Page 188 of 602 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238288 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,760 of 12040

Thread: PC Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by AlonePlusEasyTarget View Post
    I'm kind of interested into this game. How is it actually?
    It can be hard. There are some tutorials you can check out on the author's site which will probably give you an idea of how it's played.

http://www.shovsoft.com/lunarflight/?page_id=148
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Network Hub AlonePlusEasyTarget's Avatar
    I bet most of the players in Lunar Flight got the 'crashed' achievement as their first. I just got mine when I increased the pitch too quickly.

Yeah I watched the first video but then quickly playing the game. It's good that they put all of them videos in Flight School. Easier to access that way.
    7:03 AM - Alone + Easy Target: sscscccccacescsqaqdsqsqqsqqqeeeeeeeeeeeseesqecccee eeeedsssssssssqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeq
    7:03 AM - The Player of Games: Play by email, FPS edition

Steam|Last.FM

Rayman Origins is definitely worth $15!

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    Are CS:GO beta invites still worth anything? I realized today that I've been in the beta for like 2 weeks without knowing it, and on top of it got a free invite to give away. If I can't get anything for it I might just give it away, but if anyone wants to trade a 10 dollar-ish game for it just let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Price doesn't much matter, it's either worth the time to play or it isn't. If it isn't worth playing at $50, it's not worth playing at $5.
    If I'm going to waste my time, I'd rather waste my time and $5 of my money, than waste my time and $50 of my money.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Swords and swordification game The First Templar is on sale for a sniff less than £4, today only.

Non aff link to main offer page (Templar is at the top)
    www.gamersgate.co.uk/offers
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Get it get it get it get it

It's not the highest quality game, it's not the smoothest, the prettiest or anything. But for £4? You cannot go wrong. It's supposed to be co-op but it works well enough as a single-player title.

I played The First Templar in coop and it was Great. Definitely get it at that price.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Carlo View Post
    Are CS:GO beta invites still worth anything? I realized today that I've been in the beta for like 2 weeks without knowing it, and on top of it got a free invite to give away. If I can't get anything for it I might just give it away, but if anyone wants to trade a 10 dollar-ish game for it just let me know.
    It's worth quite a bit currently, I believe. Probably worth a 30€ game, maybe even more if you can grab hold of someone desperate,

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyRabbit75 View Post
    From Dust and Rayman Origins. Worth the Steam sale price? Any comparable games (so if I like those, I will like these)?
    I just got From Dust and played half or so of the levels. So far it's not very complicated. The basic idea is that you can pick up sand, lava (which turns to rock), and water. In doing so, you have to change the terrain of the map to allow the humans to build villages and gather relics. There is a bonus for getting the entire (this is very loosely defined) map full of plants and trees - which, of course, only grow on certain types of soil. You'll mostly be busy with redirecting flows of water and lava, putting out fires - or starting them, and setting up the terrain in such a way that the recurring 'disasters' don't destroy the villages. It's not a very deep or complex physics game, so €7,50 might be a bit much - especially when compared to the dozens of cheaper and arguably more interesting, games on Steam. But nevertheless, I think it's a pretty decent puzzle game.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    If I'm going to waste my time, I'd rather waste my time and $5 of my money, than waste my time and $50 of my money.
    I'd rather play a game from my backlog than do either of those. At this point, I have enough games "stored up" that it's essentially a giant catalog of free stuff to play (in that it doesn't cost me any money now, despite much of it being new to me). In order for it to be worth buying a new game, said game needs to be good enough to compete with that.

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    I'd rather play a game from my backlog than do either of those. At this point, I have enough games "stored up" that it's essentially a giant catalog of free stuff to play (in that it doesn't cost me any money now, despite much of it being new to me). In order for it to be worth buying a new game, said game needs to be good enough to compete with that.
    Me too, but that's a fat lot of good if you haven't got any games that appeal to your fancies at that moment in time.

I come to you again with "more games around £5 vinraith doesn't desire", but to be fair, he owns this one.

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood is £5 on steam, haven't played any of the others, don't like the overarching narrative?☩ PFFT, I don't care! I'm here to talk to you about the multiplayer.

Its one of the most interesting multiplayer games of the decade, its stolen Spy Party's thunder, backstabbed The Ship's* legacy and it blew my mind by being a game that rewarded not doing anything but looking about patiently† and waiting for the right moment, revelation throws on more hats and seems to break some of the balance (not before desperately rebalancing it with more unlocks) but essentially, while its a game which has levelling up its a game that rewards strategic thinking, without giving you 400 tiny soldiers to control, I'd dare say its one of the finest the strategy☠ games of its decade.

☩Really, its talked to death, you like it you don't that's fine, £5 isn't too much to ask for a unique multiplayer game which just happens to be bundled with a massive AAA campaign is it?
    *Ubisoft swallowed up and then spat out (threw up?) the developers of The Ship
    †I mean, you could be like a bundle of nervous rage, nothing is stopping you.
    ☠Do we have a strategy game version of wizardry? I wish we did I need people to remind my to play Age of Wonders Shadow Magic and tut when I stretch the context of strategy.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 19-05-2012 at 06:21 PM.

So I just got Lunar Flight for $2.50. Thanks for the heads up.
    And now it's the Assassin's Creed day from the Ubi sale. Never played one of them but I'm quite tempted. I read you should start with the second one since it's way better that the flawed first game. I might just do that (Don't have the time right now to complete the first one, I just want a fun game)
    I've been looking at some gameplay videos but I still don't get the idea behind the games, anyone care to elaborate? Is it open world or more of a linear game?

Quote Originally Posted by sopabuena View Post
    Is it open world or more of a linear game?
    Both. It's open world to a point. AFAIK areas sort of open up as you go along but you can't roam as you would in GTA IV.

Could be wrong, of course.

Its actualy a split, much like GTA.

You can explore stuff, hunt enemies (and bloody feathers) climb things, and generally master your environment, but also many of the memories are specific jobs that need doing and straying from them results in a fail (where you can either restart or just return to freeplay). Ass Creed 1 and Bro are very much like metroid in that they take away all of your powers/equipment early on, but Bro fixes the Metroid problem by giving you so much more than you started with so quickly that you have no room for complaint.

Its a shame Ass Creed 1 was so long, because it had truly dark and meaningful moments in its story mixed in with all the stuff about ancient technology and a truely interesting combat system if you don't spam counter. Maybe the "pro suggestion" should be play assassins creed 1 after playing 2 but before brotherhood, it'll give you a break from the era and Ezio (not that you need it, he's ace).

Watch this, then skip to assassins creed 2

Network Hub
    Revelations is about £5 more than I am willing to pay for it but it's hardly like my steam backlog is going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by goatmonkey View Post
    Revelations is about £5 more than I am willing to pay for it but it's hardly like my steam backlog is going anywhere.
    I know, I really want it,but I know it will still be fun to play later when it eventually hit £10 (dont skip the lot archives dlc when you do get it, it looks lovely).

Hum... I've got a doubt about Far Cry 2. ¿Does the Steam version still have some horrible DRM, or is it OK now? I mean, I don't mind loosing the extras of the GOG version if I can get it cheaper on Steam, but I don't want to suffer some annoying DRM... >.<