Page 181 of 594 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231281 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,620 of 11863

Thread: PC Bargains

  1. #3601
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    Anything else you need to do to make the game show up on your Steam list? I joined their Steam group but nothing so far on my list or inventory.
    You could read the group, of course:
    Join the Official Rockstar Games Community on Steam at http://steamcommunity.com/games/rockstargames by 10 am Pacific Time on Tuesday, May 15, 2012, and receive one non-giftable copy of Midnight Club 2 in your Steam account by May 29th.


  2. #3602

  3. #3603
    Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    Crap, wish I'd bought Dungeon Siege 3 while it was on sale.
    You're in luck then, Dungeon Siege 3 and the DLC are both on sale over at Get Games for US$7.08 or separately for US$5.59 and US$1.49 respectively.

    http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/du...siege-3-bundle
    http://www.getgamesgo.com/category/square-enix-sale

  4. #3604
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by TailSwallower View Post
    There's quite a lot of game in vanilla, and yeah, considering THQ's financial woes it's almost certain that they'll be at least 75% off again during the Summer sales. But that said, last time they were selling CoH at 80% off (or the time before that) I bought all three bits and don't regret it even if I haven't touched the expansions yet.
    There seems to be no actual savings to buying the pack, so if you just want it for single player, just grab the first game. I imagine mulitplayer has moved on from that, if that's what you want. The single player seems closer to DOW 1 than 2.

  5. #3605
    Lesser Hivemind Node Kodeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    968
    Second Avernum trilogy for $9.60 on Steam, vs. the $45 it costs on his store.

    http://store.steampowered.com/sub/14583/

  6. #3606
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermal Ions View Post
    You're in luck then, Dungeon Siege 3 and the DLC are both on sale over at Get Games for US$7.08 or separately for US$5.59 and US$1.49 respectively.

    http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/du...siege-3-bundle
    http://www.getgamesgo.com/category/square-enix-sale
    Are you using the wrong currency symbol or are they really just selling in $ and at the same amount!!??

  7. #3607
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,457
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Are you using the wrong currency symbol or are they really just selling in $ and at the same amount!!??
    No, because it's 5.68 for the double pack, not 7.08


  8. #3608
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    That hellhole known as "Spain"
    Posts
    1,807
    I'm getting the same amounts in s as well, so... yeah. Really.

    Edit: ok, guess it's just us -ites that are getting screwed.

  9. #3609
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    No, because it's 5.68 for the double pack, not 7.08
    If you try to view that site in another currency, the pricing just goes screwy - I'm actually not sure what the proper price is because my browser is currently having a bit of a Frank Spencer over it...

    It's not even a cookie issue - another browser is also having a tantrum - they really have an odd approach to currencies there!!

  10. #3610
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    474
    COH definitely worth the purchase, really very impressed so far!

  11. #3611
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    1,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermal Ions View Post
    You're in luck then, Dungeon Siege 3 and the DLC are both on sale over at Get Games for US$7.08 or separately for US$5.59 and US$1.49 respectively.

    http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/du...siege-3-bundle
    http://www.getgamesgo.com/category/square-enix-sale
    Just as a heads-up: it seems payment for this game with PayPal is disabled, so you'll have to do so with a credit card. This probably won't be a problem for most people, though.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

  12. #3612
    Network Hub Revisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    460
    Serious Sam 3 BFE on Amazon for 10$

    What's the consensus on this? I liked the old ones pretty much, is this an improvement?

  13. #3613
    Quote Originally Posted by Revisor View Post
    Serious Sam 3 BFE on Amazon for 10$

    What's the consensus on this? I liked the old ones pretty much, is this an improvement?
    It's nicely polished up "more of the same". If you like the old ones I'd say go for it at that price.

  14. #3614
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,457
    I just noticed something about the Company of Heroes deal.

    CoH - 1.39
    CoH: OF - 1.99
    CoH: ToV - 1.99
    CoH Gold (CoH+OF) - 2.99
    CoH Complete (CoH+OF+ToV) - 5.39

    Crap, I got my maths wrong. But still. Gold + ToV comes to 4.98 (not the figure I reported earlier) which is 0.41 cheaper than Complete. For the same stuff.

    What the frak?
    Last edited by Althea; 13-05-2012 at 02:14 PM.


  15. #3615
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    GMT-7
    Posts
    3,323
    I'd never played a Serious Sam game before and I thought 3 was awesome. Just bear in mind that the entire game is brown and ugly to poke fun at modern shooters.

  16. #3616
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    I just noticed something about the Company of Heroes deal.

    CoH - 1.39
    CoH: OF - 1.99
    CoH: ToV - 1.99
    CoH Gold (CoH+OF) - 2.99
    CoH Complete (CoH+OF+ToV) - 5.39

    Crap, I got my maths wrong. But still. Gold + ToV comes to 4.98 (not the figure I reported earlier) which is 0.41 cheaper than Complete. For the same stuff.

    What the frak?
    They did something very similar with DOW1 in a Steam sale a while back; it was cheaper to buy Gold + ... some expansion, rather than the full bundle. Curious.

  17. #3617
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    I'd never played a Serious Sam game before and I thought 3 was awesome. Just bear in mind that the entire game is brown and ugly to poke fun at modern shooters.
    The older ones are even better in every department except the graphics. I highly recommend picking them up.

    It's probably been said a hundred times before, but SS3 really didn't need most of the game to look like the modern shooters to make a point. Or to have the generic human enemies in every level. SS3 is fun, but a bit of a disappointment.
    Last edited by arccos; 13-05-2012 at 04:41 PM.

  18. #3618
    Network Hub Revisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    460
    From what I've heard only the first few levels are a parody of modern shooters, no?

  19. #3619
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by Revisor View Post
    From what I've heard only the first few levels are a parody of modern shooters, no?
    Yes.

    After Level 5 or so, it turns into regular Serious Sam gameplay. There is even a moment where Sam says something to the tune of "I'm home!" (I don't remember the exact joke) which signifies the end of the modern shooter joke.

  20. #3620
    Commandos Collection is 2,80€ on Steam, or 1€ each game.

    http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4156/

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •