Page 187 of 594 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237287 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,740 of 11876

Thread: PC Bargains

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    ^ DK1 on GOG is also the weaker DOS version, which isn't compatible with the Deeper Dungeons expansion and lacks a few extra tidbits.
    steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    A portion of SMAC $2.99,bargain. Cheaper than drugs, more addictive.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Did they change their policy or is it still a small windows of time to download mp3's?
    Once you buy a mp3 from Amazon it is saved to your Amazon cloud drive, which is 5gb (or 20gb if you've purchased a full album). You can re-download as many times as you like and upload your own files too.

Anyone played Shoot Many Robots? It's 50% off on Steam and looks like a decent way to kill some time (and robots :p).

Quote Originally Posted by ArtVandelay View Post
    Once you buy a mp3 from Amazon it is saved to your Amazon cloud drive, which is 5gb (or 20gb if you've purchased a full album). You can re-download as many times as you like and upload your own files too.
    This isn't the case in the UK, where Amazon haven't launched CloudDrive.
    My Blog|Steam|GW2 Main: Chakan Khimar

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    I second that. Some of the bossfights were cringe-worthy but for 3.99 you will easily be able to deal with this relatively small issue.
    Price doesn't much matter, it's either worth the time to play or it isn't. If it isn't worth playing at $50, it's not worth playing at $5.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Did they change their policy or is it still a small windows of time to download mp3's?
    As others have mentioned there's the cloud drive thing now (in the US, anyway), but I'm not sure why that would be a problem anyway. I bought plenty of music from them pre-cloud drive, you just have to back up your downloads (and since you should be doing that with any digital purchase, it's not like it's a big deal).

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
    This isn't the case in the UK, where Amazon haven't launched CloudDrive.
    I didn't realize that. That's really too bad, it is a very good service.

Delve deeper 1.35 or 1.52 with some dlc, i really want to playthis, but this kind of mechanistic game sucks vs ai, have many people tried/got it? steam daily deal btw

Apparently by setting the windows resolution to 800*600 before booting up the game allows Dungeon keeper 2 to work on 64bit windows 7.
    http://www.gog.com/en/forum/dungeon_...mes_unplayable

so i can whole heartedly suggest everyone plays this.

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/dungeon_keeper_2

Some twisted husks insist DK1 was better, well gog's version of DK1 was slightly hobbled (apparently its the dos version) so play 2 and set up some traps!

Network Hub
    In addition to Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2, gog also has on sale:
    Populous 2
    Alpha Centauri
    SimCity 2000 Special Edition
    and some other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by mrki View Post
    In addition to Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2, gog also has on sale:
    Populous 2
    Alpha Centauri
    SimCity 2000 Special Edition
    and some other stuff.
    I meant to mention that!

Network Hub
    Lunar Flight appears to be on sale for 1.75 at Desura and Steam, 75% off.

Shovor (the developer) recently posted that he wasn't seeing the numbers he was hoping to make the project a longterm thing which is a shame, I guess this is the result. It's a brilliant game but the guy can't seem to catch a break, with the offer coming in the middle of Amazon's sales, the Ubisoft weekend and the sudden spike in Arma 2 interest it's getting drowned out.

Anyway, grab yerselves a bargain!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Delve deeper 1.35 or 1.52 with some dlc, i really want to playthis, but this kind of mechanistic game sucks vs ai, have many people tried/got it? steam daily deal btw
    I like Delve Deeper a lot, only bad things are no online multiplayer and no saves mid-game. Get it together with the DLC.

Network Hub
    If anyone cares about Steamy stuffs Amazon has added the option for Steam keys for Civ IV complete and the Stronghold Collection.

From Dust and Rayman Origins. Worth the Steam sale price? Any comparable games (so if I like those, I will like these)?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyRabbit75 View Post
    From Dust and Rayman Origins. Worth the Steam sale price? Any comparable games (so if I like those, I will like these)?
    From Dust is pretty unique - it's a puzzle/god game where you change the world and not the people on it - not my cuppa but it may float your boat.

Rayman Origins is closest in spirit to early Sonic games - you are looking for the superfast, superaccurate way through every level but there are secrets and other things to find (best platformer I've played in a long, long time). Not massively taxing (it's no Super Meat Boy) but not that easy either...

Thanks, trjp!

Network Hub AlonePlusEasyTarget's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xune View Post
    Lunar Flight appears to be on sale for 1.75 at Desura and Steam, 75% off.

Shovor (the developer) recently posted that he wasn't seeing the numbers he was hoping to make the project a longterm thing which is a shame, I guess this is the result. It's a brilliant game but the guy can't seem to catch a break, with the offer coming in the middle of Amazon's sales, the Ubisoft weekend and the sudden spike in Arma 2 interest it's getting drowned out.

Anyway, grab yerselves a bargain!
    I'm kind of interested into this game. How is it actually?
    7:03 AM - Alone + Easy Target: sscscccccacescsqaqdsqsqqsqqqeeeeeeeeeeeseesqecccee eeeedsssssssssqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeq
    7:03 AM - The Player of Games: Play by email, FPS edition

Steam|Last.FM

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Price doesn't much matter, it's either worth the time to play or it isn't. If it isn't worth playing at $50, it's not worth playing at $5.
    Well, if that's your point of view, I can understand that, although for me a very low price would make the pill of least-enjoyable-but-rather-short-parts-of-the-game easier to swallow. Btw, I think it was worth the full price (~30$) that I paid for it.
    Forum janitor in training.