Page 185 of 607 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,700 of 12137

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    If anyone has any more insight to offer regarding Divinity II: DKS, I'd be happy to hear it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    If anyone has any more insight to offer regarding Divinity II: DKS, I'd be happy to hear it.
    BUY IT
    BUY IT

Larian have a demo out for it, I believe. It's not the highest quality game, but it's enjoyable with a great soundtrack and a good sense of humour.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    BUY IT
    BUY IT
    Bought it. My backlog is reaching critical mass.

Also bought Far Cry 2 again, for the soundtrack. And maybe I'll find someone online now!

It's a longer-than-six-hours game, too. I think it's closer to 30-40, and that's not even counting the expansion.

It looks pretty decent, I'll try the demo. Even if it doesn't absolutely astound me I'll still likely pick it up in the sale.

Do so. If nothing else, you should be supporting Larian.

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    Divinity 2 is the sort of game that starts out great, then gradually wears out its welcome as the flaws become more apparent. I finished the whole thing, but upon finishing I never ever want to touch the game again.

It doesn't help that the expansion pack (which comes at the end) is the worst part of the game. I quite enjoyed the game up until that point, actually (except maybe the floating fortresses, which are awful), but the expansion pack is a long, tedious, slog.
    Last edited by Juan Carlo; 17-05-2012 at 11:57 PM.

Obscure Node
    Amazon has great deals coming up:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=317580

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertai View Post
    Did Amazon ever fix their trainwreck of a downloader? I only ever bought one game from them. It installed and ran fine, once. I was never able to get it to run or install again, it always hung on launch of Amazon's verification system.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    I've bought a bunch of games from then now, and so far I haven't had a single issue with their downloader; just wish it'd allow me to choose the bloody DL location instead of being forced to download to the desktop.

Boatload of discounts starting next week:

http://www.becausewemay.com/
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Boatload of discounts starting next week:

http://www.becausewemay.com/
    Tasty; if I didn't own most of those games already, that is. I might grab Vessel, depending on the price.

Of special notice (for me at least) is the presence of Double Fine on the Steam section. This whole thing looks pretty much like an indie setup, and suddenly, Costume Quest, Stacking, Psychonauts and their bundle. A big name to attract attention? Or are Tim & company trying to jump onto the indie bandwagon after the effect of their kickstarter?

Look at the bright side, at least they're not EA :P And, the list is not finalized yet!
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Look at the bright side, at least they're not EA :P And, the list is not finalized yet!
    No, they're not EA, but their presence still feels suspicious, perhaps even wrong. As much as they've needed a KickStarter for their adventure game, they still do work with big name publishers for their console games.

Network Hub AlonePlusEasyTarget's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    No, they're not EA, but their presence still feels suspicious, perhaps even wrong. As much as they've needed a KickStarter for their adventure game, they still do work with big name publishers for their console games.
    But we'd be buying their PC games on that website and not console games. On PC, they can be considered as indie as they publish the games themselves. On consoles though, it's another matter.

It all goes back to the definition indie.
    7:03 AM - Alone + Easy Target: sscscccccacescsqaqdsqsqqsqqqeeeeeeeeeeeseesqecccee eeeedsssssssssqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeq
    7:03 AM - The Player of Games: Play by email, FPS edition

Steam|Last.FM

This doesn't look like it's supposed to be indie-only, though. It's a "celebration" of those digital distributors that allow developers to set their own price. I'd say the indie-heavy list is more a reflection of who has the interest and the flexibility to get involved.

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MD! View Post
    I'd say the indie-heavy list is more a reflection of who has the interest and the flexibility to get involved.
    I'd have to agree. The fact that Double Fine still wants to be involved despite them being much larger than most of the other developers just shows how much they've learned recently and how they've changed the way they're approaching PC releases of their games. I think it's fantastic that such a well-regarded developer is doing it alone on PC and sidestepping the big publishers as much as possible.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

GRAW2 was made by a completely different team to the console versions. I haven't played it but the reviews on Metacritic certainly suggest that it isn't as good as the X360 version.

The whole Ubisoft sale thing just makes me realise that I don't like Ubisoft games much. So many titles, so little that interest me.

Funny, I quite a lot of their franchises, just sucks how they are with the PC versions.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Did Amazon ever fix their trainwreck of a downloader? I only ever bought one game from them. It installed and ran fine, once. I was never able to get it to run or install again, it always hung on launch of Amazon's verification system.
    Their downloader sucks. I've downloaded the game I bought a couple days ago three times - and each download has different corrupted files in it. No way to fix it but try again until I get enough uncorrupted files to compile a viable installer.