Page 219 of 577 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269319 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,380 of 11523

Thread: PC Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    The way Humble Bundle does it is just nicely simple and doesn't mean yet another site you have login and password for, just need to keep the email or make a bookmark for your page.
    To be fair, though, the recent trend in the bundle scene seems to be a move to this model, the point being that if you lose the bookmark or email, you don't lose access to your bundle, and they let you manage all of your purchases from a single page.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

So I'm curious whether the Valve + Adult Swim collaboration announcement next week will tie in somehow with the Steam Summer Sale presumably next week.

wow, not heard of it, what collaboration? sounds incredibly fun!

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar

Steam's daily deal is Vessel, 67% off:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/108500/
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Tempting. I know the Steam sale starts this Thursday (most likely) but I think even if you see it on sale then, you're only going to knock another quid off at most.
    My Blog|Steam|GW2 Main: Chakan Khimar

Activated Node
    It's worth noting the developers are having the same sale over on their official website which nets you both a DRM-free copy and a Steamcode + it's cheaper because it's in $$ + more money goes to the developer.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
    Tempting. I know the Steam sale starts this Thursday (most likely) but I think even if you see it on sale then, you're only going to knock another quid off at most.
    I think it will be longer than that - my money is split between next Mon/Tue or the following one (just because they always seems to start the longer sales on Mon/Tue and run them to end on a Sunday)

That's if they've even doing one - there's been nothing remotely solid to suggest they are has there (games updating with new achievements etc??)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Vessel is excellent. I encourage everyone to buy it.

As for the Steam sale, it has been on the last Thursday of June for the past two years, so a Thursday opener seems likely. If they are going to change it, I'd expect it to be sooner rather than later, this Monday. We'll see!

Quote Originally Posted by Fredie007 View Post
    It's worth noting the developers are having the same sale over on their official website which nets you both a DRM-free copy and a Steamcode + it's cheaper because it's in $$ + more money goes to the developer.
    Nice find, that's a move that I totally second. Just FTR, with paypal's cutthroat conversion, it's 4.11 €.

I wish I'd seen this, I bought it on Steam about 20 minutes ago.

Also, Alan Wake Collector's $11.88
    Last edited by Space Indaver; 24-06-2012 at 04:58 AM.

Activated Node
    In case anyone wasn't sure, I can confirm that the Gamersgate Empire and Napoleon Total War gives you two steam keys - one for Empire and one for Napoleon which means that you can buy this even if you own one already and gift/trade the duplicate.

I say this because I couldn't find any other way to get Empire and all the DLC without buying this bundle.

Network Hub
    How does this work? I just purchased direct and I noticed the transaction was handled by Humble Inc. Do they not take a cut? Also, do the devs not pay for the Steam keys they bundle with the product?

Quote Originally Posted by baby snot View Post
    Also, do the devs not pay for the Steam keys they bundle with the product?
    Based upon the information I've been given from a reliable source, if the game is for sale on Steam then it doesn't cost the Devs extra* to give out Steam keys for games purchased elsewhere.

* Of course it costs them something in time, effort and having a system in place to manage it which may be why some Devs don't do it. Also some alternative sites the Devs use to sell their game may forbid it within their terms of service - because they want to sell the customer added download insurance etc.

Network Hub
    All the Dragon Ages at amazon.com $4.99 each download

Origins

Awakening

Too

Anyone think this might be the time to pick 2 up, and if so I have enough magic points I want to get rid of for one of the DLCs so recommendations there would be appreciated?
    Last edited by goatmonkey; 24-06-2012 at 10:56 AM.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by baby snot View Post
    How does this work? I just purchased direct and I noticed the transaction was handled by Humble Inc. Do they not take a cut? Also, do the devs not pay for the Steam keys they bundle with the product?
    I hadn't really thought it through. I assumed the developers would see more of the money in the end based on the fact that they are selling it this way on their official site (which I associated with a larger cut of the profits). It'd be interesting to see how the price gets split, whether the developers selling through the Humble Store have to pay for the bandwidth for the DRM-free copies etc.

Quote Originally Posted by goatmonkey View Post
    All the Dragon Ages at amazon.com $4.99 each download

Origins

Awakening

Too

Anyone think this might be the time to pick 2 up, and if so I have enough magic points I want to get rid of for one of the DLCs so recommendations there would be appreciated?

For that price I would try any game (apart from STALKER). I wish I lived in the US cause i would be all over Dragon Age II for that price.
    If graphics are not important why spend so much on a GPU?

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopig View Post
    For that price I would try any game (apart from STALKER). I wish I lived in the US cause i would be all over Dragon Age II for that price.
    Just enter a US billing address and it can be yours for that price as well.

will any address work? like the whitehouse or something?
    If graphics are not important why spend so much on a GPU?

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Pretty sure it will. Since it's a digital download, I don't think it really matters.