Page 228 of 544 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238278328 ... LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,560 of 10869

Thread: PC Bargains

  1. #4541
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,979
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Actually Zombie Driver is excellent! It was constantly updated, polished and supplied with new content, it's a true gem now.
    Yes, the bile it suffered due to "incomplete features set" has almost all returned to the players liver. It's got a challenging and we'll laid out campaign, well implemented score attack modes and it's limited graphical quality(its still an ex mod teams first effort) is perfectly masked by the fixed camera. It's great, its cheaper and it's got a demo.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

  2. #4542
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,979
    Quote Originally Posted by goatmonkey View Post
    Anyone think Syndicate is worth the 10 or should I wait a bit longer?
    It dropped fast early on, I expect 3.75 before August.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

  3. #4543
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus jnx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,126
    I'll check it out when they pay me to do so. By November maybe?
    Read more here (On hold) or on Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

  4. #4544
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,979
    Quote Originally Posted by jnx View Post
    I'll check it out when they pay me to do so. By November maybe?
    I'd hold out for pension and comprehensive dental cover.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

  5. #4545
    Lesser Hivemind Node Scumbag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lincoln
    Posts
    894
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Yes, the bile it suffered due to "incomplete features set" has almost all returned to the players liver. It's got a challenging and we'll laid out campaign, well implemented score attack modes and it's limited graphical quality(its still an ex mod teams first effort) is perfectly masked by the fixed camera. It's great, its cheaper and it's got a demo.
    Hum... they fixed the camera a lot then? I've not played it in over a year and a half and dropped it first time due to the fact the game made me motion sick. First game I've ever played that has done that.

  6. #4546
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,979
    Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    Hum... they fixed the camera a lot then? I've not played it in over a year and a half and dropped it first time due to the fact the game made me motion sick. First game I've ever played that has done that.
    Oh... By fixed i meant it never moves, you might still have that issue.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

  7. #4547
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London Town
    Posts
    151
    I couldn't say for certain what I've experienced of the game is your experience Heliocentric, but playing Zombie Driver still makes me nauseous and gives me headaches. Likewise, it's the only game to have ever done that to me.

  8. #4548
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    525
    7/3 (or 7/4 depending on if we can get the bundle made) through 7/10:


    The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack $14.99:
    Bulletstorm
    Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
    Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
    Mirror's Edge
    The Saboteur

    On Amazon Digital, 03/07 or 04/07 for us normal date people. Page isn't up yet, but check the sales page on amazon.com and it will be there soon. Thats a very good pack.

  9. #4549
    Network Hub Space Indaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toyohashi, Aichi, Japan
    Posts
    200
    I'd hit that.

  10. #4550
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NEuro Troika Franchulate #3
    Posts
    2,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    7/3 (or 7/4 depending on if we can get the bundle made) through 7/10:


    The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack $14.99:
    Bulletstorm
    Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
    Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
    Mirror's Edge
    The Saboteur

    On Amazon Digital, 03/07 or 04/07 for us normal date people. Page isn't up yet, but check the sales page on amazon.com and it will be there soon. Thats a very good pack.
    The Saboteur is very worth it, a bit rough around the edges but it has explosions, tits(not the bird kind) and bad accents. The rest it's well known.
    Steam
    Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

  11. #4551
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,308
    Fuck whoever designed The Saboteur's climbing. MASH SPACE FOREVER

  12. #4552
    Network Hub Space Indaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toyohashi, Aichi, Japan
    Posts
    200
    Don't really know anything about Mercs, I've never looked into it. But the other four would look pretty​ on my rig.

  13. #4553
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NEuro Troika Franchulate #3
    Posts
    2,125
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Fuck whoever designed The Saboteur's climbing. MASH SPACE FOREVER
    Quoting Yahtzee, it's designed that way because Sean gets easily distracted with Guinness and tits.
    Steam
    Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

  14. #4554
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Indaver View Post
    Don't really know anything about Mercs, I've never looked into it. But the other four would look pretty​ on my rig.
    Mercs 2 looks pretty primitive (and runs accordingly) on most PCs - it's basically a PS2-era game with very few knobs on.

    It's fun - if you like games with square cars, square tanks, square hedgerows, AI which clip through everything and so on...

  15. #4555
    Network Hub Space Indaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toyohashi, Aichi, Japan
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Mercs 2 looks pretty primitive (and runs accordingly) on most PCs - it's basically a PS2-era game with very few knobs on.

    It's fun - if you like games with square cars, square tanks, square hedgerows, AI which clip through everything and so on...
    Sounds like the B- or C-tier sort of game that will go virtually extinct now that THQ have tightened their belts.

  16. #4556
    Lesser Hivemind Node Leopig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Bridgend, Wales
    Posts
    684
    Dragon Age 2 7.99 http://www.game.co.uk/en/dragon-age-...agon%20age%202

    So 8 for the disc where Game pay to post it, but 14.99 for a download.... backwards logic... still thinking about it, but hopefull it will be on the steam sale soon.

    The Wticher 2 21.99 download http://www.game.co.uk/en/the-witcher...%20witcher%202

    It is not the enchanced edition, but the update is free to download anyway isnt it? Funny how a free update can cost 10 + :/

    Red Faction Armageddon 4.99 Download http://www.game.co.uk/en/red-faction...ue1=4294965154
    Last edited by Leopig; 03-07-2012 at 05:59 PM.
    If graphics are not important why spend so much on a GPU?

  17. #4557
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus c-Row's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Anus Mundi, Germany
    Posts
    1,051
    Metacritic tells me it's so-so, but today's Steam deal is Legendary. The game, I mean. Only €1.69.

    Furthermore, the Rock Of Ages has been diagnosed with Midweek Madness.
    Last edited by c-Row; 03-07-2012 at 06:15 PM.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

  18. #4558
    Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    Metacritic tells me it's so-so, but today's Steam deal is Legendary. The game, I mean. Only €1.69.
    Has anyone tried it? Is the 50 score due to technical issues that may since have been patched, or is it truly wretched?

  19. #4559
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NEuro Troika Franchulate #3
    Posts
    2,125
    Quote Originally Posted by F. Lynx Pardinus View Post
    Has anyone tried it? Is the 50 score due to technical issues that may since have been patched, or is it truly wretched?
    Even RPS' Demo Review says it's shite, and they also did Turning Point: Fall of Liberty, but I also wanted another opinion. 2€ is really cheap.
    Steam
    Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

  20. #4560
    Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    Even RPS' Demo Review says it's shite, and they also did Turning Point: Fall of Liberty, but I also wanted another opinion. 2€ is really cheap.
    Yeah, but if I'm going to play a level or two and then throw my hands up in annoyance (I'm looking at you, Clive Barker's Jericho, and at you, Star Wars: Force Unleashed), than any amount is too expensive.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •