Page 216 of 589 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226266316 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,320 of 11772

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    From the Gamefly sale, I recommend:

Grand Theft Auto IV (4.99)
    Aside from the triple-dip on DRM (four if you count Gamefly), it's quite a good game. Sort of. It has been cheaper, though, so perhaps holding out for a deal on the 'Complete' edition of GTA IV is a wiser move.

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (3.49)
    Again, has been cheaper before but it's quite a good game with some interesting ideas.

Just Cause 2 (3.50)
    Don't bother worrying about the DLC, it's non-essential and comes down to a pittance in GamersGate sales. But it can be a fun game if you can stomach the over-large map.

GTA: San Andreas (1.49)
    Often said to be the pinnacle of the GTA series - it's got a brilliant map, a massive amount of variety in terms of activities, vehicles and so forth, but it is a little bit of a shitty port for PC.

Tom Cuhlancey's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 New York 3 BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD (1.75)
    Perhaps the most friendly of the Tom Cuhlancey games if you play non-squad based manshoots. The controls take a little bit of getting used to and the graphics aren't particularly stunning, nor is the port 100% superb, but it's a capable game with some interesting mechanics and some good non-story game modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Leopig View Post
    Not sure, when going to install on origin it said required disk space 25gb. Ah just started it and the download is 12gb, they must have had some patches.
    It might be compressed or overstated - either is entirely likely. GamersGate is saying a ~13GB download, and as you said Origin is doing the same. It might just be overstating the size in order to make sure you have enough room for it to 'move' (i.e. download, install, etc).

Did you hav problems ordering from Gamefly? i tried the other day but the order froze so I cancelled because they didn't seem like they wanted to charge me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    I've never bought from them. The games I have transferred from D2D.

Apply coupon "HOTUK0611" to save 10% on those gamefly prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    GTA: San Andreas (1.49)
    Often said to be the pinnacle of the GTA series - it's got a brilliant map, a massive amount of variety in terms of activities, vehicles and so forth, but it is a little bit of a shitty port for PC.
    For those buying San Andreas, be sure to find a downgrade to the 1.01 .exe (preferably of the No-CD variety), since for some reason when they upgraded to 3.0 they removed resolution options, including the ever-popular 1920x1080.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Also download a 100% save and enjoy the game without the bullshit missions and restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Also download a 100% save and enjoy the game without the bullshit missions and restrictions.
    All you had to do was follow the damn train, CJ!

Thinking about buying Men Of War Assault Squad while it's on sale. I hear that it's mostly multiplayer focused, so is it any fun by yourself? I will play multiplayer sometimes, but probably about 80% solo for various reasons. Having never played a Men of War game, is there another one I should start with?

Does one have to use any Gamefly DRM/client?

I love Assault Squad, and only ever played it single player. It has no real campaign, just a bunch of skirmish maps.

The maps in the base game all seem to be of the same type - you have to capture and hold objective points while enemy forces try to stop you and force you back. I believe the skirmish DLCs may add different map types, but I have only just bought them so dunno for sure.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Revisor View Post
    Does one have to use any Gamefly DRM/client?
    Gamefly has its own client. I have no idea whether it's tolerable or not, since I archived all my D2D purchases before the switch and haven't been back.

I relented again today and tried to use gamefly again. This time they triggered the fraud protection on my card and i had to phone the bank to use it again, so bought Darkspore on Origin instead of LA Noire. Damn, just realised I have spent like 45 on games since friday, that's almost all of my dole money :(

Lesser Hivemind Node
    You have to use gamefly's client. It is a glorified download manager as far as I can see, it downloads the game, then you click install, it fires up the installer then gives you the product keys.

Thats it for the client as far as I can see.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Gamefly has its own client. I have no idea whether it's tolerable or not, since I archived all my D2D purchases before the switch and haven't been back.
    You may want to redownload them from Gamefly (you do not need the client to install, you do need to enter your username and password). I am not sure if D2D DRM servers are still online, and if they are, how long they will be. It may be possible to just replace the exe with a "fixed" one, but one needs to check if that works for specific games. The games using D2D DRM are those with the 8-4-4-4-12 key.

Men of War: Assault Squad is 7.49 GOTY on Steam.

Co-op?

I'm also interested in the Men of War deal but don't know which game I should pick up, which one offers the best singleplayer campaign? I'm not interested in skirmish-type maps, co-op or multiplayer. Any suggestions?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    For the single player you're probably best off going for the original Men of War.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marar Patrunjica View Post
    I'm also interested in the Men of War deal but don't know which game I should pick up, which one offers the best singleplayer campaign? I'm not interested in skirmish-type maps, co-op or multiplayer. Any suggestions?
    The first one has an excellent set of single player campaigns. I gather Red Tide is even more single player focussed but have never really got into it.

Anyone enjoy MOW: Vietnam? I know it got a tanking on here but that was only regards to the first level, coverage elsewhere has also been pretty sparse. I liked the idea of it but I could also see it just being all of the annoying bits of MOW as a complete game.

Network Hub
    Taken from here:

Civilization V, Gods & Kings off 50% in Europe, 33% off in USA

Ends 20/6/2012 4am GMT if I converted it correctly.

It's a mac store, but it sends you a steam key. And I'm on a PC and it activated fine, managed to download it and just started a game as Byzantine.

If graphics are not important why spend so much on a GPU?