Page 180 of 541 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,600 of 10817

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Steam's weekend deals are Tropico 4 (play for free, too) for 10.19 or so and Company of Heroes.

First CoH is 1.39, the other two are 1.99 - the pack is 5.39. Yup, it's once again cheaper to buy them separately than it is to buy the pack, though for the sake of 0.02p I doubt most people will be bothered. But it's the principle. Or something.

CoH add-ons are worthless anyway.

Yeah but Steve Blum.

Is there a word-filter that changes 'also' to 'but'?

No. But Steve Blum.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Just a question about Tropico 4, I own the gold version of 3 - is it worth bothering with 4? I've never actually played my copy of 3, so yeah.

Network Hub
    There's a free weekend so it costs nothing to find out.

Activated Node
    Someone could download the full game? Tropico 4
    Last edited by nsane; 10-05-2012 at 09:20 PM.

Network Hub
    Join the Rockstar official group on Steam by Tuesday and get a free, nongiftable copy of Midnight Club 2.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/rockstargames

MC2 apparently has issues with newer OSes, but hey, free right? There's apparently some work around too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    So, Company of Heroes, including the two packs (base game and first...xpac (?) and all three things to buy) and each COH is 80% off on Steam.

As someone who likes both Dawn of Wars and wants to see if I want COH2, should I just drop it on all three? It's 5.40. I won't have time to play the first one before the sale ends Alternatively, should I just get the first one then get the second two, if I even like the first one, in the summer sale when they'll probably also be 80% off?
    Last edited by The JG Man; 10-05-2012 at 09:30 PM.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Corpekata View Post
    Join the Rockstar official group on Steam by Tuesday and get a free, nongiftable copy of Midnight Club 2.

MC2 apparently has issues with newer OSes, but hey, free right? There's apparently some work around too.
    For the price, it's worth trying to get it to work. Thanks.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Got this for tuppence a while ago, its not bad, its very PlayStation 2, but if you can tolerate that you are laughing.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    As someone who likes both Dawn of Wars and wants to see if I want COH2, should I just drop it on all three? It's 5.40. I won't have time to play the first one before the sale ends Alternatively, should I just get the first one then get the second two, if I even like the first one, in the summer sale when they'll probably also be 80% off?
    There's quite a lot of game in vanilla, and yeah, considering THQ's financial woes it's almost certain that they'll be at least 75% off again during the Summer sales. But that said, last time they were selling CoH at 80% off (or the time before that) I bought all three bits and don't regret it even if I haven't touched the expansions yet.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Honestly you may as well jump on all 3 now. Having the extra units for skirmish adds quite a lot and 5.40 for the quality of those games is an absolute steal. You won't go wrong really.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    Just a question about Tropico 4, I own the gold version of 3 - is it worth bothering with 4? I've never actually played my copy of 3, so yeah.
    Yup, if anything it's better to skip 3 and move straight to 4. Doubly so if you get the DLC expansion (Modern Times).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by archonsod View Post
    Yup, if anything it's better to skip 3 and move straight to 4. Doubly so if you get the DLC expansion (Modern Times).
    Whereas I'd say exactly the opposite. As best I can tell, Tropico 4 is virtually the same game as 3. Modern Times, by all reports, makes it a markedly worse game than 3, by providing tons of super-powered, tradeoff-eliminating buildings that destroy what little challenge there is in these games. Everything I've read about 4 has made me stick with 3 gold. There's apparently no significant advantage to switching to 4, and modern times is actively game-breaking.
    Last edited by vinraith; 10-05-2012 at 10:43 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    3>4
    4 has a better interface, and lovely characterful sub missions but honestly? It swings the difficulty into too easy violently. Tropico is best when you have people against the wall (literally) to get your own back from being against the wall (metaphorically), lie about building a church, imprison the religious factions leader and invest in modernising your weaponry while your people starve (ideally the troublesome religious folk you keep firing from jobs and evicting from property).

Take bribes from corporate sponsors to give them favourable rates on all exported fresh fruit and build a tinning factory with the bribe so you can bypass the contract without breaking it. But Offer enough clean housing and hospital access that the Russians really struggle to object enough to bring their navy in.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Satan
    More Gamefly and F.3.A.R. stuffs
    Just a quick warning to anyone: Tried to buy FEAR3 on gamefly. Wanted to know about the Steamworks feature as I remember there were issues when D2D became Gamefly and did not really trust them (Steam may be an evil, but not the greatest evil).
    I try and make the payment and my bank locked my debit card, so if you Bank with RBS (yes true evil) be careful if you want that.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Tropico 3 and 4 are very similar. Barring the differences already mentioned. I will say tho that I got it for $5 from Amazon.com at Christmas. I think the price they are asking for on steam is too high if you are a Tropico 3 player, there isn't enough at that price to justify it, but then again if you play a lot of it, you will get your monies worth

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Corpekata View Post

Anything else you need to do to make the game show up on your Steam list? I joined their Steam group but nothing so far on my list or inventory.