Page 208 of 594 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,160 of 11866

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    I don't see how me enjoying what I played but wishing there were more female characters available means it's not a fit for me.

There's plenty of characters SEGA could have put in - Rouge, Cream, Blaze - and that's just going by the Sonic franchise. Their other games (e.g. Mario & Sonic games) manage to have a greater female representation, so why can't Sonic & SEGA All-Stars? It had a number of supporting characters as playable (like, y'know, Big the Cat?) so it wouldn't kill them to add just a few more.

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    I don't see how me enjoying what I played but wishing there were more female characters available means it's not a fit for me.

There's plenty of characters SEGA could have put in - Rouge, Cream, Blaze - and that's just going by the Sonic franchise. Their other games (e.g. Mario & Sonic games) manage to have a greater female representation, so why can't Sonic & SEGA All-Stars? It had a number of supporting characters as playable (like, y'know, Big the Cat?) so it wouldn't kill them to add just a few more.
    Oh I see what you mean, but there's a difference in the franchises you listed vs. this one. That's Mario Vs. Sonic ergo, no other Sega franchises represented, this is Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing. The last time Sega did one of these the Sega fanbase was pissed and I know this because I am part of the older Sega community, we were disappointed with the over-representation of the Sonic Team franchises (Billy Hatcher/Sonic) versus the rest of Sega. Sega has a dialog with their core fanbase through their forums but also through the fansites like SegaBits, Sumo decided to listen to the general Sega fanbase, and I am glad they did because now we have a Panzer Dragoon level, a Golden Axe level, etc.

Also the rest of the gaming community isn't so fond of the expanded Sonic character roster if you take a look around, as an example almost all of those characters you listed are despised outside the core Sonic fanbase, Big is probably the most reviled though.

Finally, while it isn't confirmed it is rumored and highly likely that Big has been dropped in the sequel. If you like the game buy it, but if the lack of enough female characters bothers you a lot I'd vote with your wallet.
    Last edited by TaroYamada; 11-06-2012 at 10:27 AM.

Maybe the male Sega characters are just, y'know, better drivers.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridiculous Human View Post
    So, anyone who bought that Plentiful Paradox package from Amazon might want to check out Europa Universalis III: Chronicles. It's 50% off right now, so with your $23 voucher, it's free.
    LOL, so it is. I wasn't going to get it it but free is free. Thanks.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TaroYamada View Post
    If you like the game buy it, but if the lack of enough female characters bothers you a lot I'd vote with your wallet.
    Or, my preferred method, buy it in a sale and make my displeasure known.

As I'm doing right now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dsch View Post
    Hidden maths?
    You general gets syphilis, and dies. Was it purely a random dice roll. was it because you didn't leave him in his home town to let him get married, was it because a church wasn't built there, was it because the area he is n was particularly plagued with it, was it because of an edict you issued to military support staff to be female? You will never know, because the maths is never expressed to you.

Vinraith explained it to be such that you "ignore the maths and just screw around with history", "like the sims?" I replied. Essentially, if you stop thinking of it as a strategy game and stop trying to "win" it, then yeah who cares about the hidden maths. But in more "win based" grand strategy type things Paradox often puts out I find the idea of hidden maths monsterous.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    So it's still a dickfest?
    We prefer the term "sausage party".
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Back on topic, please: PC Bargains.

Risen - $6 on Amazon
    http://www.amazon.com/Deep-Silver-40...dp/B005JF4MTQ/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    How is discussing the relative merits of the deals which were just posted "off-topic"? If you're just coming to this thread to quickly assuage what deals are on-going and leave, I think we can all agree there are much better avenues available to do so.

It was kind of a stupid discussion though, so I am fine letting it lay and getting back to the topic of deals. What else is there to say? If you don't like it don't purchase it, the whole 'sale' strategy isn't very effective as it nets Sega a sale and Sega is going to continue to listen to their core fanbase over small voices who oppose how they make their games, but continue to purchase them.

The whole reason All-Stars Racing Transformed is turning into the game Sega fans wanted to see is because Sega fans widely rejected the over-representation of the Sonic Franchise in the first game; The first game wasn't a huge seller, we literally had Steve Lycett (the producer) contacting the Sega fansites to ask us our perspective and how we wanted to see the game change. This was a celebration of Sega's IPs for Sega fans, and also Sabrage, good taste with the Panzer Dragoon ;).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I wasn't planning to continue that particular line of conversation, but I just find responses like that ridiculous in a forum that encourages open discussion. There's definitely a threshold that does get crossed from time-to-time, but I don't think it was really necessary in this case (especially since deals usually have a lull right around now, so there's not much else to talk about!)

RE: Panzer Dragoon: I'm a blatant and unabashed Saturn fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    RE: Panzer Dragoon: I'm a blatant and unabashed Saturn fanboy.
    That's it, I am adding you on Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    How is discussing the relative merits of the deals which were just posted "off-topic"? If you're just coming to this thread to quickly assuage what deals are on-going and leave, I think we can all agree there are much better avenues available to do so.
    There is a fine line between recommending a game on sale with a short reasoning and discussing fanbase's reaction to the inclusion of certain characters and environments and one's opinion of gender if fictional cartoon characters.

Recommendations and warning belong here but gaming trivia is in my opinion superfluous and hurts the thread.

The Orange Box (HL, HL2 ep1 and 2, Portal, TF2) currently a fiver on Impulse:

http://impulsedriven.com/orangebox

Registers on Steam (...)
    Last edited by Themadcow; 11-06-2012 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Themadcow View Post
    The Orange Box (HL, HL2 ep1 and 2, TF2) currently a fiver on Impulse:

http://impulsedriven.com/orangebox

Registers on Steam (...)
    That's a stellar freaking deal.

Quote Originally Posted by TaroYamada View Post
    That's a stellar freaking deal.
    ... for the one person who does not have the Orange Box.

I know a guy, haha, I linked him. I would have killed for that deal when I became a PC gamer in March 2011.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jams O'Donnell View Post
    I would have bought it again if it wasn't on Impulse. (I'm still carrying a grudge that they sold my contact and credit card details to GameStop.)
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jams O'Donnell View Post
    It is I! But I have no interest in it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I caved and picked-up S&S - it's been a while since I played anything 'blue sky' - and it's better than it's demo suggests...

The biggest issues are technical for sure - some of the courses have some savage slowdown (actually all-out-stop for short periods) and no amount of fiddling with the options makes any difference (as in it's no better on low settings than on max!!!) which clearly suggests it's a bit of a shitty port (if the lack of multiplayer and the control issues aren't sign enough).

When I'm asked to type in my name using a controller when there's a keyboard in-front of me I cannot help but sigh - but get past that and the slowdown/glitches and it's fun enough to play - a sort of 'Outrun 2006 Lite' really.

Hey ho