Page 201 of 577 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251301 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,020 of 11524

Thread: PC Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Their AI is so fun, shoot one arm, they slap you, shoot both of em they use ninja kicks, shoot their legs, they will crawl and grab you if they still have arms.
    Indeed. The developers must be Monty Python fans!

I used my companies US office address for my Amazon US account and it worked just fine. Got the steam key's and downloaded from there (but equally could have done so from Amazon). Have had a similar thing with my PSN account for years when I've needed to buy PS3/PSP games from the US PSN - although in that instance I needed to purchase US PSN credit from a 3rd party as I couldn't use my UK cards.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Their AI is so fun, shoot one arm, they slap you, shoot both of em they use ninja kicks, shoot their legs, they will crawl and grab you if they still have arms.
    Sorta like dead space then?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

I could swear that the dialog in Binary Domain is procedurally generated or something. I mean listen to this crap.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Sorta like dead space then?
    yep, but with bolts and scrapmetal instead of icky space meat.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Network Hub
    Weekend sale on GOG is half-price on all the Ultima and Wing Commander games they carry - that's Ultima 1-8 (although 4 is free anyway IIRC), Ultima Underworld 1 and 2, WC 1-4 and Privateer (1, not 2). $27 for the lot.

Activated Node
    Unity of command for $15 at Gamer's Gate: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-UOC/unity-of-command
    Great deal

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Gamersgate have a few new deals today - the one which caught my eye most was Blades of Time (6.24 regular, 6.99 deluxe).

Reviews were poor but they were for a full-price title and the demo on 360 isn't actually that bad. The ranged combat (e.g. guns) is poor but the close combat and movement is rather good - and it remains the only game I've played where a valid (and necessary) combat tactic is to build-up a power-move against an enemy, unleash it and then 'rewind' a copy of yourself in time and do it again (so both of you are unleashing whoopass at the same time).

The puzzles apparently get really, really tiresome (switches and doors - repeat until you lose the will to live) and the need for ranged combat never gels but the setpiece melee stuff is really rather excellent IMO

It will probably get cheaper of course - but horses for courses...

Witcher 2 EE is 40% off on gog until Wednesday.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodier View Post
    The new Humble bundle is up and it is delicious! Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Psychonauts, LIMBO, Bastion and Superbrothers: Sword&Sorcery all in one place!
    I think that makes it the best bundle I've ever seen

Pro tip: Make sure to somehow check if a game you'd like to buy from Amazon.com as a downloadable version (i.e. via Steam key) is actually available in your region before you buy it. "Saint's Row - The Third" (US version) does not fall into that category for people in Germany.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Pro tip: Make sure to somehow check if a game you'd like to buy from Amazon.com as a downloadable version (i.e. via Steam key) is actually available in your region before you buy it. "Saint's Row - The Third" (US version) does not fall into that category for people in Germany.
    If it's not available in your region you either need to contact steam and say you got the key from amazon and they should activate it or get a friend in a different region to activate it.

Quote Originally Posted by goatmonkey View Post
    If it's not available in your region you either need to contact steam and say you got the key from amazon and they should activate it or get a friend in a different region to activate it.
    Are you sure that the first method works? And regarding the second method, how would that work? As far as I know, your account is bound to the region your originally activated that account from.

Network Hub
    Are you sure that the first method works? And regarding the second method, how would that work? As far as I know, your account is bound to the region your originally activated that account from.
    I got a Dead Island 4 pack from Gamersgate with a few people from several European countries (pretty certain at least one was German) and they were unable to activate their keys. One of them contacted steam support and they activated the game for him with the other 2 I activated the game on both their accounts myself, I logged in from the UK to do this. Using a proxy could work, I did something similar to unlock my retail copy of New Vegas early.

As Amazon.com downloads require using a false address outside the US I don't know if bringing attention to it would be a good idea but the theory is sound for a legitimately purchased key.
    Last edited by goatmonkey; 05-06-2012 at 10:05 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    I got a Dead Island 4 pack from Gamersgate with a few people from several European countries (pretty certain at least one was German) and they were unable to activate their keys. One of them contacted steam support and they activated the game for him
    Weird. I'm german myself and so far never had any issues with smuggled keys or purchased international keys.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenswan View Post
    Weird. I'm german myself and so far never had any issues with smuggled keys or purchased international keys.
    I think it was down to Dead Island being one of very few steam games that had key region restrictions on it.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    And regarding the second method, how would that work? As far as I know, your account is bound to the region your originally activated that account from.
    It's not. Things like this are determined by a simple IP check. You could circumvent this with a VPN/Proxy/... solution.

However, the only title I know of which cannot be activated with a German IP is the uncensored/international version of "CoD: MW 2". Are you sure this is also the case with "SR3"?

Edit: It seems like it is (also "CoD: MW 2" and "CoD: BO"). I couldn't find anything specific regarding "Dead Island", though.
    Last edited by TechnoJellyfish; 05-06-2012 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    However, the only title I know of which cannot be activated with a German IP is the uncensored/international version of "CoD: MW 2". Are you sure this is also the case with "SR3"?
    Yes, I am pretty sure, tried it yesterday. I got a notification about how that version of the game wasn't available in my region. Thanks for all the infomation, everyone. Maybe I should check with one of my friends from abroad to see if I can work around the issue somehow.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Yupp, you're right (see my edited post above). Gotta keep that in mind for future purchases.

Just ask some trustworthy friend to activate it for you or use one of the many available VPN/Proxy solutions if you're comfortable with that.