Page 203 of 601 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253303 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,060 of 12015

Thread: PC Bargains

The Cartel had some pretty horrid reviews and is currently at "47 out of 100" on metacritic, but then-again 3.75 aint that much and it'll probably activate on Steam too, if that's the kind of thing your're after.

The WIT for The Cartel is one of my favorite RPS articles and you should read it.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...ez-the-cartel/

Crap I may have to buy Dredmor again just because of this

XUOMW.png
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Lol. Masterfully done, Gaslamp. Masterfully done.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    The game Heroes of Annihilated Empires has just gone up on gog and I'm wondering if anyone here knows anything about it? (It's not on sale or anything, I'm just wondering as it looks interesting).

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    It's not. Things like this are determined by a simple IP check. You could circumvent this with a VPN/Proxy/... solution.

However, the only title I know of which cannot be activated with a German IP is the uncensored/international version of "CoD: MW 2". Are you sure this is also the case with "SR3"?
    So you think I can get the Steam version of Arkham City with a proxy? I know exactly how to do it, but do not know if Steam Reps will like it...

---------------------------

So, shall I get Dungeons of Dredmor complete or just the base game? I normally don't care about expansions and rare stuff for smaller games, so if it's not worthwhile...
    Last edited by nsane; 05-06-2012 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Question

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    The game Heroes of Annihilated Empires has just gone up on gog and I'm wondering if anyone here knows anything about it? (It's not on sale or anything, I'm just wondering as it looks interesting).
    I remember playing the demo a long time ago and thinking it was pretty shit. There were lots and lots of units, but everything was fairly generic. That is the best I can do.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    More words here.
    steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Thanks, I never think to search here. Sounds like something that needs to be cheaper for me to be interested.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squareking View Post
    I can't talk about balance with any authority but it's interesting.
    It's obviously action rpg meets rts but the cut is a funny one, taking a while to level up before starting your town seems valid enough, but mostly you are trying to learn your way up a tech tree. Sure once you learn it you are better off but I never got that far before the strange mix of overfamiliarity and confusion pushed me away.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by renhoelder View Post
    Pretty good deals though, grabbed Alan Wake and popped it into Steam. Anybody know if I can pop Blur into Steam/Origin?Wouldn't want that bugger getting lost on the interwebs.
    Indeed, some way of finding out which of the games on offer register on steam would be great (I didn't know that any of them would, I'm more interested in getting Alan Wake now). Not entirely a deal breaker but good for convenience's sake.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I know it's not really the place, but it's pretty great that Origin lets you register any game you own elsewhere since 09. Free backups of Mirrors Edge, Sim City (for some reason that works too) and a few others like Dead Space. Even if bought on Steam.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    I know it's not really the place, but it's pretty great that Origin lets you register any game you own elsewhere since 09. Free backups of Mirrors Edge, Sim City (for some reason that works too) and a few others like Dead Space. Even if bought on Steam.
    That's nothing - Battle.Net has my copies of Warcraft and Starcraft based on codes from decades ago - and Impulse (Gamestop) has my copy of GalCiv II despuite my selling the physical (CE metal tin) boxed version off EONS ago (wasn't my cuppa so no copyright is harmed by this fillip of digital/real box distribution).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by sinomatic View Post
    Indeed, some way of finding out which of the games on offer register on steam would be great (I didn't know that any of them would, I'm more interested in getting Alan Wake now). Not entirely a deal breaker but good for convenience's sake.
    Almost every site which sells a 'Steam Code' will say so - either directly or via a more subtle means such as "Requires third-party download/client" or similar.

If it doesn't say that, you're getting a massive download instead.

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Almost every site which sells a 'Steam Code' will say so - either directly or via a more subtle means such as "Requires third-party download/client" or similar.

If it doesn't say that, you're getting a massive download instead.
    I'd somehow missed the 3rd party download notice on there, thanks.

Now that's out of the way, a question: The version of L.A. Noire on sale there isn't the complete version (no bundled DLC). How important are the DLC to probable enjoyment? Am I likely to miss them?
    Last edited by sinomatic; 06-06-2012 at 06:18 AM.

Network Hub
    The DLC is fine in LA Noire but not very important.

Only thing I'd advise is that Gamefly seems to very rarely put DLC on sale, so I'd be wary of buying any DLC heavy game from them honestly, even if it's just some middling stuff like La Noire's DLC.
    Last edited by Corpekata; 06-06-2012 at 06:51 AM.

Activated Node
    Gog is selling <a href="http://www.gog.com/gamecard/space_rangers_2_reboot">Space Rangers 2: Reboot</a> for cheaps the next few days. Been wanting to try that one out for quite some time, but I'm wondering if waiting for the upcoming HD remake is the better option - what with the giant backlog and all...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by sinomatic View Post
    I'd somehow missed the 3rd party download notice on there, thanks.

Now that's out of the way, a question: The version of L.A. Noire on sale there isn't the complete version (no bundled DLC). How important are the DLC to probable enjoyment? Am I likely to miss them?
    The shorter L.A. Noire is, the better. If I could have played it without the DLC, I would have.

Space Rangers 2:Reboot is up on GoG for $3.99.

Apparently if you already owned the standard version you get the upgraded version free.

Quote Originally Posted by nsane View Post
    So, shall I get Dungeons of Dredmor complete or just the base game? I normally don't care about expansions and rare stuff for smaller games, so if it's not worthwhile...
    Diggles! Complete!

Steam has done it again, though: the Complete pack costs more than Base+Diggle bought separately. It's 15 €cents, but still...
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"