Page 212 of 569 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262312 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,240 of 11362

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Is Dungeon Siege 3 at all Obsidian-ified, I mean that in both senses of the phrase.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

I have no idea. Never played it, am tempted at that price as I have been getting into ARPGs as of late.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Heliocentric:

Sort of!

It does NOT have the bugs, glitches, and plain artwork many Obsidian games have. It's actually an extremely polished and lovely game!

It also doesn't have the same level of narrative excellence. But the story is pretty good and vastly better than the rest of the genre.

It's one of my favorite games of last year, and with a few caveats (use a gampad, know that it's not a lot like Diablo) I recommend it to all. Great game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Well that's, uhm... wow; A very very peculiar spammer. I think I've only ever seen one that was weirder.

I, however, expected to get my diablo-fix from DS3 and was deeply disapointed when I realised it could not deliver. The boring loot, repetitive combat mechanics (even more than usually in the genre) and annoying story made me stop playing after a few hours. What Titan Quest, Sacred 2 and Torchlight managed before it, Dungeon Siege 3 could not accomplish. It just did not click.

For 5 bucks it might be worth trying though.

edit: scarygirl for a fiver at greenmangaming

Is it any good? RPS coverage seems rather sparse.
    Last edited by downgrade; 15-06-2012 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop View Post
    (1.) Players must be male or female
    Aww, gosh darnit! I really thought this would be my big break..

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Aww, gosh darnit! I really thought this would be my big break..
    You filthy buoys will never stain our football! back to the coal mines with you! [/racism]

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Is Dungeon Siege 3 at all Obsidian-ified, I mean that in both senses of the phrase.
    I would say not at all. The game is stable and completely bug-free which is great, but there's nothing about the story, characters or writing in general that really makes it stand out in the way that other Obsidian games do. The writing isn't bad, but it certainly isn't outstanding.

Also, I felt the game lacked a little something. I think the crafting system that was added in the DLC might be that something, but I never got around to playing it again with the DLC.

Disclaimer: I played it on the Eksbawks, so I can't personally speak to the quality of the port.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Please, whoever is in charge, do not delete that spammer. It is brilliant.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    If you liked DS 1 and 2 , don't play 3. =/
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Quote Originally Posted by Leopig View Post
    THQ 10 pack of games 14.86

http://www.shopto.net/PRODUCT/5PCTH8...e7a708eb815029

- Metro 2033- Red Faction Guerilla- Company Of Heroes- Company Of Heroes: Opposing Fronts- Saints Row 2- Darksiders- Dawn Of War 2- Dawn Of War Chaos Rising- Supreme Commander- Frontlines Fuel Of War

There is at least 2 good games in that pack :)
    A brilliant bundle (DoW2 Gold is definitely one of my all-time favourite games), but who doesn't have at least half of those games already? ^^
    Last edited by PenguinJim; 16-06-2012 at 03:33 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    If you liked DS 1 and 2 , don't play 3. =/
    Can you extrapolate on that? I played DS1 and found loot management a little onerous. It was better than Titan's Quest but in the end I gave up on DS1 too.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Sniper Elite V2 19.49 Tempted myself but seen so many mixed reviews I will wait for it to drop further.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJim View Post
    A brilliant bundle (DoW2 Gold is definitely one of my all-time favourite games), but who doesn't have at least half of those games already? ^^
    Me. I have 3 of them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Can you extrapolate on that? I played DS1 and found loot management a little onerous. It was better than Titan's Quest but in the end I gave up on DS1 too.
    I adored the first Dungeon Siege because of it's wonderful music, skill system, exploration, setting and environment, it was such a great game to play with friends or alone.
    Dungeon Siege 2 although still a good game changed it's skill system and had got rid of the exploration because of it's linear path you had to walk, combat was still fine and Internet and LAN worked great.

Now I have to admit I didn't come very far in Dungeon Siege 3 because my interest in it vanished the moment I found out the game did not have a LAN option, instead it has this co-op mode where you and your buddy share one screen, making it really clausterfobic because of the camera that's so darn close to the players, it also takes your freedom away, you can compare it to Marvel Ultimate Alliance's co-op. It's also more action based, the only that it has in common with the previous games is it's undeserving title in my opinion.

There's also Space Siege, Gas Powered Games' last RPG which I considered to be medicore at best, it didn't have loot, most of the time took place in boring space structure corridoors and is about a 4 hour game.
    Last edited by Ravelle; 16-06-2012 at 03:56 PM.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Oh yeah, the other thing to remember about DS3 RE: co-op, is that only the main character actually progresses. So don't get too attached to that character, 'cause you won't be able to take them into SP. MASSIVE oversight that.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

I am download DS3 now, for a fiver with the DLC must be worth a shot, if I dont like it I can always carry on with TL.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Before anyone asks, Driver SF doesn't require you to be online. Click the offline button in Uplay.
    It's an awesome game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    And you don't say where the deal is from, silly! Steam's daily. Anyhow, it's 75% off. The page for it seems to say that an internet connection is required for installation, nothing about anything else.

This was actually a game I was interested in...I'll wait till the summer sale. At worst, I'll be delaying getting it at the same price. At best, it'll be an extra quid off (unlikely, but hey). Gives me those few days to decrease the backlog.