Page 178 of 586 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228278 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,560 of 11714

Thread: PC Bargains

Uhm, 22 pounds is over twice as much as 15 dollars, no?
    I for one am very happy with the Alan Wake DRM-free and cheaper release on GOG. It's exactly what I've been waiting for.

I don't care about the soundtrack.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    $15 on sale.

Not saying you're wrong to buy it from GOG, just that for those on the fence the inclusion of physical tat and a soundtrack may sway it, 'cos come on, who watches those dev vids?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Speak of the devil, Alan Wake's turned up on Steam for 11.50 (including the soundtrack and extra gubbins). Admittedly a touch more than GOG, but maybe you really want the soundtrack.

Lol, they've been doing that for a few of GOG's "current" releases. Cheeky.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    Lol, they've been doing that for a few of GOG's "current" releases. Cheeky.
    I imagine it's more to promote Alan Wake's American Nightmare, which is now up for preorder than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    $15 on sale.

Not saying you're wrong to buy it from GOG, just that for those on the fence the inclusion of physical tat and a soundtrack may sway it, 'cos come on, who watches those dev vids?
    Yeah, a bit of weird choice to include the dev vids instead of soundtrack. I'm not complaining though, I already have the collector's edition for X360, so I bought this just to have a PC version and since it's DRM-free... no complaints from me.

GameFly has F.E.A.R. 3 for 3.25.

Portal 2 is 5,09 on Steam. With the new Workshop implemention, it's such a Bargain...

store.steampowered.com/app/620

EDIT: BTW... Which are your thoughts on F.E.A.R. 3? I'm thinking about buying it from GameFly.

Good offer on hugely and unfairly underrated PT Boats: Gold .

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Personally I couldn't get past the ridiculous scores and achievements and stuff popping up in the middle of the screen. Not the best way to build atmosphere, guys. It's a shame because the actual shooting and stuff is solid, although they still haven't recaptured the feel of the original.

Oh, that's a shame. I loved the original. I guess I won't be picking it up, then. :-(

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    Personally I couldn't get past the ridiculous scores and achievements and stuff popping up in the middle of the screen. Not the best way to build atmosphere, guys. It's a shame because the actual shooting and stuff is solid, although they still haven't recaptured the feel of the original.

I only rented it on consoles so I could be wrong but I could've sworn there was a way to turn off the near constant updates on achievement progress.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    If you can find someone to co-op it with it's hell of a lot of fun.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    The action is better than the original's.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    $15 on sale.

Sooner take an extra 25% discount, picking up both Alan Wake and American Nightmare for $26.23, or around 16 at the current rate, not to mention if GOG gets the soundtrack that will be added for free anyway.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by byteCrunch View Post
    Sooner take an extra 25% discount, picking up both Alan Wake and American Nightmare for $26.23, or around 16 at the current rate, not to mention if GOG gets the soundtrack that will be added for free anyway.
    Yeah, but considering GOG's history with PR and shit, I'll stick to physical.

'cos I can.

Obscure Node
    Warlock: Master of the Arcane for 11.99 at PC World Downloads with code pcgamer20:

http://www.pcworlddownloads.co.uk/pr...of-the-arcane/

Activates on steam.
    Last edited by sejm; 08-05-2012 at 11:50 PM.

Fear3 is great. It's *incredibly* stupid, it makes no sense and it doesn't even make any bones about being anything other than a game where you use heavy weaponry to wipe out noisy enemies. With a mech if need be.

This is the first hour (spoiler/not spoilers depending on how precious you are - don't be precious about the plot, you'll lose nothing) and it will break your brain with how daft it is. It's the last half hour of an eighties horror movie where they dispense with the plot and it ends up in a crazy loud special effects fest or something.

It.is.not.scary. Not at all. Doesn't need to be. It's got guns and mechs. It's ace fun and that's an ace price for it. And did I mention it's got a few big stompy mech sections? It's got a few big stompy mech sections.

It's not FEAR, it's definitely not a Monolith game, it's just this game, y'know?
    My actions are in no way born out of some sort of Darwinist offensive
    I just get a bit fidgety times

Epic Games compilation soundtrack, for the price of free.

http://epicgames.com/community/epic-...ign=Soundtrack

Thanks Kodeen. I'm guessing the UT theme will never leave my head ever.