Is anyone else having trouble with Gamestop Downloads? I wanted to start downloading Arkham City, but I can't even login. The forum indicates that their servers have been down since yesterday. Apparently they have a new version (which they are annoyingly calling an "app") of the program. Not everyone seems happy about those changes, but many, like me, cannot even login.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    Is anyone else having trouble with Gamestop Downloads? I wanted to start downloading Arkham City, but I can't even login. The forum indicates that their servers have been down since yesterday. Apparently they have a new version (which they are annoyingly calling an "app") of the program. Not everyone seems happy about those changes, but many, like me, cannot even login.
    I just blew the dust off my old copy of Impulse and it worked fine (except for taking ages to log in), although I didn't actually try and actually do anything.

Edit: No wait I tell a lie it didn't log in at all, it just gave up and popped up my games list in offline mode.
    Last edited by Janek; 06-05-2012 at 10:31 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by eRa View Post
    Asides from the technical issues, even part one runs not all too smoothly in big battles, how is the AI in part two?
    The battlefield AI of the first one was stupid to the point where you could win with just one fast unit running around capturing victory locations.
    The effect of locations on morale was removed; they're still in there but now all you get from capturing them is their bonus effect (spell/bonus resource after the battle etc). In terms of the AI it's fairly competent, although the combat has been overhauled somewhat, particularly with characters and magic. Usually the AI manages fairly well, but it's still prone to the odd outbreak of stupidity from time to time. I found the battles rather more engaging this time out, but whether that's because the AI has actually improved or simply that the combat overhaul lets it play to it's strengths I couldn't say.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Crap, wish I'd bought Dungeon Siege 3 while it was on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    Crap, wish I'd bought Dungeon Siege 3 while it was on sale.
    I too thought that Katarina looked good.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Yeah, not sure about the face though.

If you're in the UK then you can buy it for 5 or less via the Sold Out range.

Seriously.

Obscure Node
    Amazon: Double Fine Bundle (Psychonauts, Costume Quest and Stacking) as a download for $9.99

Network Hub
    I too thought that Katarina looked good.
    I would have purchased the game for sheer novelty value for having an item called "fierce stockings" had I known they were in there

GoG.com has Alan Wake for $14,99.

Quote Originally Posted by eRa View Post
    GoG.com has Alan Wake for $14,99.
    Minus half of the extras you get in the retail version, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Minus half of the extras you get in the retail version, I believe.
    Their little news blurb mentioned to stay tuned for more extras, which is a little weird unless there were additional rights they had to secure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    Their little news blurb mentioned to stay tuned for more extras, which is a little weird unless there were additional rights they had to secure.
    Indeed. Think I'll get the retail version instead.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    What do you see is missing from the GOG version of Alan Wake?

Network Hub
    Soundtrack appears to be the big thing from just a cursory glance.

Quote Originally Posted by Corpekata View Post
    Soundtrack appears to be the big thing from just a cursory glance.
    Yup, and considering GOG made a big "We include a soundtrack with every game!" gesture at their last conference (note: they don't. Most do, however) it's a bit of an egg-facial considering that versions of the game are out for a reasonable price with said content.

And now they're claiming it's "100% Perfect".

Oh, GOG, when will you learn to shut up and just get games out? Your collective mouth has got you into trouble before.