Page 227 of 594 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277327 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,540 of 11865

Thread: PC Bargains

  1. #4521
    Lesser Hivemind Node Wheelz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Posts
    523
    What's the opinion of the Crusader kings 2 dlc? as I'm looking at possibly getting the Pint-sized Paradox Pack (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008G0ZXSK/) tomorrow when it goes live.

    Additionally, I'm also interested in the 2K Strategy pack, which contains:
    - Civilization V: GOTY
    - Civilization IV: Complete
    - StrongHold Collection (which itself contains: Stronghold, Stronghold 2, Stronghold Crusaders, and Stronghold Legends)

    So question, is the Stronghold collection worth picking up? I've been given a reccomendation for the first Stronghold, but I've heard nothing of the others.

    Cheers.

  2. #4522
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    What's the opinion of the Crusader kings 2 dlc?
    The only one of any interest is the ruler designer, which lets you set up your traits and skills for a new game. More good things means an older character so you can't make a best of all character but you can make some interesting setups if you're so inclined.

    The rest are all fluff and do exactly what they say on the tin. They add nothing mechanically but the emblems and mongol pack are nice enough if you're playing in their part of the world. The pack as a whole certainly isn't worth buying just for the dlc on offer. It's a nice bonus if you're interestd in Warlock or Majesty though.

    As a side note, the real expansion (Sword of Islam) isn't included in that pack and the new african units are also missing.

  3. #4523
    Lesser Hivemind Node Wheelz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Posts
    523
    Quote Originally Posted by Goateh View Post
    The only one of any interest is the ruler designer, which lets you set up your traits and skills for a new game. More good things means an older character so you can't make a best of all character but you can make some interesting setups if you're so inclined.

    The rest are all fluff and do exactly what they say on the tin. They add nothing mechanically but the emblems and mongol pack are nice enough if you're playing in their part of the world. The pack as a whole certainly isn't worth buying just for the dlc on offer. It's a nice bonus if you're interestd in Warlock or Majesty though.
    Cheers for that. I'll likely pick up the pack any way, as I'm somewhat interested in Majesty and Warlock.

    Which leaves just my other question, does anyone know how worthwhile the stronghold collection is? are the other games in the pack different/better than the first in a manner that makes them worth collecting?

  4. #4524
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus jnx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    Cheers for that. I'll likely pick up the pack any way, as I'm somewhat interested in Majesty and Warlock.

    Which leaves just my other question, does anyone know how worthwhile the stronghold collection is? are the other games in the pack different/better than the first in a manner that makes them worth collecting?
    The first is the best I'd say.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

  5. #4525
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    15
    Arma II: Combined Operations for 15, directly from Bohemia. Registers on Steam.

    https://store.bistudio.com/arma2-com...-steam-version

  6. #4526
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,806
    Quote Originally Posted by thenagus View Post
    Arma II: Combined Operations for 15, directly from Bohemia. Registers on Steam.

    https://store.bistudio.com/arma2-com...-steam-version
    Tempting... additionally
    Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead - Steam version 9.74
    https://store.bistudio.com/military-simulations-games

    But will that play nice with my D2D->Gamefly version of Arma 2?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

  7. #4527
    Lesser Hivemind Node Velko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    905
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Tempting... additionally
    Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead - Steam version 9.74
    https://store.bistudio.com/military-simulations-games

    But will that play nice with my D2D->Gamefly version of Arma 2?
    I have heard that it doesn't matter at all where you got your Arma2 pieces from, they should all fit together.

  8. #4528
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    What's the opinion of the Crusader kings 2 dlc?
    The extra music is gorgeous, as is all of the music in the game. More music = better.

  9. #4529
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,630
    Please buy The Darkness II.

  10. #4530
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    714
    Just to let you all know, that amazon sale from a couple of pages back has now started

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...12791&plpage=1

  11. #4531
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    186
    Anyone think Syndicate is worth the 10 or should I wait a bit longer?

  12. #4532
    Lesser Hivemind Node Oshada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Lonely Mountain
    Posts
    701
    Amazon are now offering Steam codes for non-Steamworks games, which is great if you like your achievements, not so great if you like to play offline. And I'm sure Steam are trolling us, they've put out increasingly horrible Daily Deals for about a week now...

  13. #4533
    Activated Node jyden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by Oshada View Post
    Amazon are now offering Steam codes for non-Steamworks games, which is great if you like your achievements, not so great if you like to play offline. And I'm sure Steam are trolling us, they've put out increasingly horrible Daily Deals for about a week now...
    Any lists of titles this counts for or does it state so on the product page?

  14. #4534
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    the angry dome
    Posts
    3,715
    Quote Originally Posted by jyden View Post
    Any lists of titles this counts for or does it state so on the product page?
    It's explicit. Usually you can buy either the Steam code version or the actual download version, your choice.

  15. #4535
    Lesser Hivemind Node Wheelz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Posts
    523
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    Just to let you all know, that amazon sale from a couple of pages back has now started

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...12791&plpage=1
    It's worth noting for anyone who picked up the paradox pack from an earlier sale that Amazon are offering the Pint-sized Pack as well, however it's currently not showing up on that list of discounts, but can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008G0ZXSK/

  16. #4536
    Quote Originally Posted by CrinnyCow View Post
    Thinking about pulling the trigger on this: http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-KOARC/...lection-bundle

    What do you guys think? I heard the game was exceptionally easy. Is it still worth it?
    Interesting. This doesn't show up browsing from Australia. Because EA want to keep fucking us on the price?

  17. #4537
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    the angry dome
    Posts
    3,715
    Quote Originally Posted by LutherBlissett View Post
    Interesting. This doesn't show up browsing from Australia. Because EA want to keep fucking us on the price?
    It was the daily deal for Saturday, it's not on sale anymore.

  18. #4538
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    It was the daily deal for Saturday, it's not on sale anymore.
    It's not even available to buy at Gamersgate when I look.

  19. #4539
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    the angry dome
    Posts
    3,715
    Quote Originally Posted by LutherBlissett View Post
    It's not even available to buy at Gamersgate when I look.
    That's probably bullshit region locking, then. Good old EA.

  20. #4540
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Oshada View Post
    And I'm sure Steam are trolling us, they've put out increasingly horrible Daily Deals for about a week now...
    Actually Zombie Driver is excellent! It was constantly updated, polished and supplied with new content, it's a true gem now.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •