Results 3,881 to 3,900 of 12065

Thread: PC Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by alset85 View Post
    It says "currently unavailable" to me.
    Release date: May 27, 2012.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by alset85 View Post
    It says "currently unavailable" to me.
    Yeah its not on sale 'till Sunday the 27th in the evening. Maybe should have put pre-sale

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Wow, Confrontation only came out last month and it's already 50% off on Steam as daily deal.

No, wait. Why am I surprised?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Corpekata View Post
    Amazon is also having a package deal with SWOTS 2, Magicka, Magicka the Stars are Left, Crusader Kings 2, Victoria 2, and the original SWOTS for 12.50, so that might might be worth buying over just spending 7.50 on SWOTS and its' bugginess.
    God that's depressing. Several really excellent, really recent games in there, already discounted that steeply.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    God that's depressing. Several really excellent, really recent games in there, already discounted that steeply.
    I'm excited for it. I really want crusader kings 2 but I've bounced off of every paradox title I've ever played (except victoria 2 for some reason). I just can't afford the full price askings for it, or the small discounts some other sites are offering - especially for a game there's a good chance that I'll bounce off of too.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    I'm excited for it. I really want crusader kings 2 but I've bounced off of every paradox title I've ever played (except victoria 2 for some reason). I just can't afford the full price askings for it, or the small discounts some other sites are offering - especially for a game there's a good chance that I'll bounce off of too.
    That's very nice for you, but I fear it's inevitable death for deep, substantial strategy games. The combined development time and resources for the games in that list is staggering, if $12.50 is all you can ask for that 3 months after CK2 released then clearly this kind of game development is not sustainable.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Any idea of CK2's budget? I'm betting it wasn't ridiculous. Seems to be a decent-sized hit for the genre.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Maybe, although another possibility is that they're the sort of game that sell to their target audience very quickly, and then get heavily discounted to try to sell them to other people. For instance, I seem to recall that they made a profit on Victoria 2 within a week of release.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    That's very nice for you, but I fear it's inevitable death for deep, substantial strategy games. The combined development time and resources for the games in that list is staggering, if $12.50 is all you can ask for that 3 months after CK2 released then clearly this kind of game development is not sustainable.
    I would reject that because I am not the target audience. I am the audience who would dearly like to understand their games but cannot commit to paying full price or close to full price on something I may like. I live pretty far below the poverty line. My income does not permit me the luxury to just drop RRP on a maybe. $12:50 is all they can ask from me because $12:50 is all I can afford.

The amazon Paradox bundle is $135 when I check it, not $13.50.

Crusader Kings 2 was well worth the €40 they asked for it, I've spent 120 hours with. It's easily my favorite game of the year so far. And after finishing with that I bought the Vicky 2 expansion and spent 80 hours with that game.

I'm a bit late to discover the Paradox games (did play EU - Rome) but man, they're fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    I would reject that because I am not the target audience. I am the audience who would dearly like to understand their games but cannot commit to paying full price or close to full price on something I may like. I live pretty far below the poverty line. My income does not permit me the luxury to just drop RRP on a maybe. $12:50 is all they can ask from me because $12:50 is all I can afford.
    My point is that I sincerely doubt the people who are the target audience and can afford the RRP have been exhausted by the 3 month mark. I'm not opposed to steep discounts down the line, but seeing them this soon implies (to me) that the games didn't sell well, and that concerns me greatly.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    My point is that I sincerely doubt the people who are the target audience and can afford the RRP have been exhausted by the 3 month mark. I'm not opposed to steep discounts down the line, but seeing them this soon implies (to me) that the games didn't sell well, and that concerns me greatly.
    That's understandable.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I disagree, paradox have done the math, maybe they assume that the core audience has had its fill and not they intend to hit the mainstream with extreme impact, note 2 day only so many people will miss it and buy its constituent parts they were interested in.

Me, I doubt I would ever have bourght crusader kings II at RRP, but lure me in with copies of sots(1&2) and Magicka to gift and the "I know it to be rather good" Victoria 2 to keep and now you get my money.

Sure, they could have priced higher but then mercurial bastards like me would have snubbed it until later.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carra View Post
    The amazon Paradox bundle is $135 when I check it, not $13.50.
    sale doesn't start until the 27th (will run for two days).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Can someone link this Paradox sale? I can't find it for the life of me.
    Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Jerusalem View Post
    Well that would explain it.

Yeah, I'm bothered by that myself. I don't mind a 25% discount after 3 months and 75% off after a year. But if you're selling your game at a fraction of the price after a month, you're just giving the finger to your fans.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    But if you're selling your game at a fraction of the price after a month, you're just giving the finger to your fans.
    Oh, yeah, looking at it that way. Absolutely.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Jerusalem View Post
    Thanks for explaining. Already played Vicky 2, CK2 and Magicka so I'll pass. And bargains are useful, I got Magicka & Vicky 2 through them. Would never have tried Vicky 2 at full price.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    But if you're selling your game at a fraction of the price after a month, you're just giving the finger to your fans.
    Confrontation - the "not entirely brilliant looking" tactical RPG which launch just over a month ago - is Steam's deal of the day at 50% off.

I think they were bonkers asking for 30 for a game which is relatively unknown with almost zero PR or previews done for it - but slashing that price like that just kicked everyone who gave it a chance RIGHT in the nuts - I suspect we'll not see a Confrontation 2...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    I suspect we'll not see a [INSERT ILL-CONCEIVED MODERN WARFARE COMPETITOR OF THE MONTH] 2...