Page 183 of 594 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,660 of 11876

Thread: PC Bargains

The whole concept of Dear Esther was really appealing to me. I'm all about story in games and I thought the move of having no gameplay at all was really ballsy and welcome if it could be pulled off.
    The didn't pull it off. The game was tedious (snail like walking speed), the story was vague (to hide the fact that is not that good), the lack of interaction was really frustrating and the pacing was horrible. It looks nice, I guess.

Network Hub
    I wish I could recommend Dear Esther but I can't. Next best thing.

Sounds like it reached and fell in the same way that Trauma did, and I really disliked that game. Guess I'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by baby snot View Post
    I wish I could recommend Dear Esther but I can't. Next best thing.
    Possibly the best thing to watch if you are interested in this. This guy seems to miss half the game out but it depends on if you give a crap or not.
    Long story short; the entire point of the game is you are SPOILERS a seagull

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    ArmA Gold - $3.99 on GoG the next day or so:

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/arma_gold_edition

Wondering whether to get it. I don't really play MP (which has probably been replaced by ArmA 2 anyway) and I'm getting the impression people generally like ArmA: Cold War Assault better.

Obviously ArmA 2 would be best, but I think it'd kill my laptop.

Greed: Black Border, 1 € from the publisher's site.

Enter the coupon "error37".

LOL!
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Greed: Black Border, 1 € from the publisher's site.

Enter the coupon "error37".

LOL!
    Steamworks?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Posted it on the DayZ thread, but I figure it'd be best to post it here as well. Amazon rep has announced on the Cheap Ass Gamer's forum the upcoming deals for some sort of sale. Way too many list, the post is here.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Aren't the Amazon deals usually US-only? Not that it matters to me, but it might to others.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    They are, but it's easily circumvented, just need to create an account with a US postal address, I've bought several items using my Spanish credit card and so far not a single issue.

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Posted it on the DayZ thread, but I figure it'd be best to post it here as well. Amazon rep has announced on the Cheap Ass Gamer's forum the upcoming deals for some sort of sale. Way too many list, the post is here.
    Quite a nice list. Divinity 2: DKS is absolutely worth $4.99, by the way. Won it from an RPS contest a while back as direct download from Focus Home Interactive's website. Will probably purchase the Steam key version in the sale tomorrow, though Amazon is also going to be selling a direct download (DRM free?) version. My computer was borked last month and I don't want to mess with Focus' site to reinstall. The game is a lot of fun and dialog and situations are amusing. It is on my "play more" list.

Network Hub AlonePlusEasyTarget's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm eyeing on Divinity 2 too. Oh and Stronghold Collection and XCOM Complete. Maybe Battlestations Pacific too. Though I'm not sure how good that game will be.
    7:03 AM - Alone + Easy Target: sscscccccacescsqaqdsqsqqsqqqeeeeeeeeeeeseesqecccee eeeedsssssssssqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeq
    7:03 AM - The Player of Games: Play by email, FPS edition

Steam|Last.FM

From that amazon deal, is the Square Enix Ultimiate Collection worth picking up for someone who hasn't played any of those games predecessors?

I've heard whispers of good things about Supreme Commander 2, Lara Croft and the Guardian of light, and Just Cause 2.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Those three games are complete standalones, AFAIK, and have little to do with previous games bar their names.

I'll strongly recommend Just Cause 2 if you're a fan of dicking around in sandboxes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Parachute + grappling hook = fly forever

Seriously, I spend probably 60% of my time in just cause 2 gliding over beautiful vistas... Firing an assault rifle at passing cars.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

I don't know if it can be considered a bargain, but GoG.com has Far Cry 2 for $9,99.

A real bargain on GOG.

Torin's Passage. $6. When payday comes? I SHALL HAVE IT. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eRa View Post
    I don't know if it can be considered a bargain, but GoG.com has Far Cry 2 for $9,99.
    I think GetGames tends to have it for a similar price but for all the extra stuff you get that's a really good deal. While the game has been DRM-free for several years now it's still good to get the usual GOG extras. I can see a fourth copy of this game coming on (so far: retail, graphics card freebie, cheap Steam).

Plus it has the DLC pack included, which is great as you can't buy it and haven't been able to for years.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Plus it has the DLC pack included, which is great as you can't buy it and haven't been able to for years.
    The Farcry 2 dlc is on steam so, yunno, if you like steam i guess thats good.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/