Page 228 of 544 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238278328 ... LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,560 of 10869

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Actually Zombie Driver is excellent! It was constantly updated, polished and supplied with new content, it's a true gem now.
    Yes, the bile it suffered due to "incomplete features set" has almost all returned to the players liver. It's got a challenging and we'll laid out campaign, well implemented score attack modes and it's limited graphical quality(its still an ex mod teams first effort) is perfectly masked by the fixed camera. It's great, its cheaper and it's got a demo.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by goatmonkey View Post
    Anyone think Syndicate is worth the 10 or should I wait a bit longer?
    It dropped fast early on, I expect 3.75 before August.

I'll check it out when they pay me to do so. By November maybe?
    Read more here (On hold) or on Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Quote Originally Posted by jnx View Post
    I'll check it out when they pay me to do so. By November maybe?
    I'd hold out for pension and comprehensive dental cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Yes, the bile it suffered due to "incomplete features set" has almost all returned to the players liver. It's got a challenging and we'll laid out campaign, well implemented score attack modes and it's limited graphical quality(its still an ex mod teams first effort) is perfectly masked by the fixed camera. It's great, its cheaper and it's got a demo.
    Hum... they fixed the camera a lot then? I've not played it in over a year and a half and dropped it first time due to the fact the game made me motion sick. First game I've ever played that has done that.

Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    Hum... they fixed the camera a lot then? I've not played it in over a year and a half and dropped it first time due to the fact the game made me motion sick. First game I've ever played that has done that.
    Oh... By fixed i meant it never moves, you might still have that issue.

Network Hub
    I couldn't say for certain what I've experienced of the game is your experience Heliocentric, but playing Zombie Driver still makes me nauseous and gives me headaches. Likewise, it's the only game to have ever done that to me.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    7/3 (or 7/4 depending on if we can get the bundle made) through 7/10:

The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack $14.99:
    Bulletstorm
    Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
    Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
    Mirror's Edge
    The Saboteur

On Amazon Digital, 03/07 or 04/07 for us normal date people. Page isn't up yet, but check the sales page on amazon.com and it will be there soon. Thats a very good pack.

I'd hit that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    7/3 (or 7/4 depending on if we can get the bundle made) through 7/10:

The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack $14.99:
    Bulletstorm
    Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
    Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
    Mirror's Edge
    The Saboteur

On Amazon Digital, 03/07 or 04/07 for us normal date people. Page isn't up yet, but check the sales page on amazon.com and it will be there soon. Thats a very good pack.
    The Saboteur is very worth it, a bit rough around the edges but it has explosions, tits(not the bird kind) and bad accents. The rest it's well known.
    Steam
    Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Fuck whoever designed The Saboteur's climbing. MASH SPACE FOREVER

Don't really know anything about Mercs, I've never looked into it. But the other four would look pretty​ on my rig.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Fuck whoever designed The Saboteur's climbing. MASH SPACE FOREVER
    Quoting Yahtzee, it's designed that way because Sean gets easily distracted with Guinness and tits.
    Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Indaver View Post
    Don't really know anything about Mercs, I've never looked into it. But the other four would look pretty​ on my rig.
    Mercs 2 looks pretty primitive (and runs accordingly) on most PCs - it's basically a PS2-era game with very few knobs on.

It's fun - if you like games with square cars, square tanks, square hedgerows, AI which clip through everything and so on...

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Mercs 2 looks pretty primitive (and runs accordingly) on most PCs - it's basically a PS2-era game with very few knobs on.

It's fun - if you like games with square cars, square tanks, square hedgerows, AI which clip through everything and so on...
    Sounds like the B- or C-tier sort of game that will go virtually extinct now that THQ have tightened their belts.

Dragon Age 2 7.99 http://www.game.co.uk/en/dragon-age-...agon%20age%202

So 8 for the disc where Game pay to post it, but 14.99 for a download.... backwards logic... still thinking about it, but hopefull it will be on the steam sale soon.

The Wticher 2 21.99 download http://www.game.co.uk/en/the-witcher...%20witcher%202

It is not the enchanced edition, but the update is free to download anyway isnt it? Funny how a free update can cost 10 + :/

Red Faction Armageddon 4.99 Download http://www.game.co.uk/en/red-faction...ue1=4294965154
    Last edited by Leopig; 03-07-2012 at 05:59 PM.
    If graphics are not important why spend so much on a GPU?

Metacritic tells me it's so-so, but today's Steam deal is Legendary. The game, I mean. Only €1.69.

Furthermore, the Rock Of Ages has been diagnosed with Midweek Madness.
    Last edited by c-Row; 03-07-2012 at 06:15 PM.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    Metacritic tells me it's so-so, but today's Steam deal is Legendary. The game, I mean. Only €1.69.
    Has anyone tried it? Is the 50 score due to technical issues that may since have been patched, or is it truly wretched?

Quote Originally Posted by F. Lynx Pardinus View Post
    Has anyone tried it? Is the 50 score due to technical issues that may since have been patched, or is it truly wretched?
    Even RPS' Demo Review says it's shite, and they also did Turning Point: Fall of Liberty, but I also wanted another opinion. 2€ is really cheap.
    Steam

Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    Even RPS' Demo Review says it's shite, and they also did Turning Point: Fall of Liberty, but I also wanted another opinion. 2€ is really cheap.
    Yeah, but if I'm going to play a level or two and then throw my hands up in annoyance (I'm looking at you, Clive Barker's Jericho, and at you, Star Wars: Force Unleashed), than any amount is too expensive.